PDA

View Full Version : Flash Help Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Exile
03-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Taking the idea from Tids, I'm assuming he won't mind.

Also, I got permission from a mod to keep this in the Flash section, not the General Help section. Leave it here, don't move it.

Basically, if you have a question about Flash, ask it here. I'll do my best to answer it.

Do NOT ask me "Which is better?" questions. These include line vs brush, sticks vs fullbody, pivot vs flash, or anything else you can think of. I won't answer them.

If you need an example of a movement, I will either link to already-made tutorials or make my own animation of the movement and post the .fla, which you can download and use for reference in your own animations. If any of my movements are copied with the .fla I provide, I will make sure you're banned for stealing my work. They're for reference, they're not public domain and I do not give anyone permission to directly take my animations and put them in your own.

This is the main thing I will be doing: If you post an animation here, I'll break down what's wrong with it as detailed as possible, make suggestions as to what could be better, and tell you what level the animation is at (Noob, Beginner, Inter, everything in between).

Ask away!

Poutine Salad
03-15-2007, 07:48 PM
What are FizIkZ?

Seriously. I wanna test your teaching ability.

Exile
03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
That's an extremely broad topic to "test" me with.. but alright.

Physics in animating, to me, encompass 5 main areas of animating:

Force
Gravity
Acceleration (Easing)
Deceleration (Cool-Down)
Recoil

The most basic example of physics would be a ball falling from a certain height. To make it look realistic, you have to have the ball fall slowly for several frames, and then have it gradually reach it's maximum falling speed. This factors in acceleration and gravity. Once it hits the ground, you start to factor in Deceleration and Recoil. After hitting the ground, it shouldn't come to a dead stop. It should bounce back up, to a lesser height, and continue to do so until it stops.

If you animate anything falling downwards, it's going to follow those basic rules. Force would be if someone is throwing an object. Upon leaving the person's hands, it should already be at maximum velocity and from there, both slow down and fall to the ground gradually due to gravity and friction.

Lastly, another example of recoil would be a gun or a cannon shooting. Depending on the size of the projectile being launched, the object that is launching the projectile will have force applied to it coming from the opposite direction it's firing into.

Unless I'm forgetting a main subsection in physics, that's the best I can describe it. Anything that you animate that involves projecting or falling will follow these basic rules, and anything you animate that requires physics will most likely contain one of the two.

It's honestly much easier to see an example animation of how you think physics should be animated. I can go off of what you need work with and narrow down my descriptions, instead of explaining a very broad topic with generic examples.

Poutine Salad
03-15-2007, 08:10 PM
That's an extremely broad topic to "test" me with.. but alright.

Physics in animating, to me, encompass 5 main areas of animating:

Force
Gravity
Acceleration (Easing)
Deceleration (Cool-Down)
Recoil

The most basic example of physics would be a ball falling from a certain height. To make it look realistic, you have to have the ball fall slowly for several frames, and then have it gradually reach it's maximum falling speed. This factors in acceleration and gravity. Once it hits the ground, you start to factor in Deceleration and Recoil. After hitting the ground, it shouldn't come to a dead stop. It should bounce back up, to a lesser height, and continue to do so until it stops.

If you animate anything falling downwards, it's going to follow those basic rules. Force would be if someone is throwing an object. Upon leaving the person's hands, it should already be at maximum velocity and from there, both slow down and fall to the ground gradually due to gravity and friction.

Lastly, another example of recoil would be a gun or a cannon shooting. Depending on the size of the projectile being launched, the object that is launching the projectile will have force applied to it coming from the opposite direction it's firing into.

Unless I'm forgetting a main subsection in physics, that's the best I can describe it. Anything that you animate that involves projecting or falling will follow these basic rules, and anything you animate that requires physics will most likely contain one of the two.

It's honestly much easier to see an example animation of how you think physics should be animated. I can go off of what you need work with and narrow down my descriptions, instead of explaining a very broad topic with generic examples.
Wow. Nice job. You'll do good in this thread, and I couldnt ask for anyone better.

Miphisto
03-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I like the idea of this thread. Its a nice explaination you have for your physics. But in reality there are 4 main forces which are our entire universe.

1.Gravity - A force that acts between ALL mass and it has an infinite range.

2.Elecotromagnetic - Acts between electrically charged particles and has an infinite range (And example of this force would be light or magnetism)

3.Weak Force - Converts a neutron to a proton, an electrion and a antineutrino. Has a short range.

4.Strong Force - A force that holds protons and neutrons together in an atom. Has a short range.

But when dealing with animation, you only really need to worry about gravity acceleration and deceleration. Force and all those things fit under acceleration and deceleration. If you want something to look more forcefull, make that part of the body move faster (acceleration) and how do you do that? Use less frames.

I like this thread. Good idea exilement. I hope alot of beginners use this and dont' abuse it. First mod to read this sticky it.

Exile
03-15-2007, 08:17 PM
http://www.swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=5920

I know the magnet was unrealistic. Next.

For that I'd say that was a high beginner animation.

Anyway.. the main problem is actually the stick design itself. It really looks hunched over. I think that may be because of the right arm. Either way try lowering the arm and raising the head as much as possible without giving the stick figure an actual neck. Just don't make his shoulder look like it's connected to the side of his head.

