PDA

View Full Version : Giant massers are chaos' worst nightmare

WheresMyCheetos
02-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Tittle says it all.

How DAFUQ do we beat em they make walls and get 3 castles archers.
Then a endless stream of giants pop out and is impossible to beat with 3 castle archers. They go build their army while we wait and lose!!!
So can anybody post replays and or strats to help me?

(AND I KNOW THAT 1 OF U MASSERS STOLE MY CHEETOS)

asdfstick
02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
I have a strategy for it and it's a thread here. It works a lot for me.

GokuXx
02-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Tittle says it all.

How DAFUQ do we beat em they make walls and get 3 castles archers.
Then a endless stream of giants pop out and is impossible to beat with 3 castle archers. They go build their army while we wait and lose!!!
So can anybody post replays and or strats to help me?

(AND I KNOW THAT 1 OF U MASSERS STOLE MY CHEETOS)

Yeah it's really HARD to beat a giant spammer.I myself am a really good Chaos user but it's really hard to beat them.

isgood
02-25-2013, 05:01 PM
I don't have chaos, but just do it the order way. Rush rush rush

WheresMyCheetos
02-25-2013, 05:04 PM
h
I don't have chaos, but just do it the order way. Rush rush rush

Much harder with crawlers

isgood
02-25-2013, 05:09 PM
then get juggers!

WheresMyCheetos
02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
What I question is how e got like 5 swords 1 castle archr 1 wall 1 medium giant and like 12 miners in 3-5 minutes

WheresMyCheetos
02-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Ok I guess ill have to find out the hard way XD

jli
02-28-2013, 04:54 PM
What I question is how e got like 5 swords 1 castle archr 1 wall 1 medium giant and like 12 miners in 3-5 minutes

Miners. They're powerful.

Anyway, I don't play chaos, but I can imagine giant massers are quite difficult to deal with, because you don't have a nice, robust opening unit like the swordwrath. I can say though, that these all help:
Marrowkai (reaper)
Medusa (stone face does lots of damage)
Juggerknights (5 juggers = 1 fully grown giant)

asdfstick
02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Anyway, I don't play chaos, but I can imagine giant massers are quiet difficult to deal with

Not for me. I have my ways handling them, plus the giants are nerfed so their should be a lower chance(or no chance) of meeting a giant masser.

GokuXx
02-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Well i have managed to be in the top 100, because i have noticed that you do not let your opponent mass giants. Just get center tower, tower spawn and do Hit and runs with Eclipsors. (You have to be really swift for this to work)

WheresMyCheetos
02-28-2013, 07:15 PM
I meet em every other match or so

GokuXx
02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I meet em every other match or so

Well what Empire do you use? Because if you are order and your opponent is Order well it's pretty even.

WheresMyCheetos
02-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Uh what section is ths posted? Of course I use chaos

uberman
02-28-2013, 10:02 PM

Hi.
If you play a giant masser who gets up these things so quick that you think 'wtf?' then save the replay and see exactly how he did it.

It may well be that your not harassing him enough - this allows him to spam early miners, which is the foundation of a giant masser's plan.

A few points;
You need to be in control of center tower, if not, your outplayed and its only going to end one way. If he's building units to fight for center early game, he's not building loads of miners as he has a limited income.
Early game is key - if he's got up super defences and a city of miners, its only a matter of time till he has a giant army, and uts gonna be hard - but not impossible to defeat that as chaos.
If you have the tower, you need to harass his economy from the start - first with crawlers as soon as possible. You may not kill many miners with a few crawlers, but you are stopping them mine if they are fighting you, and you are trying to force him to build an early castle archer - this is to stop those 300 gold being two more miners. If he doesnt build an early castle archer, and he has a lot of miners, bombs are really useful option. If you have a small group of bombers stationed at the center tower thats a real and present threat to him!
Once he buys castle archer, crawlers are useless to attack miners, unless you are skilled enough to use the tower spawn to tank and you keep your crawlers away from the splash damage - which is possible. Normally you'd tech up to juggers and/or wings with tower spawn. BUT dont forget even when he has castle archer, before you have tower spawn, you should be able to harass his outer gold. A single wing can kill his miners on outer gold from out of range of castle archer.

Well I hope these pointers give you a bit of hope.

