PDA

View Full Version : Order vs. Order : Story of Rage Swordwraths

Dakeras
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Now look. I like the whole idea of Swords having a stimpack not too difficult to get early game, and it is one of the best opening I think when you execute it well, but.....

I must say 80% of my games start and end at rage swordwrath. Either I make a mistake and game is over or either the opponent makes a mistake and game is pretty much over. And if, by chance, the game does not end right there and then at the 3 minute mark with 4 or 5 swords waking at each other, then whoever made the little micro mistake will still lose in the 1 or 2 minute that follows.

Now, this is not really a flaming post and I honestly don't have a solution to this little problem I have encountered, but still. Maybe it could maybe be something that is looked at.

It would be nice too if you guys wanted to talk about it too. It is just that early game, rage with swords seem to be all there is to the mirror. Maybe I forget to research rage a few seconds too late and got like 60 mana or so so mine is a little late and I lose. Or maybe I miss click trying to focus fire 1 enemy sword and I lose. Or this thing happens to the opponent too I presume. Now I understand its normal people make mistakes and that's what makes a goo player also, forcing a mistake out of the opponent, but when these little mistakes cost you the game the majority of the time right there and then, I kinda see a problem.

ShadowyWhisper
02-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Think about this. On ground, SwordWrath with Rage can beat any other unit other than Giant by population. I haven't tested 7 Swords vs 1 Giant. Anyways, Sword is most powerful. That's why people use it.

KrayZStick
02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
1. You can spam them without worrying 'bout pop.
2. They have RAGE.
3. They do massive damage.

isgood
02-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Think about this. On ground, SwordWrath with Rage can beat any other unit other than Giant by population. I haven't tested 7 Swords vs 1 Giant. Anyways, Sword is most powerful. That's why people use it.

well that depends on the growth. no growth only takes 4-5 swords :P

FailingAtFailing
02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
I think swords are even more powerful now since Castle Archer Splash Damage was reduced. Mass swords may become the new thing. Oh wait, poison, bombers, albows.

Dakeras
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
yo guys. I was talking about the first 3 minutes of game here. No magikill yet with poison yet, no albows yet. Early game 3v3 or 4v4 swords always feel like coin flip. Whoever does the smallest mistake with almost always lose right there and then. I'm not even talking about the sword compared to other units. Did you read what I tried to explain to you?

I'm telling you, whoever kills the first sword in the first or second engagement before the 3 minute mark loses the game. That was the issue. Not the fact that we can make bomber (this was a Order vs Order by the way FailingatFailing....) or taht you can make late game magikill with poison or electric wall.

jli
02-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Dakeras,

This is true to some extent; whichever swordwrath gets the most jabs in in a 1v1 duel wins. However, there's a bunch of things you can do with swordwrath (micro) to exact an advantage, and these sort of cancel out the small probability factor.

Another thing that makes the opening less open to chance is an archer. Kiting is deadly in the opening, and most people open with sword/archer on short maps, which makes for a pretty intense micro battle.

_Ai_
02-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes, probaly that seperates good players from bad players. But, lag is also a factor. Due to lag, you make a small mistake. Due to that mistake, you lose early game.

stickman311
02-22-2013, 02:02 AM
yo guys. I was talking about the first 3 minutes of game here. No magikill yet with poison yet, no albows yet. Early game 3v3 or 4v4 swords always feel like coin flip. Whoever does the smallest mistake with almost always lose right there and then. I'm not even talking about the sword compared to other units. Did you read what I tried to explain to you?

I'm telling you, whoever kills the first sword in the first or second engagement before the 3 minute mark loses the game. That was the issue. Not the fact that we can make bomber (this was a Order vs Order by the way FailingatFailing....) or taht you can make late game magikill with poison or electric wall.

I would have got a albow by the 3 minute mark on grass hills

Dakeras
02-22-2013, 02:46 AM
I would have got a albow by the 3 minute mark on grass hills

Then I just rush you with the swords I made and punish you. And if you make castle archer, I just punish you hard by killing 1 of your workers at least with rage, I will have middle for the start and I will be able to get 2 more workers then you. Sounds like a plan? So your albow by 3 mins to counter the swords is irrelevant in some sense since I will have moved on from swords already and will have better stuff, better eco. Anyways, m in a better position. So you need to counter with your own swords or maybe an archer to give me aggression too, but archers die real real easy to rage and then e are back to the position of the little mistake you might make or cuzz of lag makes you lose the game cuzz of rage swords at start...

stickman311
02-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Then I just rush you with the swords I made and punish you. And if you make castle archer, I just punish you hard by killing 1 of your workers at least with rage, I will have middle for the start and I will be able to get 2 more workers then you. Sounds like a plan? So your albow by 3 mins to counter the swords is irrelevant in some sense since I will have moved on from swords already and will have better stuff, better eco. Anyways, m in a better position. So you need to counter with your own swords or maybe an archer to give me aggression too, but archers die real real easy to rage and then e are back to the position of the little mistake you might make or cuzz of lag makes you lose the game cuzz of rage swords at start...
You got it wrong, i would have played with you this game while i have 16 miners on gold and pwn you with a giant