PDA

View Full Version : Empire Selection and Purchase

jli
02-23-2013, 09:31 PM
As of now, many are reluctant to buy chaos as it does not offer a feasible incentive other than new units and upgrades. In fact, chaos is extremely hard to play on short maps vs. order. Another thing to be aware of is the fact that some (Shadowy has mentioned this SEVERAL times) simply do not have the ability to pay.

So here's my idea. Upon account creation, give the players a chance to play around with each empire in a sandbox of sorts. Then, let them choose an empire. From this point on, they cannot change their choice, and any other empire will have to be paid for as well. (for example, if I chose Chaos, then I'd have to pay for Order).

Of course, there's the issue of alt accounts, but you can always impose the same regulations as dropbox does: restriction by IP, email, and username.

KrayZStick
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
As of now, many are reluctant to buy chaos as it does not offer a feasible incentive other than new units and upgrades. In fact, chaos is extremely hard to play on short maps vs. order. Another thing to be aware of is the fact that some (Shadowy has mentioned this SEVERAL times) simply do not have the ability to pay.

So here's my idea. Upon account creation, give the players a chance to play around with each empire in a sandbox of sorts. Then, let them choose an empire. From this point on, they cannot change their choice, and any other empire will have to be paid for as well. (for example, if I chose Chaos, then I'd have to pay for Order).

Of course, there's the issue of alt accounts, but you can always impose the same regulations as dropbox does: restriction by IP, email, and username.
This can be abused easily, people can just make 3 accounts, one for Order, Chaos and Elemental, then no one would pay for membership!

jli
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM

^ pasted right from original post.

KrayZStick
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM

^ pasted right from original post.
Not sure you can IP Ban them in a way that they can only make 1/2 accounts...

jli
02-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Not sure you can IP Ban them in a way that they can only make 1/2 accounts...

But the point is that it doesn't matter. Once you make an account, any further accounts made at that IP are bound to that empire. Forever. Unless you buy.

Ninjareviver
02-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Nah, itís good the way it is.
Am I the only one here who reckons this game shouldnít be F2P anyway? I really canít believe how greedy and selfish some people can be. CrazyJ and Brock practically use their own personal time to make this game, which is 80% FREE.
So please if you really want to play Chaos, just buy it. ITíS $4

jli
02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Nah, it’s good the way it is.
Am I the only one here who reckons this game shouldn’t be F2P anyway? I really can’t believe how greedy and selfish some people can be. CrazyJ and Brock practically use their own personal time to make this game, which is 80% FREE.
So please if you really want to play Chaos, just buy it. IT’S $4

Making it a 100% paid game isn't the best idea; they already have a small user-base as it is. I don't think you're interpreting my post in the way I intended. My suggestion is that, by allowing people to play as other empires, it might be possible in encourage more variety and perhaps more interest in other empires. More variety = more strategies = more fun, more interest = more money. It's not really detrimental.

And personally, I'd rather stick with Order.

_Ai_
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Making it a 100% paid game isn't the best idea; they already have a small user-base as it is. I don't think you're interpreting my post in the way I intended. My suggestion is that, by allowing people to play as other empires, it might be possible in encourage more variety and perhaps more interest in other empires. More variety = more strategies = more fun, more interest = more money. It's not really detrimental.

And personally, I'd rather stick with Order.

Well, they have to make money somehow...

jli
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Um... Ok guys, it's not that hard to understand. You get to pick ONE empire. You cannot change this choice. You must pay for the others if you wish to play them.

KrayZStick
02-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Um... Ok guys, it's not that hard to understand. You get to pick ONE empire. You cannot change this choice. You must pay for the others if you wish to play them.
BUT, YOU CAN MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS. It's easier and more simple the way it is...

jli
02-23-2013, 10:47 PM
BUT, YOU CAN MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS. It's easier and more simple the way it is...

AGAIN, I JUST answered that question. Do you guys... read the post?

But I guess I'll agree that it's simpler as is.

Panki
02-23-2013, 10:51 PM
What he's trying to say is people can only make one account per I.P, or computer. Which means that once you make an account one computer, the game disables you from making anymore accounts from that computer.

My problem is that the the person might have 2 other computers and make 2 other accounts anyway. Another problem is let's say that you have a friend who doesn't have a computer and uses yours. Once you make an account and he wants to, he can't because of one account per computer.

WyzDM
02-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I can usually handle myself as chaos on short maps, and the order empire is a better empire to really start out with. I don't see a need to pay for a specific empire.

Not to mention $4 is cheap man.

Ninjareviver
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
We all understand what you mean jill, but it’s too abusable. Also the game is fine the way it is.
Another problem would be that no one would be order, everyone would be Chaos or Elemental. The only reason why Order’s player base is alive is because it’s FREE. So, giving players a choice to choose between Order, Chaos or Elemental means that no one would pick Order. So basically the game would be back where it was, which is a 2 Empire game.

WyzDM
02-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I also believe once mastered any empire can win against the other. I used to believe chaos was the only way out, but as I'm learning more and more order game I not only know how to counter certain chaos tactics but thwart it and give me victory.

stickman311
02-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Another problem is if someone chose order and he thinks he SUCKS with it and also thing he's the best after gaining knowledge AFTER he chose order then he quits SE

kingkickass2013
02-23-2013, 11:44 PM
I love this idea, krazystick does bring up a really good point, so i ask, how will we plan on preventing that?

stickman311
02-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I hate the idea.It sucks.Nobody wants to buy anymore

Xate
02-24-2013, 12:34 AM
My opinion, you have to buy to get them(Chaos and Elementals), but... there will be sandbox mode for you to have fun with them ^^(No using them to fight other players though). At least that will give them the idea of how fun the other races are.

stickman311
02-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Agreed

_Ai_
02-24-2013, 01:11 AM

If you really hate the game, just quit it. You're an eyesore.

stickman311
02-24-2013, 01:12 AM
If you really hate the game, just quit it. You're an eyesore.

I wouldn't have hate the game if i was top 100

_Ai_
02-24-2013, 01:15 AM
I wouldn't have hate the game if i was top 100

Your comment sounds like you hate the game.

stickman311
02-24-2013, 01:19 AM
Off topic

KrayZStick
02-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Off topic
Maybe win some games and get on the Top 100? Like me? :o

Triss
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Maybe win some games and get on the Top 100? Like me? :o
Now that's an unfair advantage for Top 100 players.

jli
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I love this idea, krazystick does bring up a really good point, so i ask, how will we plan on preventing that?

Sometimes, because of the format of your usernames, I feel like you two are really the same person just fighting with yourself :P

My opinion, you have to buy to get them(Chaos and Elementals), but... there will be sandbox mode for you to have fun with them ^^(No using them to fight other players though). At least that will give them the idea of how fun the other races are.

This actually seems like a good idea. I agree.

FailingAtFailing
02-24-2013, 12:44 PM
They can make multiple accounts from different locations or use proxies.

_Ai_
02-24-2013, 09:28 PM
They can make multiple accounts from different locations or use proxies.

Like Shadowy...