The running wasn't bad, but had some flaws. However I'm not going to go into detail with what's wrong with it, because I've noticed that animators generally pick up on more realistic running through practice. You seem to have the basics down and I really can't give any advice that you won't learn through repetition

And miphisto, animation physics aren't the same as the scientific definition of universal physics. Those are irrelevant to animations. And your comment about force, I really don't think it fits under acceleration. Acceleration is the gradual increasing of an object's speed through gravity, what you're describing (less frames more distance) is a completely different concept unrelated to physics. Thanks though

Saline
03-15-2007, 08:26 PM
http://denvish.net/ulf/150307/83288_noonebetterhavethisentri.php this is what my particles look like now. Any way to improve on them, also how do you keep your lines the same size?

Exile
03-15-2007, 08:29 PM
This is the main thing I will be doing: If you post an animation here, I'll break down what's wrong with it as detailed as possible, make suggestions as to what could be better, and tell you what level the animation is at (Noob, Beginner, Inter, everything in between).

Yeah go ahead, but honestly particles aren't my areas of expertise. I'll do what I can.

I'm going to sleep so anything posted here, I'll comment on tomorrow.

T Man
03-15-2007, 08:30 PM
hey exilement, just talked to you, any ways

tell me what you think.

http://denvish.net/ulf/140307/80976_RAGE2.php

later

Nikkatzu
03-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey, as of now ill be helping answer questions here as well (I talked to Exilement) but ill be more focused on fullbody.

Heres what I think of Rusender's and Tman's.

Tman- Looking great, though that run still bothers me. Try making the backround more detailed. Also, some of the more powerful hits could use a bit more anticipation. Finally some of the kicks in this flash look more like he is i guess you could say "walking" on the opposing stick. And when he does the backflip, his knees should bend. Overall good work.

Rusender- The stick doesnt look like hes being sucked in by a magnet, but rather more...jumping into it without bending his knees. Theres this unnesicary antic where he actually pushes off of the ground with one foot. Also as this is a magnet, when his arms come off of it, it should almost be like there is an invisible adhesive on the magnet, and the head should stay attached. one other thing you may want to do is bring the magnet actually back some when the body impacts it. Keep animating, i havent seen much by you.

It's Me
03-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Not animation based but do you know how to make 3 colored gradients in flash?

T Man
03-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Hey thanks Nikkatzu, big improve ment from my teleporting huh? what level do you think that animation is?

radicalstich
03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
uh i don't know if this goes here but i am look ing for a beam tutorial or anim to study?

Anyone got a link somting?

Thx in advanced

Poutine Salad
03-16-2007, 12:03 AM
http://denvish.net/ulf/150307/83288_noonebetterhavethisentri.php this is what my particles look like now. Any way to improve on them, also how do you keep your lines the same size?

Well, your particles need detail. They need to break off into smaller peices.

This is what you could try next. (http://media.putfile.com/New-Blood-Style)

After that, try to make them dissolve in defined shapes, and try to make them partly dissolve, and partly fall to the ground. (If your making blood the last one helps)

Saline
03-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Thanks, I think that'll help me. Off to school. I will edit this post latar.

TWL
03-16-2007, 07:34 AM
I am just trying to get some help on recoil...not really good at this angle
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testeh9.swf

pandafreak
03-16-2007, 09:06 AM
A new Running and Punch Tut could help me ! My biggest problems are running and punching sticks ;) I cant make them looking realistic running when the stick is small..

Freddeh
03-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I really need help to Actionscript my buttons

Scorpioxxx
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Taking the idea from Tids, I'm assuming he won't mind.

Also, I got permission from a mod to keep this in the Flash section, not the General Help section. Leave it here, don't move it.

Basically, if you have a question about Flash, ask it here. I'll do my best to answer it.

Do NOT ask me "Which is better?" questions. These include line vs brush, sticks vs fullbody, pivot vs flash, or anything else you can think of. I won't answer them.

If you need an example of a movement, I will either link to already-made tutorials or make my own animation of the movement and post the .fla, which you can download and use for reference in your own animations. If any of my movements are copied with the .fla I provide, I will make sure you're banned for stealing my work. They're for reference, they're not public domain and I do not give anyone permission to directly take my animations and put them in your own.

Ask away!

I'll help if you want, also, is it just me or did the mentor thread disapear a while ago....

Apples
03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
I need some help on running in 24 fps.
I always screw up, as you have seen from my previous work exilement.
I need help on either smooth or cartoon like running.

MetalDog
03-16-2007, 11:36 AM
this should be stickied. This a good idea EXILE.

MetalDog
03-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah EXILE your awesome. Even your name EXILE is cool.

I was too lazy to write the hole thing.

Exile
03-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm just going to say this: I really don't want people trolling this, trying to help people out before I get a chance to. Not to sound arrogant, I'm not saying "THIS IS MY THREAD, GET THE HELL OUT AND STOP HELPING PEOPLE", but I don't want every animation posted here getting help from 5 people before I even get a chance to see it.

I'd prefer it if it was limited to me criticising the stick figure animations and Nikkatzu criticising the fullbody animations. I don't mind if you comment a few times on certain animations, if I left out something, but I don't want people to start making it a habit.

I'll post criticism on the animations posted so far in a second.