Since the giant nerf, I have hardly lost at all to giant spam. Only when he builds some other army first, then switches out for giants later game are giant spammers a serious threat.

It is very very hard to mass giants without miners on both rows of gold.

WheresMyCheetos
03-01-2013, 06:02 AM
LWell we battled abit for middle he got 5 swords vs my 6 crawlers. I quickly made a bomb squad and killed them all
But at his base was 1 wall 1 castle archer and a giant. I did get threplay but I got vs by my friene thn Ihd to go

hobofarmer
03-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Ok, hobo is here to help

1. Always maintain control of the centre

2.Try to harass them earlier on but if they are a good giant masser this will not work

3. This is important: Later on in the game, while they are training their giants, get a ton of medusa. Sacrifice miners and population room and get a couple of meat shields such as giants or jugs. However make sure you still have control of the centre. When you have about 9 medusa, attack. Use your jugs and giants as a distraction while u use your medusa to disable their walls and petrify their statue. This was how i defeated 2 giant massers. You would be surprised to see how much damage medusa can inflict to the statue :P

4. Where have you been Cheetos? u hardly go online anymore.

ShadowyWhisper
03-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Are you new? Yes, I believe I saw you on Top 100 list. Welcome!

GokuXx
03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Miners. They're powerful.

Anyway, I don't play chaos, but I can imagine giant massers are quite difficult to deal with, because you don't have a nice, robust opening unit like the swordwrath. I can say though, that these all help:
Marrowkai (reaper)
Medusa (stone face does lots of damage)
Juggerknights (5 juggers = 1 fully grown giant)

They are really difficult to deal with. And your strategy is good against them but they will have like 6 giants followed my Merics.

Juice Box
03-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Man, what if Chaos massed Giants...

DragonFrost
03-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Then they lose.

WheresMyCheetos
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Ok, hobo is here to help

1. Always maintain control of the centre

2.Try to harass them earlier on but if they are a good giant masser this will not work

3. This is important: Later on in the game, while they are training their giants, get a ton of medusa. Sacrifice miners and population room and get a couple of meat shields such as giants or jugs. However make sure you still have control of the centre. When you have about 9 medusa, attack. Use your jugs and giants as a distraction while u use your medusa to disable their walls and petrify their statue. This was how i defeated 2 giant massers. You would be surprised to see how much damage medusa can inflict to the statue :P

4. Where have you been Cheetos? u hardly go online anymore.

I got chaos, made a new account, dont go on my order that much.
oh and I assume you got chaos as well

FoundMyCheetos 191, add me

and if chaos massed giant spearton spammers would meet their doom
@shadowy he is not new. He were friends for a long time but I finally surpassed him with my order account.
Went on my chaos account and boom now he has 2000 elo

ShadowyWhisper
03-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Okay.

GokuXx
03-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Then they lose.

Yeah if you are Chaos and mass giants you will lose.

stickman311
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi.
If you play a giant masser who gets up these things so quick that you think 'wtf?' then save the replay and see exactly how he did it.

It may well be that your not harassing him enough - this allows him to spam early miners, which is the foundation of a giant masser's plan.

A few points;
You need to be in control of center tower, if not, your outplayed and its only going to end one way. If he's building units to fight for center early game, he's not building loads of miners as he has a limited income.
Early game is key - if he's got up super defences and a city of miners, its only a matter of time till he has a giant army, and uts gonna be hard - but not impossible to defeat that as chaos.
If you have the tower, you need to harass his economy from the start - first with crawlers as soon as possible. You may not kill many miners with a few crawlers, but you are stopping them mine if they are fighting you, and you are trying to force him to build an early castle archer - this is to stop those 300 gold being two more miners. If he doesnt build an early castle archer, and he has a lot of miners, bombs are really useful option. If you have a small group of bombers stationed at the center tower thats a real and present threat to him!
Once he buys castle archer, crawlers are useless to attack miners, unless you are skilled enough to use the tower spawn to tank and you keep your crawlers away from the splash damage - which is possible. Normally you'd tech up to juggers and/or wings with tower spawn. BUT dont forget even when he has castle archer, before you have tower spawn, you should be able to harass his outer gold. A single wing can kill his miners on outer gold from out of range of castle archer.

Well I hope these pointers give you a bit of hope.

