PDA

View Full Version : Animation reset

WyzDM
02-25-2013, 06:02 PM
I find this is different between units, but affects them all in one way or another. You send a command, but it doesn't happen right away. The unit may "idle" before it kicks in.

This is different from the "standing still instead of attacking" thing in the sense that it's after using a resource mostly. An example is the meric and healing/curing. If you hit charge, defend, or retreat with all units, the meric will heal/cure while moving. He stops as he's doing this, which is sometimes frustrating, but it's nifty for getting poisoned cured. However, if you MOVE the meric, it will not heal/cure while moving to that location. So while I'm bringing it to a poisoned unit, it must wait until it's at a dead stop before curing.

Next is rage. I notice this happens more with poor connections, but if all my swordwrath rage at once, there's a slight pause where they stand still if they're in the middle of an existing swing or attack, before striking or chasing the opponent.

If these events happened more fluidly, it would be wonderful. That's all.

Tecness2
02-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Bump.

brockemon
02-26-2013, 02:35 PM
The swordwrath pause was because the unit had to wait the remainder of the time of its previous swing. This previous swing was the slower non raged swing so this appears as a pause.

The meric is a more difficult issue. As it is now, the meric will heal when in attack move commands or in a stand/hold command. It will not heal in a move command. I may experiment with some alternatives if this turns out to be an issue.

-Brock

WyzDM
02-26-2013, 06:52 PM
The swordwrath pause was because the unit had to wait the remainder of the time of its previous swing. This previous swing was the slower non raged swing so this appears as a pause.

The meric is a more difficult issue. As it is now, the meric will heal when in attack move commands or in a stand/hold command. It will not heal in a move command. I may experiment with some alternatives if this turns out to be an issue.

-Brock

This explains the swordwrath situation a lot more. When I have a group selected, it means they ALL wait until the last unit is finished with its previous swing. That is why its so much more of a pause.

Merics would be a more resourceful unit if they could heal during a move animation, but without halting seen with the attack/defend commands. They're the Order empire's only hope at dealing with chaos poison units, so this would make them far more powerful and perhaps be more of a target from the Chaos player.

Thanks for checking this out.

Invincitron
02-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi reader,

When the Meric is attacking why don't you turn off their heal and cure until you reach the battle field?

.:Invincitron:.

Usman
02-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Hi reader,

When the Meric is attacking why don't you turn off their heal and cure until you reach the battle field?

.:Invincitron:.
Ur right but that really dosent help to me and he is not talking about meric or its late walk or anything he's talking about the command, U UNDERSTAND? that if u move any unit it moves after 1 or 2 secs 2 if lagging so thats y its not about meric and for me if in grass hills meric comes out and my units at enemy base and she heals from so far and it does increases so far but works so it comes late but its good bcz she like noobs gets in the battle field like a brave spearton.lolz
Edit: he means WyzDM

MiamiBigAL
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM

-Brock

So...are you going to fix this? I reckon you need to separate the movement and attacking animations so that doing one is not limited by the other. Issuing more commands should NOT result in slower attacks, which it currently does, as the result means the more skilled someone is at micro, the worse they do in battle.