MetalDog
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
sorry double post

Exile
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
TWL: The recoil on the stick to the left was fine. The one on the right seemed to just shake. Honestly I wouldn't worry about recoil on that stick for now, I'd just have him raise the gun upwards a bit. I don't mean take the actual gun and move it up a few frames, I mean have him angle it upwards after firing.

Pandafreak: Look at Paperclip's line animation tutorial in the tutorial section.

Funky-Fred: I don't do actionscript.

It's Me: Go to the color's tab, under the drop bar select "Gradient", and click anywhere on the gradient in the tab to place another gradient tab.

T-Man: Looks great, but almost all of those motion blurs were unnecessary. I can't really find any major flaws in it, though the running could use some work.

App: What's hard about animating at 24 fps? What specificially? Cartoon like running, I can't help with because it's way beyond my style, and smooth running is a simple concept: more frames, higher fps, less space between movements

Exile
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
And metal dog, I made the thread because up until this point, I'm one of the very few members that tries to actively post technical criticism aside from "looks good" or "that sucks". Which is why I'm making a thread so people can directly request technical advice from an experienced animator.

MetalDog
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
its just something to watch out for bro, I have no problem with it.
sry I pm'ed that message to you, dont reply

Scorpioxxx
03-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I really need help to Actionscript my buttons

Didn't i post the answer in your thread?

radicalstich
03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
uh i don't know if this goes here but i am look ing for a beam tutorial or anim to study?

Anyone got a link somting?

Thx in advanced

Am i being ignored?

Exile
03-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry, I missed your post. I'll see if I can find something

radicalstich
03-16-2007, 04:50 PM
ok, thx

uh thx again

Exile
03-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Sorry, I looked.. can't really find anything that focuses purely on beam effects.

radicalstich
03-16-2007, 05:28 PM
ok mAYBE SOMEONE ELSE WILL COME UP WITH SOMETHING

Saline
03-16-2007, 05:40 PM
How do I keep the limbs of my stick men the same size?

Poutine Salad
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm just going to say this: I really don't want people trolling this, trying to help people out before I get a chance to. Not to sound arrogant, I'm not saying "THIS IS MY THREAD, GET THE HELL OUT AND STOP HELPING PEOPLE", but I don't want every animation posted here getting help from 5 people before I even get a chance to see it.

I'd prefer it if it was limited to me criticising the stick figure animations and Nikkatzu criticising the fullbody animations. I don't mind if you comment a few times on certain animations, if I left out something, but I don't want people to start making it a habit.

I'll post criticism on the animations posted so far in a second.
I only helped him because it was quite late and you werent on anymore. *leaves thread furrever*

Exile
03-16-2007, 05:56 PM
That post wasn't directed towards anyone, I'm saying it for future reference, so it doesn't happen. If you want to help around, go ahead, just don't try to actively beat me to the punch every time.

@DA, try using guidelines. Draw a hairline where your stick's torso, neck and top of head are when you first draw it, then go off of that.

Saline
03-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Wait I'm confused, I draw the hairline the whole animation then go over it in the end?

Exile
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
no

When you start an animation, draw a stick figure that's standing straight. Then create a new layer and draw hairlines where his legs meet his body, where his head meets his body, and the very top of his head. Then lock that layer and make it the top layer.

While you're animating, whenever you have a stick figure return to standing straight, go off those guidelines. Keep in mind that this is just a reference to the height of the stick figures and not to be followed with EVERY movement. Just when the stick is standing straight.

Hope that explains it.

Cereal Man
03-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Where did you learn AS?

Exile
03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't know AS

Saline
03-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I know how to AS Simple things like a button and a Menu..

T Man
03-16-2007, 10:49 PM
hey exilement, thanks for the feed back. what lvl do you think that animation was?

LN3uq
03-16-2007, 11:26 PM
If it's alright with you, I could answer some when you guys aren't on.

T Man
03-17-2007, 04:03 AM
http://denvish.net/ulf/170307/13188_tman.php hey exilement, im starting an animation against some of my friends. i need help... thanks.

Exile
03-17-2007, 07:05 AM
I would say you're high beginner.

As for that animation, it's decent. The ground shouldn't be shaking when they run, though. I think it'd look better without.

Don't draw hands on your sticks either, it really doesn't look good.

Try moving the stick's arms when they run, too.

And ln3uq, go ahead.

sticky?

T Man
03-18-2007, 03:59 AM
hey exilement, here's an update.. i really like what it looks like so far. tell me what you think.

http://denvish.net/ulf/180307/11969_tman.php

Benja
03-18-2007, 05:43 AM
Exilement, I really like what you're doing here.
Cheers mate.

*Stickied*

T Man...I really like how you've improved. I remember when you joined, everybody was ignoring you and your animations were crap. But now you've improved a lot since your first flash.
You got potential.
I'm looking forward to se some of your longer animations in the future ; )

Before:
http://www.swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=4786
Now:
http://denvish.net/ulf/180307/11969_tman.php
Improvement I say.

Exile
03-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks benja

The zoom in with that orb effect wasn't bad, but it seemed kind of long. I don't understand why it zoomed in twice before cutting to the fighting... don't really like your stick figure's facial art, either. That'll improve with time though.

Individual frames need more attention, too. A lot of the frames had extreme body size changes, especially in the legs. In one frame his leg from the knee down was longer than his entire leg should have been.