Since the giant nerf, I have hardly lost at all to giant spam. Only when he builds some other army first, then switches out for giants later game are giant spammers a serious threat.

It is very very hard to mass giants without miners on both rows of gold.

ok, so what if he starts with 2 swords and just try to stalk you and then when you attack him you'll see barriers and castle archers?

fram
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
i would get alot of juggers some eclipsores and maybe a choas giant dont 4get miners can help in battle as cannon fodder

hope this will help

fram :-)

GokuXx
03-15-2013, 06:27 PM
i would get alot of juggers some eclipsores and maybe a choas giant dont 4get miners can help in battle as cannon fodder

hope this will help

It might help but try to define ''a lot of juggers'' like how many of them.

stickman311
03-16-2013, 12:28 AM

hope this will help

I don't think you would get them by the 4:30 mark cuz I would have two giants by that time

GokuXx
03-16-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't think you would get them by the 4:30 mark cuz I would have two giants by that time

Order users always spamm miners to get giants and then achieve a win. That's all they know how to do.

DragonFrost
03-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Try saying that to the pros.

jli
03-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Order users always spamm miners to get giants and then achieve a win. That's all they know how to do.

You sure about that? I haven't used a giant in a long time...

blu3blitz
03-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Thats stereotypical to us orders but yeah I haven't met a giant masser I couldn't beat

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Really? Don't forget about me.

WheresMyCheetos
04-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Hobo did you add me?

Tombist
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah it's really HARD to beat a giant spammer.I myself am a really good Chaos user but it's really hard to beat them.

no its not XD
strat 1:
>make about 14 speartons or more
>run straight in and attack the tower.
(giants are movable chars.)

same with a shit ton of swordwraths and rage.

WheresMyCheetos
04-02-2013, 07:15 PM
As chaos dummy

asdfstick
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
no its not XD
strat 1:
>make about 14 speartons or more
>run straight in and attack the tower.
(giants are movable chars.)

same with a shit ton of swordwraths and rage.

1. He meant for Chaos users
2. Spearton Rush is noobish.

Tombist
04-02-2013, 07:22 PM
either way same principle. you can just use a bunch of fucking death knights. either way something tanky. make about 14/15 of em and run in and attack their altar. once again (giants leave a shit ton of gaps for characters to pass through)

WheresMyCheetos
04-02-2013, 07:24 PM
When they have 3 castle archr 2 walls its not easy. Also he would have around 5 giants they would kill at least 2 and leave a couple injured.

asdfstick
04-02-2013, 07:27 PM
@Tomb
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUx8-JOUz1vdlp-pS-eqJXJ3ekV8B1RUpnhfiMaibhCIug7WOaxg
Noobish strategies, such as spear/jugg rushing and giant mass, are noobish. These strategies ruin the game for people. I'm pretty sure the game is only for fun, not winning.
Players can't have fun when people do noobish things. Noobish ways just really piss me off :/. Then, I rage like a swordwrath.

jli
04-02-2013, 07:34 PM
@Tomb
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUx8-JOUz1vdlp-pS-eqJXJ3ekV8B1RUpnhfiMaibhCIug7WOaxg
Noobish strategies, such as spear/jugg rushing and giant mass, are noobish. These strategies ruin the game for people. I'm pretty sure the game is only for fun, not winning.
Players can't have fun when people do noobish things. Noobish ways just really piss me off :/. Then, I rage like a swordwrath.

I rage like a swordwrath too. With swordwrath. TONS of them.

YJang
04-27-2013, 02:04 PM
hmm... I am order, but order giant can be powerful to chaos i can imagine :D
I think poison+juggerknight would beat them. You will also need to make them not to spawn giants with some juggerknights to break walls and bombers to kill miners.

WheresMyCheetos
04-28-2013, 09:34 AM
All true but we don't get magikill so we can poison everyone. Deads only hit infront guys. Once they bust out 2 castle archers and like 4 speartons and 2 magikill they start spamming giants.

Invincitron
04-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi reader,

Has anyone ever thought of spamming Medusas!?

.:Invincitron:.

