PDA

View Full Version : How to beat this strategy?

jli
02-24-2013, 07:54 PM
My first loss in a while, not really sure where I went wrong. I had an advantage from the beginning, but he massed spears and kept killing my magikill over and over.

Help?

http://pastebin.com/tu2Wn7mj

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Blarg. Tell me what happened? C'Ant watch replays (like I keep complaining).

jli
02-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Okok. It'll probably do me some good to go over it in my head anyway. So it's the Ice World map, so I went with 2 swords 1 miner, and got rage as soon as possible. I sent my swords to the tower and overwhelmed his swords using rage (he had rage too, but used it too late), so I had 3 swords at tower and he had 1 in garrison. From there, I continued with the strategy I normally use, which is to mass archers, swords, and get a magikill or 2. He makes two walls, masses merics and speartons, and gets 1 magikill. I get a magikill to poison all of his speartons, but he rushes it and kills him, then sends them to garrison. While I'm microing my magikill, his magikill electrocutes all my archers :/ Afterwards, I try to get a few giants, which he rushes with speartons and swords + rage. I get a ninja to assasinate his magikill, and that works, but it doesn't seem to halt his attack. I try to mass albatross to recover, but at this point I'm pretty much screwed.

From there, he takes tower with his shitload of speartons and merics (plus a few swords). I surrender.

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Okok. It'll probably do me some good to go over it in my head anyway. So it's the Ice World map, so I went with 2 swords 1 miner, and got rage as soon as possible. I sent my swords to the tower and overwhelmed his swords using rage (he had rage too, but used it too late), so I had 3 swords at tower and he had 1 in garrison. From there, I continued with the strategy I normally use, which is to mass archers, swords, and get a magikill or 2. He makes two walls, masses merics and speartons, and gets 1 magikill. I get a magikill to poison all of his speartons, but he rushes it and kills him, then sends them to garrison. While I'm microing my magikill, his magikill electrocutes all my archers :/ Afterwards, I try to get a few giants, which he rushes with speartons and swords + rage. I get a ninja to assasinate his magikill, and that works, but it doesn't seem to halt his attack. I try to mass albatross to recover, but at this point I'm pretty much screwed.

From there, he takes tower with his shitload of speartons and merics (plus a few swords). I surrender.
Did you scout? So you could maybe know what his army was. Also, IF you knew what he was building, you should adapt your strategy to counter it. An example of a counter: some ninjas with shinobi 2, and mass albows.
also, did you have a ghost? That's a more effective scout than some random sword.

jli
02-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I scouted with the ghost, but the only thing I did to alter my strategy was to make a magikill. I tried to chip away at his walls with my archers, and since I already had so many ranged units, I didn't really see that albatross could help at that time.

So, you suggested a counter of ninjas and albows. How many ninjas would one get? And what auxiliary units would you have?

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I scouted with the ghost, but the only thing I did to alter my strategy was to make a magikill. I tried to chip away at his walls with my archers, and since I already had so many ranged units, I didn't really see that albatross could help at that time.

So, you suggested a counter of ninjas and albows. How many ninjas would one get? And what auxiliary units would you have?
No auxiliary. Enough ninjas to kill magikills and maybe a few Merics (the important thing is killing the magikill). Now, I realize they might decide to spearton rush you. So make sure you have decent defenses and a few swords with rage (basically, suicide archers, keep swords, buy albows and ninjas). While they attack, get your ranged units to attack the enemy statue.

jli
02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
But I like archers :/ You're saying I should just suicide them?
Also, you said enough to kill the magikill and the merics. In that case, I assume the albows take care of the speartons?

Also, what if they were to decide to alter their strategy in response? How would that work? Is it just an endless cycle then?

Sorry, lots of questions that I never get to ask :P

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
But I like archers :/ You're saying I should just suicide them?
Also, you said enough to kill the magikill and the merics. In that case, I assume the albows take care of the speartons?

Also, what if they were to decide to alter their strategy in response? How would that work? Is it just an endless cycle then?

Sorry, lots of questions that I never get to ask :P

I like archidons too, but it's kind of impractical in this situation. If they alter their strategy to say, archidons, well then obviously keep your magikill (although they will most likely kill your magikill anyways). Send your ninjas in and kill magikill and Merics. IF any ninjas survive, pull back and heal, then send them in to assassinate archidons. While they fight archidons, get your albows to attack speartons.
But if they say, mass giants, first they have to suicide some troops to make room. So while they suicide a bunch, they are weak. Attack!

another way is just to hide your albows so they don't know. Send enou ninjas to kill the magikill, then just send in all your troops (including backup swords) and s
Destroy statue.

jli
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Hmm, ok. Would using the magikill against the speartons be a good idea?

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Hmm, ok. Would using the magikill against the speartons be a good idea?

Yes. If he's going to die, at least take some speartons with him. But obviously focus on archidons, wait nvm. If you kill the speartons, archidons will die anyways (from albows).

jli
02-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh ok, so basically I'm suiciding the magikill by making it a target?

DragonFrost
02-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh ok, so basically I'm suiciding the magikill by making it a target?

If you want. Also, when I said hide albows, not in garrison, just back enough so they can't see them before you see them (with other units). But if they attack magikill, get your albows to inflict lots of damage too.

jli
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Hmm. Ok. While you're still here, I have a question about archers. How do you get them to dodge attacks?

stickman311
02-25-2013, 01:38 AM
Yes. If he's going to die, at least take some speartons with him. But obviously focus on archidons, wait nvm. If you kill the speartons, archidons will die anyways (from albows).

waste of mana, don't.train one shadowrath with shinobi 2 to kill those magikills, also, get giants with albowtross or just spam giants with shadowraths

DragonFrost
02-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Hmm. Ok. While you're still here, I have a question about archers. How do you get them to dodge attacks?
you can only dodge both giant attacks (done this before), and a few melee slow attack rate units. For example, a SHADOWRATH (I have done this before), jugger (done this too), idk what else. To dodge these, you need excellent micro. Just move back and up and down, etc.

waste of mana, don't.train one shadowrath with shinobi 2 to kill those magikills, also, get giants with albowtross or just spam giants with shadowraths
I never said 1 ninja. Also, notice that he already had a bunch of swords and archers.

ShadowyWhisper
02-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Spam Giants, put some Spearton in shield wall, Allbowtross, 5 or so Rage swordwrath to kill meric, some Magikill and Merics too. Make sure to use Electric Wall.