Overall it's pretty decent. I liked the first move but the second one looked kind of awkward

Knightsy
03-18-2007, 08:48 AM
kl falsh thingy but cant work it and ont get it

Exile
03-18-2007, 08:49 AM

How do you honestly expect someone to read that?

T Man
03-18-2007, 09:13 AM
hey thanks benja and exilement, haha, i just laughed after looking at that other flash.. lol.

exilement, i'm gonna work on it. thanks

ohhhhhhh and when it zoomed in twice. i was timing it with the music. hehe.

Enigma
03-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Ive gotten much better since this animation but all my new ones are very short right now, so yeah http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=killracegp5.swf

Also, this is one of my newer ones, http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jumptestba1.swf Just testing jumping

LN3uq
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
On the jumping one, it seemed like there wasn't much animation, but too much stretching.

It also looks like your sticks' heads are coming from the middle of their heads...

Exile
03-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, on the fight... there's really not enough movements. Just flying around. You seem to be kind of lazy in your animations, try to put forth some effort.

On the jump, you just squashed him down, which is never done correctly. You also animate certain sections at a time instead of everything at once. The physics weren't bad though. At least on the jump. Your fight animation had virtually no physics whatsoever. Running needs huge improvements too.

Low beginner.

TheZeroOne
03-20-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a question, do you have any good tutorials on smoke?

LN3uq
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41446

Chronic
03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I need some help with blood. I'm trying to get the effect that goes with a bullet, you know, when some of the blood trails off in the direction of the bullet.

pureindian407
03-23-2007, 03:39 PM
i need help with sounds for my movies cause i just started to use flash 8

Exile
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Chronic: In the tutorials section, watch Paperclip's tutorial on line animation. It's got an excellent example of blood animation and explains how to do it.

Pureindian407: http://www.findsounds.com/

Enigma
03-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Okay, I found one of my better ones, for teh Finishing Blow Collab.

http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finishingblowentryrq3.swf

Strife
03-23-2007, 06:21 PM
C & C ?? http://swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=7216

Exile
03-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Okay, I found one of my better ones, for teh Finishing Blow Collab.

http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finishingblowentryrq3.swf

No physics at all. Even in an animation like this you need some form of physics. Specifically after the kick, when he flies upward, and then slows down suddenly. I really don't like that.

Also the kick didn't have sufficient force to cause a reaction like that.

The beam was quite good. I think right now you just need to work on more "natural" poses for individual frames. The poses the stick figures take during their movements really don't look realistic, at all.

Exile
03-23-2007, 07:02 PM
C & C ?? http://swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=7216

High beginner. Oh, and the other guy's was mid beginner, forgot to mention that.

Anywho.. it's actually pretty good. The physics in the jump were good but he seemed to shift position somewhere along the way.

Though, once your stick figure appeared, I didn't like the way he crumpled. The reaction wouldn't be a crumple anyway. Either falling back, or kind of getting swept off of his feet while moving forward and doing a bit of a backwards flip would look better. If that makes sense..

I really don't like the pose at the end, along with the knives, though. Looks like you got lazy.

MiniMan
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
C & C ?? http://swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=7216All I can say is finish it, very nicely done.

Enigma
03-23-2007, 08:21 PM
No physics at all. Even in an animation like this you need some form of physics. Specifically after the kick, when he flies upward, and then slows down suddenly. I really don't like that.

Also the kick didn't have sufficient force to cause a reaction like that.

The beam was quite good. I think right now you just need to work on more "natural" poses for individual frames. The poses the stick figures take during their movements really don't look realistic, at all.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

mitsukai
03-25-2007, 11:10 AM
not done. just wanna see what i should do to make it better frist

oh and some the web site doesnt put the ani in a box, just leaves it how it is.
so some of the left over lines(or boxes) will show but there not part of the ani

ill delete them when im done with it.

http://www.fileupyours.com/files/89753/long%20fight.swf

C&C plz

Exile
03-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Upload it to swfup or imageshack or something, don't send me a download link

mitsukai
03-28-2007, 05:41 PM
sorry bout that didnt kno you had to downlaod it here:

http://denvish.net/ulf/280307/72593_long_fight.php

T Man
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM
http://denvish.net/ulf/280307/68608_line_test_2.php

line attempt??

Exile
03-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Sticks looked like they were made out of silly putty or something, any fast movement stretched their limbs a LOT. Work on consistancy.

Feet are extremely shaky too. Makes it look rushed.

The punch seems a bit slow, and the kick looks bad. I know exactly why, too. You have him leaning back with the kick as though he's going to fall backwards, and then for some reason, you switched to a frame at the peak of what the kick would look like had it been led up to properly. I'll upload an animation of a spin kick properly animated tomorrow or whatever I get a chance, so you can see what I mean.

Mitsukai, your animation isn't loading for me. Sorry.

T Man
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
thanks exilement. u know that was my first line right?

mitsukai
03-30-2007, 10:13 AM
man that sucks

sigh* dont worry bout it ill just make a new ani

Edit: didnt wanna double posso yeah...

ok i start on this one today C&C

and do you think its too fast or something?

http://denvish.net/ulf/310307/268_armageddon_1.php

radicalstich
03-30-2007, 11:58 PM
i am still looking for a beam tutorial

Scorpioxxx
03-31-2007, 02:59 AM
man that sucks

sigh* dont worry bout it ill just make a new ani

Edit: didnt wanna double posso yeah...

ok i start on this one today C&C

and do you think its too fast or something?

http://denvish.net/ulf/310307/268_armageddon_1.php

Your button works alot.....