Usman
05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Spamming Medusas, lol good question but i dont think that will help.
Lets Think About It,
We may get some idea :)

WheresMyCheetos
05-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Well giant massing is now the bane of my life. Any suggestions would help because im so close to quitng this game for good

Invincitron
05-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi reader,

Stupid Giant Massers... what are you having trouble of penetrating? Or as WyzDM says beat his ECO! Feel free to get Giants yourself. Medusas are useful. Jugger Knights tank. Eclipsors are almost useless if he has Shield Wall Speartons.

.:Invincitron:.

TheKraken427
05-15-2013, 01:11 AM
(sorry bad english) I usually go for dead packs and tower spawner, then the tank skills of dead and poison can take out giants if you take the right advantage by chaos natural cure, in case of merics (so always :P) it's to hard to hit them with deads because giants stop the guts, so i suggest you to eliminate giants with massive damages and then mind merics OR you can make an army composed by deads and some jugger for stop boulders and kill merics, for break the over-defensive strategy (2 walls+3archers) you can always rush with deads while there's your phantom and then retreat to the centre tower when he's close to die OR (if you have the mixed army) you can rush whenever you want and recover ArmorPoints retreating: in attack phase, as jugger are faster than deads, they'll take archers damages, when you retreat, as deads are slower, they'll take the damages instead of jugger. the key of the strategy is the tanky skills of deads. hope to be useful for a clancompanion :) bye

Jorsal64
05-17-2013, 01:08 AM
MAGIKILL!!!! ONLY HE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP!!! Seek the electric wall and poison ability. Chaos isn't good vs. giant massers. But I can tell you one thing if ur chaos, NEVER LET THEM GIANT RUSH!!! ATTACK EARLY b4 THE FIRST GIANT IS MADE!!!!

Jorsal64
05-17-2013, 01:11 AM
And oh yeah, always have juggernights and eclipsors when attacking early. When you see a giant, use jugger charge ability to get economy. Even though I am just an intermediate in SE I can always give advice!

Ticondrius
10-19-2013, 02:29 PM
I think it's the good battle.
I'm new in this game, but for me the strategy is to spam Dead with 2-3 Jugger. YOU musn't wait him to do is giants, you must attack quickly to disturb his miners

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay3055512&version=1.78
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay3058911&version=1.78

PUMU
10-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Well you could also simply que crawlers claim tower. If opponent is a good player they should attempt to keep you off of tower. Buy crawlers to outnumber his swords on long maps.
If opponent simply buys CA then que 5 bombers if you like. Attempt to harass when you have 3-4 crawlers early making sure to kite his swords. When you've successfully forced the CA. You should be ahead in Eco with tower and miners. Tech to eclipsor. Que two bombers. Buying juggers first will gain you a bit of time but he could do damage and reclaim tower should he defend well which is bad mid game.
If you can do this before hand attempt to get tower spawn.
If opponent tries to go spears and runs for tower que some crawlers.
You'll be surprised what they can do when kited.
When you have 6 miners on gold 2 on mana. You should be able to put out a steady stream of wings and juggers. I would stick to crawlers though since they que faster and can catch most low tier units if bombers don't kill them. And crawlers can do some damage to a retreating giant should they manage to get one out.

fhtrg
10-19-2013, 08:28 PM
For giant massing, I get marrowkai equal to his giants, at least 7 juggernights, 1 giant, and if I can, 1 medusa for poison, rest juggernights and 2 extra marrowkai. Marrowkai stun giants, and use skeleton fists for extreme damage. Giant tank and stun medics, juggernights tank and attack. Medusa poisons for long term damage ans also stone face if any magikill.

PUMU
10-20-2013, 12:17 AM
But most of the time as chaos you should learn to apply pressure so that a giant wont even be a factor in the game

AlbowMaster81
02-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Chaos giants can be useful aganist non-giant massers. Like get Tower Spawn 2 and let 2 ghost giants weaken them, then when the 3rd one spawn's attack.
Back on topic: Though i have never seen a Giant mass, Must suck so bad, would likely make 80 swordwraths rage :3

PUMU
02-21-2014, 10:40 AM
a tech into a giant mass is the most successful I've ever done.
applying pressure with archers and spears then going into merics followed by giants and magikill.
only if completely necessary though.
if the opponent does it. albows and giant mix. i usually tend to have just one less giant when facing giant massers.
a magikill should be bought earlier if giants are seen alone. meric massing also seems to counteract most damage from the giants until they get into their mass status.
then get tower spawn 2. if the opponent has successfully built his army