PDA

View Full Version : How to Open on Small Maps?

ImperialSwag
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I played two games on small maps and lost both because my opening was terrible.
Any ideas?

Thx

jli
03-04-2013, 04:30 PM
...http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?52981-List-of-Openings

FailingAtFailing
03-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Archer and Sword, Archer slightly in front to take first arrow if they do the same. This means your sword beats their sword and you get one arrow in to even it up or do more damage as they retreat.

Anything else and you can kill it and go straight for economy. If they go miner city, destroy it ASAP, it means they are going for some kind of annoying spam.

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Archer and Sword, Archer slightly in front to take first arrow if they do the same. This means your sword beats their sword and you get one arrow in to even it up or do more damage as they retreat.

Anything else and you can kill it and go straight for economy. If they go miner city, destroy it ASAP, it means they are going for some kind of annoying spam.
That's similar to what I did. I just run my archer in circles to shoot their archidon.

ShadowyWhisper
03-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Sorry, the new patch 1.54 does not allow Archidon to cancel animation.

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry, the new patch 1.54 does not allow Archidon to cancel animation.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (I thought CJ mentioned they would never take animation cancel out...)

jli
03-04-2013, 08:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (I thought CJ mentioned they would never take animation cancel out...)

OKOKOKOK SLOW DOWN
What is animation cancel, and how is it used?

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 08:27 PM
OKOKOKOK SLOW DOWN
What is animation cancel, and how is it used?

For archidons, ONE WORD: kiting.

jli
03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
For archidons, ONE WORD: kiting.

That's not animation cancel. The archidons reload while running. It's part of the AGI code, i'd assume.

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 08:29 PM
That's not animation cancel. The archidons reload while running. It's part of the AGI code, i'd assume.

So they can still kite? YAY! So what does animation cancel mean?

jli
03-04-2013, 08:34 PM
So they can still kite? YAY! So what does animation cancel mean?

I *think* it's where the animation stops mid-attack and allows you to attack again, faster than your actual AGI.

They patched it for giants before, because people were doing this:
1. Giant throws rock
2. Move giant somewhere, the rest of rock throw animation is cancelled and the giant starts to head towards the spot it was told to go towards
3. Press "s" for Stand Command. Giant throws another rock faster than it's supposed to be able to
4. Repeat

Now, I don't know shit about flash animation/programming, so I might be way off, but I never figured out why a simple AGI counter + timer couldn't solve this issue.

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I *think* it's where the animation stops mid-attack and allows you to attack again, faster than your actual AGI.

They patched it for giants before, because people were doing this:
1. Giant throws rock
2. Move giant somewhere, the rest of rock throw animation is cancelled and the giant starts to head towards the spot it was told to go towards
3. Press "s" for Stand Command. Giant throws another rock faster than it's supposed to be able to
4. Repeat

Now, I don't know shit about flash animation/programming, so I might be way off, but I never figured out why a simple AGI counter + timer couldn't solve this issue.
Sounds logical.
What's agi?

jli
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Sounds logical.
What's agi?

Agility. Usually it's amount of frames between attacks. Kind of weird, because then "high agility" = slow attack rate.

blu3blitz
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
dammit jili, your always on :/

jli
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4j3txuMpy1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

DragonFrost
03-04-2013, 09:04 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4j3txuMpy1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

I didnt know you were god! Can you destroy Earth (you did create it, right?)? Because the humans that you made overan earth and are destroying the planet. So restart, but with NO HUMANS.
Sorry Tec for being offtopic. But jli started it.

jli
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I didnt know you were god! Can you destroy Earth (you did create it, right?)? Because the humans that you made overan earth and are destroying the planet. So restart, but with NO HUMANS.
Sorry Tec for being offtopic. But jli started it.

Ahem. blu3blitz started it. But anyway, back on topic. Small maps, go on the offensive. Mass swords and rage. And an archer if you want.

_Ai_
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Relax, Tecs a good guy, and this much wont do anything...right?

Usman
03-05-2013, 03:01 AM
just start with one archer and sword specially on castle and swamplands it will work.

DragonFrost
03-05-2013, 06:54 AM
just start with one archer and sword specially on castle and swamplands it will work.

Not if you played me. Just because you start the same as the other guy doesn't mean you'll tie. Whoever has superior micro WILL win, regardless of start.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 01:42 PM
It means, remember the old Giant Massers? They would press Defend, then Attack, so they could throw rocks but not get hit.