PDA

View Full Version : spearton dominance

blu3blitz
03-05-2013, 04:22 PM
post all your spearton related strategies on here, anyways aren't spear tons amazing? there the bests generic unit, high in armour, good in attack, smallish in population, and the look good, not to mention that they have the most buyable things in the armoury, and they can be used by both noobs and pros (due to not being able to micro them) and they (in my opinion) work great with merics (for harassing that is) and castle archer doesn't even scratch them, mind you this is not a thread complaining about how overpowered the spear tons are, its simply stating how amazing they are, if anything is OP its probs crawlers, because their extremely cheap and good for scouting, NERF THEM. anyway i said it b4 ill say it again, post you thoughts, opinions, strategies and yeah. zenith ftw

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Can people stop making random threads!

asdfstick
03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Nerf Crawlers? They're weak in heath and damage. The only good thing about them is speed and numbers, but at the beginning of the game, they're useless since no upgrades.
Speartons are pretty good. Good tank units. That's all I got.

jli
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
...ok, so i'm going to rip apart your post, if you don't mind. I did this to Shadowy once too.

anyways aren't spear tons amazing?
Hardly. They used to be, in Stick War 1.

there the bests generic unit
Not really.... each unit is specialized and has a specific purpose in Order. There is no "one unit to rule them all".

high in armour
That's because it's a tank unit.

good in attack
Swords with rage, fiery albowtrosses, magikill... all these do more damage.

smallish in population
Swords are the best in population.

and the look good, not to mention that they have the most buyable things in the armoury
This... doesn't help your point.

and they can be used by both noobs and pros (due to not being able to micro them)
Not so. You have to cycle them out, and using them effectively as tanks is a skill that must be learned.

and they (in my opinion) work great with merics (for harassing that is)
I'll reluctantly agree a little on this one.

and castle archer doesn't even scratch them
Because they're tank units... and the castle archer is meant to destroy infantry...

mind you this is not a thread complaining about how overpowered the spear tons are, its simply stating how amazing they are, if anything is OP its probs crawlers, because their extremely cheap and good for scouting, NERF THEM. anyway i said it b4 ill say it again, post you thoughts, opinions, strategies and yeah. zenith ftw

o.O NERF crawlers?

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 05:59 PM
When did you rip apart my post, eat it, spit it out, let it run through your system, come out, mix in a blender, thrown into the trash can, taken out of the trash can, shredded to pieces, soaked in the rain, and burn it?

lntrepid
03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
When did you rip apart my post, eat it, spit it out, let it run through your system,LET IT* come out, mix IT* in a blender, THROW IT* into the trash can, TAKE IT* out of the trash can, shred IT* to pieces, soak IT* in the rain, and burn it?

Use a darn proofreader.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah, sorry for the bad grammar. I was reading Tesla's notes, I kind of used his way of writing.

jli
03-05-2013, 07:49 PM
When did you rip apart my post, eat it, spit it out, let it run through your system, come out, mix in a blender, thrown into the trash can, taken out of the trash can, shredded to pieces, soaked in the rain, and burn it?
I don't quite remember. It was a while ago, and Tec deleted it because he said it was a "redundant thread". Which it probably was. Although it it were up to personal preference, I'd never mix my feces in a blender.

Use a darn proofreader.

Pwned.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 07:50 PM
That was the Giant Army one, right? I remember WyzDM did that...

jli
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Might have been. It was a old one. Anyway, this thread is kind of a spearton worship thread, and I hate spearton worshippers with a burning passion, so hence why I ripped apart the OP's post.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
your
spearton
related
strategiesopinions, strategies and yeah. zenith ftw

Yeah, so this should be deleted too.

jli
03-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Well, until this thread is deleted, let's talk about spearton micro!

I like to chain shield bash things.
http://pastebin.com/idegJsBd

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I haven't used Spearton since 1.43 Patch. Well, except Ghost.

jli
03-05-2013, 08:04 PM
I haven't used Spearton since 1.43 Patch. Well, except Ghost.

Hm. Your opponents aren't using enough magikill/albowtross. But either way, you really only need 1 or 2 speartons to tank damage while your swordwrath obliterate things. Unless, like a said, the other guy has a magi.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Naw, SwordWrath are enough.

jli
03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Naw, SwordWrath are enough.

Oh, you haven't been facing many wall + magi users, have you?
Those are some tough turtlers... Until you get yourself a ninja.

ShadowyWhisper
03-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I put Archidon behind Ghost to destroy the wall. As for Magikill, I don't give my opponent enough time to build one.

blu3blitz
03-07-2013, 11:26 PM
dont use speartons??? what an outrage, they are my basic units :/

FailingAtFailing
03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Hardly. They used to be, in Stick War 1.

Wait what? Are you serious? I won the entirety of the first stick wars with fully upgraded swords and archers. That was on every difficulty except the highest one, which I think is Insanity....

Although in Stick Empires Speartons are only good if they have castle archers, bombers, or poison or you need a unit quick, since swords are still better in almost every way, speartons just have a SLIGHT speed advantage.

But a spearton strategy? Ummmmm Spearton Rush? Speartons backed by albows?

jli
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Wait what? Are you serious? I won the entirety of the first stick wars with fully upgraded swords and archers. That was on every difficulty except the highest one, which I think is Insanity....

Although in Stick Empires Speartons are only good if they have castle archers, bombers, or poison or you need a unit quick, since swords are still better in almost every way, speartons just have a SLIGHT speed advantage.

But a spearton strategy? Ummmmm Spearton Rush? Speartons backed by albows?

Well, in Stick War I, a fully upgraded spearton did the same amount of damage as a fully upgraded sword, and was twice as fast in attacking speed. They also had the ability to headshot swords, had a ton of health, and had about a 70% successful block rate. So yeah, they were pretty OP.

FailingAtFailing
03-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Well, in Stick War I, a fully upgraded spearton did the same amount of damage as a fully upgraded sword, and was twice as fast in attacking speed. They also had the ability to headshot swords, had a ton of health, and had about a 70% successful block rate. So yeah, they were pretty OP.

Sword Rush was hyper effective. If you controlled one you could own alot of things. Swords were also cheaper and you can get a fully upgraded sword faster than a fully upgraded Spearton.

isgood
03-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Pretty much everything in stick war fully upgraded made that single unit OP. But the spearton had the most upgrades

blu3blitz
03-10-2013, 10:50 PM
well if you fully upgraded or even partially upgraded a spearton, it stood as the most dominant unit (in my opinion)