PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: The New Moderators, and a farewell to a friend.

Jeff
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Hello again Stickpage, I'm sure many of you have been waiting for this moment and thought that it might never arrive. With input from the other mods, I have finally come to a decision about who the new team of sectional mods are. It seriously wasn't easy. I had more than 40 applications come in from all sorts, and while not everyone can be a moderator, I really want to emphasize that many of you are more than qualified and it was a pleasure reading your passionate applications. It's always good to know that so many people care about this site. Before I get to the results, I'd like to take this time to say goodbye to a friend and fellow moderator, Zed, who has decided it's time to put away the banhammer and step down from being a core-team mod. Zed has been a significant and important part of this site since even before Stone and I came into the picture. Zed was one of our first choices when we were setting up the new staff, and ever since then he's been an integral part of our team, probably helping more than any other mod, which isn't an easy feat because our mods kick ass. For helping make the merge a smoother transition than it might have been, Zed deserves all the respect in the world. Please drop by his farewell thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?53102-Zed-out) and wish him well on his endeavors. There will always be a spot here for Zed, and hopefully one day in the future he will return.

The Results

Picking such a small amount of users out of so many applications was not easy. All of these moderators stood out in one way or another, and seem best for the job. We will be introducing these members as sectional mods on trial grounds, and if any do not work out then I will pick from a backup list for someone who may be more suitable. For now please welcome the new mods and treat them with the same respect you have for the current staff.

The Creative Consultant

Sections Covered:

Introduction Section
General Help
Resources

New Mods:

Camila
Tsang

Artistically Inclined

Sections Covered:

Entire Showoff Section

New Mods:

Xero
Luzoto

* Note: This section in particular was surprisingly hard to decide. I may end up going with 3 moderators due to it's size if Zero and Luzoto cannot cover what I would like them to.

Mr. How-To

Sections Covered:

All Tutorials

New Mods:

Hidro

The Mediator

Sections Covered:

All of RHG, Clans and Battles

New Mods:

Rosie
CaM

Jack of All Trades

Sections Covered:

All of the Off Topic sections

New Mods:

Shaq-of-All-Trades

Welcome to all the new mods, and thanks again to everyone who applied. Please note that I am keeping all of your applications on file in case we do need to switch up mods, or if in the future one of the chosen mods quits. Now with a stronger team, I hope to see some serious improvements in the forums!

Julermud
03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Congratz to y'all!

It is well deserved!

And goodbye good ol' Zed

Nanite
03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Which of these are the mods whose names are colored pinkish? (Like Hewitt for example)

ZABI
03-06-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm sure the new mods will do just fine

The Almighty Zed has left us for awhile. A new King shall reign? Let us see what happens

Jeff
03-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Which of these are the mods whose names are colored pinkish? (Like Hewitt for example)

None of them, they're sectional mods.

Apex-Predator
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Well all I can really say is congratulations to the new mods and good luck.

Triss
03-06-2013, 09:22 AM
None of them, they're sectional mods.
So they're green right?
What's the difference between green and purple?

Jeff
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM
So they're green right?

Green mods are limited only to the sections they've been assigned, pink mods have power everywhere and can ban people.

Apex-Predator
03-06-2013, 09:24 AM
So they're green right?

green colour means they are confined to the environment they applied for.
purple means they can do whatever the fuck they want (not the use famous words of Zed).

Sweeto
03-06-2013, 09:27 AM
green colour means they are confined to the environment they applied for.
purple means they can do whatever the fuck they want (not the use famous words of Zed).
Actually, they can do everything except change the site aspect am I right?

Apex-Predator
03-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Actually, they can do everything except change the site aspect am I right?

Yes you are right, only the founder can do that

Sweeto
03-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Oh and also congrulations to the new mods!

Imada
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
He served his time and he was a good mod. Bye Zed and Hello Tsang

Camila
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Congratulations to all the new mods!

And show respect for The Lord and Master. Zed.

We will always miss you <3.

Rosie
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Congrats to all the sectional mods! (<- I'm probably only saying this either because everyone else is or I can congradulate myself.)

Xero
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Congrats to the rest of the new team.

I'll settle in a bit before commencing.