Exile
03-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Mitsukai.. get rid of the button.

Radicalstitch, I told you can't find any tutorials specifically about beams.

mitsukai
03-31-2007, 09:11 AM
i screwed up the button didnt I...dang it
then why does it work for me i follow the hams tut thing yesterday did everything it said and it still dont work
same for the dang on preloader

bah oh well heres that ani with out any thing to start it T_T

it might take awhile to load its 3mb already.

http://denvish.net/ulf/310307/42012_armageddon_1.php

marx
03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
My first. (http://www.swfup.com/swf-view.php?id=7614)

My first serious flash. Tell me whats wrong and all.

Exile
03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Sound doens't sync, it's choppy, don't animate such large sticks, make a set head and copy/paste it into each frame instead of redrawing it every time, the kick is alright for a first attempt.. for now, just make the sticks at about 300-400% and animate them at that size. It'll make it a lot smoother, hopefully.

Mitsukai, take the music out. It's not loading. I'm assuming there's music because I don't see how you can have 3 mb of pure animation.

Enigma
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
My two entry's for the Kill CJ collab

http://www.swfupload.com/view/105569.htm
http://www.swfupload.com/view/111281.htm
The sound screwed up on the 2nt one, so just ignore it... I may add V-cam.

radicalstich
04-01-2007, 01:46 PM
about your button mitsukai when you make it a symbol make sure that button is checked under where you put the name in

and how do you make something change when you mouse over it?

EDIT: also when animating with line when you cross two lines over they join, how do you stop that
and is it possible to move lines without stretching them?

mitsukai
04-03-2007, 10:36 AM
hey they do work i just found out that they laod really slow

once you click the button wait a while and it should start

and i did the preloader wrong so it loads with without filling up

but anyway yo just gotta wait for them to load geuss the music makes it go slower and normal

Clutch
04-07-2007, 05:39 AM
How do you all draw your sticks so good, and does anyone have a tut on it:confused: (big newb question i know:( )

Deathbat.
04-07-2007, 05:58 AM
to draw stick good make them quite thick with no necks..

Clutch
04-07-2007, 06:10 AM
to draw stick good make them quite thick with no necks..
well what your saying actually depends on the watchers intrests because i kinda like tention's and i think his name is sapphire flame's style. But thats not the point, the point is how do i draw them in flash and what is the difference between line and brush

EDIT- Sorry, His name isnt sapphireflame its outphase

Scorpioxxx
04-07-2007, 11:37 AM
well what your saying actually depends on the watchers intrests because i kinda like tention's and i think his name is sapphire flame's style. But thats not the point, the point is how do i draw them in flash and what is the difference between line and brush

EDIT- Sorry, His name isnt sapphireflame its outphase

Line is drawn with the line tool and brush is drawn with the brush tool, brush im my opinion, is easier to manipulate but line, from my experience, is easyier to pickup.....

Clutch
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Line is drawn with the line tool and brush is drawn with the brush tool, brush im my opinion, is easier to manipulate but line, from my experience, is easyier to pickup..... But how do you guys maniupulate the sticks do you just redraw them everytime or what:confused:

.ram
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Draw them everytime with the head in a different layer.

Clutch
04-07-2007, 06:15 PM
thanks and do you know which of the three major styles would be good for a beginner (Thick Black (No pun intended(sorry im a perv;) )), Thin Tall sticks, or Tentions and outphases i have no idea what its called style)

.ram
04-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Smallish line sticks.
Makes them easier to animate when your starting out.

Clutch
04-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Smallish line sticks.
Makes them easier to animate when your starting out. like how small is small

knowsknone
04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Never mind, I got it down, I just wasn't moving the frame correctly =D having 3 layers can get confusing.

limped
04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
i has a questun

war u downlewd flash? i hav flash playr sew hoew do i maek animayshun?

Clutch
04-08-2007, 07:49 AM
i has a questun

war u downlewd flash? i hav flash playr sew hoew do i maek animayshun? and you expect us to read this how?

please say your being sarcastic.

Exile
04-08-2007, 03:52 PM
and you expect us to read this how?

please say your being sarcastic.

Haha, you obviously don't know who limped is.

Clutch
04-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Haha, you obviously don't know who limped is. No i do not is he one of those people that acts ike a noob to piss people off

Enigma
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
No i do not is he one of those people that acts ike a noob to piss people off

That pretty much sums it up...

kizza
04-28-2007, 05:10 AM
hey limped if acttually heard noobs saying that they dont no why they can animate with flash player

Kensei
05-06-2007, 01:30 PM
How do you invert the colours like 0blivi0us does in his anim against Jcamelo =p

Plague
05-07-2007, 02:07 AM
Where do I get flash pro 8. I tried from www.adobe.com but it shows a dialog
box and says "run" "open", I clicked run cause thats what I always do and it works, but it said "sucsesfully installed, without me even seeing a setup dialog
and it is not even on my computer. help.:confused:

Scorpioxxx
05-07-2007, 02:19 AM
How do you invert the colours like 0blivi0us does in his anim against Jcamelo =p
You just have to use lines to divide the picture up and recolour it in the areas you want

Where do I get flash pro 8. I tried from www.adobe.com but it shows a dialog
box and says "run" "open", I clicked run cause thats what I always do and it works, but it said "sucsesfully installed, without me even seeing a setup dialog
and it is not even on my computer. help.:confused:
You can't get flash pro 8 from adobe now, they removed the trial you can still buy it though ($800) and the trial may be on other sites, before you ask what other sites, try using google.....

