PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys give some tips about beating giant massers?

SavageStick
02-19-2013, 04:32 PM
I lost 5 straight games from battling giant massers. I hate em :/

Btw i don't use ANY giant in my army, do you think i should? My army only has Speartons, Merics, 1 Magikill, and 1 shadowwrath.

sorrowandsadness
02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
You have to adapt to whoever you fight... a key with people who favor massing is to not let them mass... aka, disrupt economy, especially by preventing them from mining the far gold...

With giant masses, another key is to kill/weaken giants... especially the first one... if you get that giant, then press attack, they are pretty doomed. Giants have real weaknesses that can be exploited.

jli
02-19-2013, 05:13 PM
It should be even easier with the nerf on giants that they added in the new 1.4.6 patch.

I would recommend swordwrath with rage; they do some serious damage when used correctly and can be deadly when combined with a few tanks (speartons).

ShadowyWhisper
02-19-2013, 06:19 PM
I lost 5 straight games from battling giant massers. I hate em :/

Btw i don't use ANY giant in my army, do you think i should? My army only has Speartons, Merics, 1 Magikill, and 1 shadowwrath.

You should definitely include at least 1-3 Giants into your army. Use it as a tank while you ranged units can deal damage, as well as your Magikill. The ShadowWrath is a bit useless against Giant Massers.

Dakeras
02-20-2013, 01:38 AM
Imo, the way with dealing with a giant masser is twofold. First you want to scout what he is doing early. Once you see him with 1 really early giant, you can assume the worse and proceed with step 2. Saturate you gold and mana well, (4 mana and 8 to 10 on gold) and get the 3 passive income. Holding the middle is also key and should not be too hard to obtain as a giant masser will not have nothing to hold it with early. The pressure from a ghost is usually enough to keep his giants in his base, even if its not really big pressure. It lets you hold middle. With your massive income he LET you get by massing giants, you will be maxed by the 7 or 8 minute mark and have a decent STANDARD army (3-5 albows, 2-3 merics, 3-6 speartons, handful of archers and leftover swords from start. being max lets you go balls deep into his base and by that time, he will have AT MAX 4 giants and maybe 1 or 2 merics. You focus the merics with speartons and the albows and archers kill the giants. your speartons tank. You might lose more then him at that wave, but now he has no merics and weak giants. you can replenish fast since your eco is still far superior and you still have ghost pressure. you just remake army and push to win.

isgood
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Rush him. I rush them at the very start. Castle archer? Get a spearton( not as in quick spearton) when he finally gets a giant kill it imediently. You would aready have an army at the time and most likely it is unupgraded. Once the giant Elia dead, continue rushing. Swordwraths with rage to a ton of damage to giants.

Jombloxx
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
threads like these r everywhere just read some old stuff and ull find ocean of these

ShadowyWhisper
02-20-2013, 01:32 PM
Imo, the way with dealing with a giant masser is twofold. First you want to scout what he is doing early. Once you see him with 1 really early giant, you can assume the worse and proceed with step 2. Saturate you gold and mana well, (4 mana and 8 to 10 on gold) and get the 3 passive income. Holding the middle is also key and should not be too hard to obtain as a giant masser will not have nothing to hold it with early. The pressure from a ghost is usually enough to keep his giants in his base, even if its not really big pressure. It lets you hold middle. With your massive income he LET you get by massing giants, you will be maxed by the 7 or 8 minute mark and have a decent STANDARD army (3-5 albows, 2-3 merics, 3-6 speartons, handful of archers and leftover swords from start. being max lets you go balls deep into his base and by that time, he will have AT MAX 4 giants and maybe 1 or 2 merics. You focus the merics with speartons and the albows and archers kill the giants. your speartons tank. You might lose more then him at that wave, but now he has no merics and weak giants. you can replenish fast since your eco is still far superior and you still have ghost pressure. you just remake army and push to win.

4 fully grown Giants are hard to beat with this army.

Dakeras
02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
If i would have sved the 2-3 replays of me beating 4-5 giants in that exact manner, you would have a change of mind though.

PUMU
02-26-2013, 10:42 PM
The solution to countering giant mass is not to mass giants yourself. Harass the economy before they have a chance to build an economy. It takes a long time to collect 3000 gold if speartons keep harassing your miners