BULLETHEAD
03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Dayum ;_;... Congratulations everyone. Goodbye Zed. All these years man, I'll miss seeing an old friend around <3.

Quik
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Honestly I think Leokill was more suitable for artistically inclined than the other two guys...

Tsang
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Dayum ;_;... Congratulations everyone. Goodbye Zed. All these years man, I'll miss seeing an old friend around <3.
You did good. :)

Also congrats to the rest of the other staff and myself for making the team!

Xero
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
@Quik There was the option of a 3rd show off moderator if it became abundantly clear that more help is needed.
If this is the case, I do recommended leokill or Erinbutt for that position.

Jeff
03-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm not going to get into detail about why I picked who I did, but that section was particularly difficult because there were like 5 people who made really really good cases. There are specific reasons why I chose who I did, and it's likely I will be adding a third, but I'm not saying who until it actually happens.

EDIT: Also I had a lot to factor in. A user's history with the site is important, as well as previous infractions and their attitude and the like. There's a reason why it took so long and also why I don't leave the decision up to whether or not they're good at the section they're going to mod.

Apex-Predator
03-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm not going to get into detail about why I picked who I did, but that section was particularly difficult because there were like 5 people who made really really good cases. There are specific reasons why I chose who I did, and it's likely I will be adding a third, but I'm not saying who until it actually happens.

EDIT: Also I had a lot to factor in. A user's history with the site is important, as well as previous infractions and their attitude and the like. There's a reason why it took so long and also why I don't leave the decision up to whether or not they're good at the section they're going to mod.

I could have sworn someone told me that the infractions weren't going to be a factor in the decision making

Imada
03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I think its because if your applying to be a mod, it wouldn't be good to have a long record of infractions.

Im never becoming a mod. (Banned twice)

Apex-Predator
03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I think its because if your applying to be a mod, it wouldn't be good to have a long record of infractions.

Im never becoming a mod. (Banned twice)

oh okay, but i hope no one is sad enough to leave because they weren't chosen

Azure
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Thanks for making me a mod, and congrats to everyone else. Zed, your great arguments and overall badassery will be a beacon of light that will hopefully shine well on this new generation.

Imada
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Good luck Hidro. I love the new Generation

Gecko
03-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh, nice! I like this team of moderators. Especially, Rosie and CaM in the RHG section. It's an interesting duo - seems like it'll do good.

Mikematic
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Can't say I really like these choices, but I'm in no position to argue. So good luck to all of you I guess.

Tsang
03-06-2013, 02:51 PM
I could have sworn someone told me that the infractions weren't going to be a factor in the decision making
I'm pretty sure no one ever said infractions won't be a factor in the final cut. What was said was that if you've received an infraction before, it doesn't mean you have no chance in becoming a moderator.

What I'm stating is that just because you have an infraction on your record doesn't mean you'll never become a mod. However, if you have a history of receiving infraction after infraction, it probably lowers your chances of becoming one.

Gunnii
03-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Congratulations all of you. I hope that you will be successful in your quest to keep this forum nice and tidy. You have a huge gap to fill in with Zed's departure, I hope, for the sake of all of us, you are up for the task.

flamr
03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
oh okay, but i hope no one is sad enough to leave because they weren't chosen

I think the only reason infractions would come into account is because to be a mod you need to have a good understanding of the rules. You don't really understand if you keep on breaking them, lol.

Praetorain
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Rosie and Camilla are the new moderators?This better be good...

Rosie
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Rosie and Camilla are the new moderators?This better be good...

Me and Camila aren't the only two who were selected.
And of course it will, silly.

Cruel
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Congratulations guys.

And shaq, you better make more raps. I don't give a shit how busy you are with being a mod. WRITE ME SUMTHIN PEEERTY!!!! >:D Anywho, this new generation of mods I think is perfectly suited for their positions. Fantastic job and good luck to all of you. :)

Xero
03-06-2013, 05:40 PM
I like how everyone forgot me, Luzoto, and Hidro.
;_;
/dies of depression

Scarecrow
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
scarecrow for ex-mod recognition while you're doing zed's

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuu jeffffff

Xero
03-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I nominate Scarecrow for ex-mod recognition.

balistiik
03-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Ha, completely forgot about this, grants to all who got their spots

Praetorain
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Me and Camila aren't the only two who were selected.
And of course it will, silly.
*Sees RHG page*
Oh my dear Lord!

kingkickass2013
03-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Makes sense, the Shaq of all trades is now a jack of all trades, more than half the people said to be new moderators I don't know who they are.