Freddeh
05-08-2007, 11:25 AM
man, is this thread also for asking which rank you're on?

coz one guy said so

deathlurker
05-12-2007, 03:51 PM
hey exilement,i need help with how to make ur colors inverted,like the colors
go to the exact oppisent color than the original one,for example,
black with invert to white.if u can anwser back,ill be happy.

Exile
05-12-2007, 05:58 PM
You'll need photoshop for that. You can do it with paint but flash images don't paste well into paint and vice/versa.

There is a little trick you can do to determine the inverse color of something, if you want to do it manually. Take the color of what you want to inverse, and type something in that color. Then highlight the text. The text's highlighted color is the exact inverted color of what it originally was. Use the eyedropper tool to take the highlighted color, and apply it to what you want to invert.

bulo16
05-12-2007, 10:42 PM
man can u help me..? i don`t know how to animate the stick that get hit....sound silly huh? please help me!:)

LN3uq
05-12-2007, 11:27 PM
@deathlurker
Or what you can do is this:
Make a box that covers all of the frame in flash, then make it a movieclip. Put it over all the stuff you want inverted, possibly in a new layer, then go to it's properties on the bottom of the screen.
Where it says "Blend: Normal" change Normal to Invert, and everything underneath it should be made the opposite color.

Exile
05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Oh, I never knew that.

See, even I'm learning things here. Thanks.

Paperclip
05-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry to catch this thing so late. Nice thread, Exilement! Glad it got stickied.

Steyene
05-17-2007, 05:29 AM
This is my 1st particle test... I have studied some of Miphisto's though, and its the same one as I have used in the animation below.
http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-10397.swf
And here is the current animation I am working on... I need a bit of guidance as no one gave me C&C in my thread D:
Here it is
http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-10398.swf
Edit: Oh and I forgot see how the Vcam slows the animation right down there. I have noe idea why it is doing that, any ideas? Its tweened over 13 frames and the background doesn't effect it.

Steyene
05-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Bumpage... I need help...

Deathbat.
05-20-2007, 07:55 AM
http://denvish.net/ulf/200507/55775_Walkbacktofightrun.php

Any tips?

Poseidon
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I Am not bad at flash animation

pagan
05-21-2007, 05:55 PM
How do you make stickman moving?

Gavel
05-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I Am bad at flash animation

Could you at least tell him what you need help with instead of spamming the thread with random noobish posts?

Read some tutorials, and then ask Exilement for help. He's not going to help you if he doesn't know what to help you with.

Steyene
05-22-2007, 01:11 AM
God damm it, I need help with the V-Cam thing Exilement, it also lags any other .swfs on the page, see the particle test above it.

shugo391
06-01-2007, 02:37 PM
easy peezy lemon squeezy =)

Real
06-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey this is my first post. I'm sort of new to this whole thing and made a couple of animations. I posted them using my brother's name ninjachuck385 on the Flash Portal (Awesome Battle 1, 2, Exciting Waving Fella). Here's a link to one of mine, wondering if you could tell me where it's weak and what I could do to improve it. Thanks!

width=400 height=300

mk2 detinator
06-04-2007, 01:52 PM
euh, ...
maybe it's a stupid question, but with what programme you make flash animations??

PS: good Idea to make this threat here!

Freddeh
06-04-2007, 01:59 PM
You use Flash.

I use Macromedia Flash Professional version 8.

There is a newer one, Adobe Flash CS3.

EDIT: What can I improve, Ex?

http://www.swfup.com/file/11854 about 1 hour

http://www.swfup.com/file/11760 less than 10 minutes

http://www.swfup.com/file/11939 about 30 min

skullfire
06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
OMG I would really love it if someone could make a short tutorial or explain how you make the animations like funky freds above post, but I would rather like to know how to make the style of lets say this?: http://stickpage.com/anotherrandombattle.shtml tyvm for any help
p.s. Ive only made 3 ok flash animations so far so Im still a big beginner.:o

Kensei
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
anyone know how to select multiple items Instead of using the select box thingy(click+drag)...?

skullfire
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
i think u use the arrow tool and then hold shift or maybe its ctrl and click on the things you want idk lol

LN3uq
06-07-2007, 04:23 PM
It's shift and click.

Kensei
06-09-2007, 03:22 AM
oh thanks alot =]

Poseidon
06-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Where do you get lightsaber sounds???????????????????????

Kensei
06-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Is there a way of only viewing the previous frame on onionskin instead of the last like...4?

EDIT:Nvm done it....

Freddeh
06-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Wow.

Isn't this Exilement's help thread?

He does never post in this thread.

XCell
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Where do you get lightsaber sounds???????????????????????

www.lightsabersounds.com (http://www.google.com)

Clutch
06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow.

