PDA

View Full Version : some helpful answers needed

blu3blitz
02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
ok so im new to this forum, and ive been wondering some questions in SE for a long time , i figured that nows a good time to ask,

1. how many miners does it take to kill a spearton without any deaths? (removing the almost dead ones of course)
2.how many seconds does it take for a miner to give you 75 gold?
3.if 4 speartons can kill one fully upgraded giant, can 8 speartons take on 2?
4. i know that poison does damage overtime, but does it do any damage upon contact?
5.whats the best starting setup for desert and/or swamp?

uberman
02-28-2013, 04:07 AM
ok so im new to this forum, and ive been wondering some questions in SE for a long time , i figured that nows a good time to ask,

1. how many miners does it take to kill a spearton without any deaths? (removing the almost dead ones of course)

I doubt if it can be done without any deaths. If he puts his spearton near to your gold, which ever miner he his hitting will die before it can enter the castle. Even if you have shed-loads of miners on gold and mana, most wont be close enough to kill the spearton before he kills at least 1 miner.

Thats unless you pull all your miners off mining before he reaches you, into a tight clump, in which case he's just gonna keep his spearton running in and out, as all your miners are not mining, he doesnt really need to fight your miner-mega-mass

2.how many seconds does it take for a miner to give you 75 gold?

Dunno exactly.
Test it and post the results.

3.if 4 speartons can kill one fully upgraded giant, can 8 speartons take on 2?

If 4 can kill 1, then 8 can kill 2 more easily.
Because;
4 vs 2 you have 1 in stun lock and 3 doing damage to a giant, but 8 vs 2 if the giants are hitting and stunning different targets you have 2 in stunlock but then there are 6 left hitting against one giant - it will die faster to 6 than 3.
Worse case, just put 4 on each giant, which since you say 4 kills 1 - then 8 kills 2, as its just 4 killing 1, but two sets doing it at the same time.

4. i know that poison does damage overtime, but does it do any damage upon contact?

I dont think so.

5.whats the best starting setup for desert and/or swamp?

2 miners 2 crawlers for chaos.
1 miner 2 swords seems to be 'the pro start' for order. Prefer 2 miners and a sword myself, start the second sword with the first gold return - but I suck at order.

jli
02-28-2013, 07:04 AM
1 miner 2 swords seems to be 'the pro start' for order. Prefer 2 miners and a sword myself, start the second sword with the first gold return - but I suck at order.

1 sword 1 archer isn't bad either for swamp, and 1 archer 1 miner is acceptable for desert. Make sure to get a sword though before attacking in that case.

As for miner's mining rate: Each mining action (swing of the pickaxe) collects 15 gold and takes about 3 seconds to complete. Not counting time to get to the castle and back, it takes about 15 seconds to get 75 gold.

FailingAtFailing
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
For start, I always use Archer and Sword on everything except grass hills, where I do an archer and a miner.

jli
02-28-2013, 08:27 PM
For start, I always use Archer and Sword on everything except grass hills, where I do an archer and a miner.

What happens if they mass swords with rage?

Bladed Fire
03-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Castle Archer... and walls

Azxc
03-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Magikill and albowtross XD!!!!

Triss
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
What happens if they mass swords with rage?
Magikills pwned swords.

jli
03-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm just talking about the opening though, when you don't have enough mana for either of those. They overwhelm your archer on medium maps.

blu3blitz
03-01-2013, 10:02 AM

don't you think 3 miners would be a better setup? also i could just get a spear ton and kick the archers ass

_Ai_
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Not really, but I use that setup. Only doesnt use it in Castle, where its just too short.

jli
03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
don't you think 3 miners would be a better setup? also i could just get a spear ton and kick the archers ass

Usually on grass hills I mass swords with rage + magikill support.

blu3blitz
03-01-2013, 12:41 PM
huh, i see, smart using the magikill to counter allows and sword wrath for pure destruction, i may have to look into that :P

THEFORCE
03-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Well..Uhm, I can't answer all your questions for sure, but I can help with start:

Short Maps: 1 sword, 1 archer.

Medium Maps: 1 sword, 2 miners.

Long Maps: 3 miners.

blu3blitz
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Well..Uhm, I can't answer all your questions for sure, but I can help with start:

lol thats the exact system i use

KrayZStick
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Castle and Halloween, I use archer and swordwraith combo.
Medium Maps, I use mass swords at start with rage (and good micro to avoid deaths), and then spam some albas after.
Grass Lands, I spam miners and mass Albas.

Oh, didn't see this until after I posted, yea that's the exact format that I use.

blu3blitz
03-02-2013, 12:02 AM
hey my friend vectoroid told me about you, how r u kraZystick? (off topic)

KrayZStick
03-02-2013, 09:41 AM
hey my friend vectoroid told me about you, how r u kraZystick? (off topic)
Not sure why you only capitalized the Z, but I'm good.

LeafShadow
04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
You know Vectoroid? He's like my mentor.

THEFORCE
04-24-2013, 03:34 AM
You know Vectoroid? He's like my mentor.

Isn't Vectoroid Invincitron??