By the way, who was Zed? I saw his name and I'm wondering what he did to get such a special seat of dedication.

Scarecrow
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Makes sense, the Shaq of all trades is now a jack of all trades, more than half the people said to be new moderators I don't know who they are.

By the way, who was Zed? I saw his name and I'm wondering what he did to get such a special seat of dedication.

he was the administrator before the merge, then was put down to global moderator. now he has resigned

_Ai_
03-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Congratulations to all of you! I'll be saying all of you so no one get left behind.

Camila
Xero
Luzoto
Shaq-of-all-trades
Rosie
CaM
Hidro
Tsang

I'm sure these people will do a great job! If not, why are they chosen as mods?
And congrats again.

Cronos
03-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Camila's avatar. I quite like it.

Leokill
03-07-2013, 02:35 AM
Congratulations to the new mods.

Heh.

Good thing I know everyone who got a mod position except Luzoto Tsang and Hidro.

Nanite
03-07-2013, 05:39 AM
The new mod team is pretty good, which would be expected.

Congratulations to all.

Mr. Evil
03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I've clearly missed a lot.
New mods seem to be doing their job (look at all those beautiful locked RHG threads.)
And cheers to Zed for being a great mod, and congrats to the new moderators.

Scarecrow
03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
scarecrow for ex-mod recognition

jeff i hate you

Xero
03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Poor scarecrow :c

Rosie
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
scarecrow for ex-mod recognition

jeff i hate you

http://www.fileize.com/files/bcf84fe8/7eb/Scarecrow.png
You have support, my good man.

Scarecrow
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.fileize.com/files/bcf84fe8/7eb/Scarecrow.png
You have support, my good man.

c':

Drache
03-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Congratulations to the new mods!
Overall good decisions by Jeff, i look forward to what this team can do.
Well, of course i am disappointed that i didn't get the job, but who wouldn't be?

Cheers!

Apex-Predator
03-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Congratulations to the new mods!
Overall good decisions by Jeff, i look forward to what this team can do.
Well, of course i am disappointed that i didn't get the job, but who wouldn't be?

Cheers!

I think the first step is to not expect to get the job lol

_Ai_
03-09-2013, 03:34 AM

If you don't expect to get the job then why would you apply in the first place?

poppetje3D
03-09-2013, 05:05 AM
Good luck Green mods!

Imada
03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Is t just me or is there not a mod for General Discussion?

Imada
03-10-2013, 08:45 AM
Oh. *facepalm* I thought they modded everywhere lol.

Rosie
03-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Oh. *facepalm* I thought they modded everywhere lol.

Well, they do.
Core team mods moderate all over (that's where the 'global' mod comes into play), but they're mostly in General Discussion, so we don't really need a mod specified for just General Discussion.

Apex-Predator
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM

I might have misinterpreted what an EX-Administrative friend told me...

Jeff
03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Every administration has their own expectations and criteria. I think I did a good job so far in selecting the best people for the job due to all the awesome initiative and activity from them, but I also think my backup mods would do equally as well.

Apex-Predator
03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Every administration has their own expectations and criteria. I think I did a good job so far in selecting the best people for the job due to all the awesome initiative and activity from them, but I also think my backup mods would do equally as well.

Backup mode, are they the ones that swoop into action if the ones you selected aren't doing their job well and be are demoted. But let's hope it doesn't come to that eh.

Jeff
03-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, right now it's a trial to see who works out and who doesn't. So far most of the new people are working out.

Apex-Predator
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah, right now it's a trial to see who works out and who doesn't. So far most of the new people are working out.

That's good to hear then :), you removed the dark BG behind your avatar. I can see the color of your nickname now

Corey Rich
03-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Congrats and welcome to the staff.

Drone
03-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Oh, coolstuff, this happened
congrats to everyone and stuff
:>

enderwolf11
03-23-2013, 03:10 AM
well i just joined but good luck

Mage