He does never post in this thread.yeah but like you said he hasnt posted here for a while

redhawk
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow.

He does never post in this thread.
^^That's not even a correct sentence!

He doesn't post here because his thread got overwhelmed by incompetent noobs that don't know what the ***k they're talking about when they give their so called 'advice.' If I were Exilement I wouldn't post here either. I would let the damn thread die and ignore the whiny little noobs that can't simply use google to find their answer or go over the help files in Flash itself. Read the help files morons, you'll get a good grasp on what you can do in Flash and get a head start on animation before you come here with your shit. That's what most of it is. Shit. On top of that you think you can fool us into thinking you made it into shit on purpose with posts like, "Well, I did this really quick in 5 minutes." Now I know that everyone has to start somewhere but please please PLEASE work on it a little bit before you actually put some onto SPP or the forums.

Anyway. Exilement, this was a great idea and you were really helpful to everyone before it got taken over by unintelligent little demons I like to call noobs.

death_from_abov
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
where can i get sounds for my flash animations and how do i put them in??

STUFF
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
www.flashkit.com

Download the sounds and import them into Flash library.

Freddeh
06-20-2007, 01:41 PM
^^That's not even a correct sentence!

He doesn't post here because his thread got overwhelmed by incompetent noobs that don't know what the ***k they're talking about when they give their so called 'advice.' If I were Exilement I wouldn't post here either. I would let the damn thread die and ignore the whiny little noobs that can't simply use google to find their answer or go over the help files in Flash itself. Read the help files morons, you'll get a good grasp on what you can do in Flash and get a head start on animation before you come here with your shit. That's what most of it is. Shit. On top of that you think you can fool us into thinking you made it into shit on purpose with posts like, "Well, I did this really quick in 5 minutes." Now I know that everyone has to start somewhere but please please PLEASE work on it a little bit before you actually put some onto SPP or the forums.

Anyway. Exilement, this was a great idea and you were really helpful to everyone before it got taken over by unintelligent little demons I like to call noobs.

'Nuff said.

Exile
06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Actually, no, redhawk. I actually honestly forgot this thread existed. It died for a few weeks so I just completely ignored it, I had no idea it became active at all.

Though you're right, people did start repeating themselves and from what I can tell, the questions are pretty generic and can be answered by google, or they're so broad it'd take forever for me to go in and pick out what's wrong with their extremely beginner animations.

I'll try to stay active with this now, but thank you very much for helping out people who needed it, to those who actually took the time to do it.

Miphisto
06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Lol welcome back to the thread Exilement =).

20kiloslug
06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
how do you save a file as an swf instead of a .fla?

Scorpioxxx
06-24-2007, 12:17 PM
how do you save a file as an swf instead of a .fla?

press ctrl and Enter or on Mac the apple button and Enter.

dilland
06-25-2007, 07:26 AM
ok exile, or, whoever helps, i have a question. I wanna know what i should do to break out of the rusty phase i am in, and by the way, you know just any exercise, i havent animated in 6 months, so yeah.

Tawnik
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
http://www.swfup.com/file/13775#view what do you think about this mine little test..?Thx every one who will answer...

Kensei
06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Can you split songs on flash (e.g make them start at the middle of the song...)?

Freddeh
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I have also been wondering that...

Please reply someone.

Scorpioxxx
06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, you could have the song start in frame one and start your animation where you want it to start in the song, then just stick gotoandplay (insert frame) in the first one then it should just skip to the frame and part of the song.

unreal
06-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I Need Help!

I'm not sure how people make the stivks arms and legs, the same length.

I mean watch Jc mania, his legs & arms are the same length, but when i do it i can never get the arms same length??

Kensei
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
nvm i found a Mp3 splitter software on download.com...

errm unreal why dont you just copy and paste?

Scorpioxxx
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I Need Help!

I mean watch Jc mania, his legs & arms are the same length, but when i do it i can never get the arms same length??

Use onion skinning and practise, try zooming in and spending time getting it right, i sometimes span 10mins on a frame getting it right.

Exile
06-27-2007, 04:03 PM
ok exile, or, whoever helps, i have a question. I wanna know what i should do to break out of the rusty phase i am in, and by the way, you know just any exercise, i havent animated in 6 months, so yeah.

Simple movements. Running, walking, jumping, physics tests. The little things are probably what matter most when it comes to rustiness.

http://www.swfup.com/file/13775#view what do you think about this mine little test..?Thx every one who will answer...

If you're going for the Madness style.. don't attempt it. No offense but nobody can really pull it off well enough, and I don't see anyone being respected for ripping off of Krinkle's style.

As far as the animation went, the physics were off on the jump. The particles were good, but didn't apply to what was going on.

Try a different style, something new, or just generic stick figures if you'd like.

Like scorpio said, use onion skinning if you already aren't. Things like consistancy take a long time to get down, and even advanced animators have trouble with it every once in a while. Just keep at it and you'll get it eventually.

FyFyMikhaylovich
06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
What is your opinion on double-framing towards the end of a particle animation or something?

1-d
06-30-2007, 02:07 PM
How do i take those square things out of my avatar. Please help.

Exile
06-30-2007, 03:37 PM
No clue how to help you there

Sorry.

Kensei
07-01-2007, 04:07 PM
What is your opinion on double-framing towards the end of a particle animation or something?

if you can pull it off properly then its fine but i just animate all the frames just make sure you dont make the particle too small because u wont be able to see it and it'll look like it disapeared early...

matzoball
07-07-2007, 03:56 PM
hey i need some help with physics. like when someone punches a guy hoe many frames should iuse to make his head go back and go to normal position on a 16 fps frame rate? thanks

Miccool
07-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Well it depends how hard the punch is.. doesn't it?

Exile
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Post an animation of how you think it should be done, and I can comment on it then.

xoptikx
07-07-2007, 05:41 PM
where can i download the flash program....ive been using pivot but i want to expirement with flash

Cosmonaut
07-07-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52243

Next time look around the threads.

Gokustick
07-08-2007, 04:12 AM
I have 2 questions...

1.) How do you make the movie seem like it's zooming in, while it's going on? I downloaded some .fla files of the Crazy Jay Collab for reference...but I can't figure it out.

2.) How do you trim a sound clip? I tried to delete a few of the frames it was on, but it just snaps back...

Thanks 4 teh nub help. :Happy:

Miccool
07-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I think you should get a better name.

Exile
07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
1.) How do you make the movie seem like it's zooming in, while it's going on? I downloaded some .fla files of the Crazy Jay Collab for reference...but I can't figure it out.

2.) How do you trim a sound clip? I tried to delete a few of the frames it was on, but it just snaps back...

Sorry for the delay.

1. Try using the VCam. Look around Google, shouldn't be hard to find. Just use that to tween the camera closer to what you're zooming into.

2. Deleting a sound clip's frames only change it's placement. You need some kind of audio editing program to directly edit the audio. Try Audacity.

Vincent
07-13-2007, 03:29 AM
this is my very 1st movie

http://denvish.net/ulf/130707/8140_practice_1.swf

i added the preloader about 4 days ago when i downlaoded it

(also my uncle taught me how to use buttons)

i just wanna know how to improve my physics and smoothness

Exile
07-13-2007, 10:05 AM
For now just work on movements.. don't worry about physics. Smoothness is just more frames and a higher FPS.

When you make a new frame, you need to redraw the whole stick. Don't just move an arm or a leg, it's not going to look good. And don't worry about beams for now.. those are very complicated and aren't very good to work on when you first start animating.

kirbster40
07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
URL: http://www.zshare.net/flash/26831443850a8c/
I tried to import the following kind of files:
AIFF/?? i forgot teh spelling
Mp3
WAV- When i upload this the sound is blank ]:
Midi

One or more files were not imported because they could not be read

pweez help

graffix
07-14-2007, 01:22 AM
mkay... do post have to be about anims... cuz im getting into making guns right now and i need some criticism on my work so far...

graffix
07-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Sorry for the delay.

1. Try using the VCam. Look around Google, shouldn't be hard to find. Just use that to tween the camera closer to what you're zooming into.

if you go to the adobe home site and search V-Cam youll get a blank animation with a V-Cam script in it... then you just rip the script out of the animation and put into your new one :p sry for posting like im giving advice but it tooke me a long time to find on google so i figure be more specific for the people lolz

xoptikx
07-14-2007, 03:01 AM
uhh......how can i change the size af the line tool to make it thicker so i wont have to keep free hand drawing stiks which i think is more funner?

commander
07-14-2007, 02:22 PM
hm... nice thread! well... my question isn't really about animating... but i wonder how i can upload stuff to the front page. instead of the forums, so i can get more views and ratings... because when i make threads around here, nobody really cares. so what i wonder is, do you need to be a special rank or something to upload there? and no, im not a flash newbie. please answear, i've been looking everywere and i can't find anyway to do it... would be great if you could help me! :)

graffix
07-14-2007, 02:54 PM
mkay... do post have to be about anims... cuz im getting into making guns right now and i need some criticism on my work so far...

plz answer me id like some help

xoptikx
07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
hey commander.....whe you make a thread and you want animation on front page.....u have to have the url for the video...like using photobucket....but it has to be in a gif format.....and there are no sounds included ..just animation

matzoball
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Post an animation of how you think it should be done, and I can comment on it then.

i don't have fifty post so i can't post links

Exile
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
URL: http://www.zshare.net/flash/26831443850a8c/
I tried to import the following kind of files:
AIFF/?? i forgot teh spelling
Mp3
WAV- When i upload this the sound is blank ]:
Midi

I have virtually no experience with opening sounds in Flash, maybe someone else can help..

hm... nice thread! well... my question isn't really about animating... but i wonder how i can upload stuff to the front page. instead of the forums, so i can get more views and ratings... because when i make threads around here, nobody really cares. so what i wonder is, do you need to be a special rank or something to upload there? and no, im not a flash newbie. please answear, i've been looking everywere and i can't find anyway to do it... would be great if you could help me! :)

You submit your animation to Crazy Jay and if it's good enough it might get the front page. There's no automated way of doing it, though.

hey commander.....whe you make a thread and you want animation on front page.....u have to have the url for the video...like using photobucket....but it has to be in a gif format.....and there are no sounds included ..just animation

please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to help. thanks for trying but you're not doing any good with it.

Whoever was asking about posting guns, just make a thread in the art section, you'll get criticism there.

T Man
07-14-2007, 08:28 PM
hey exilement, im in need of help with water.

http://denvish.net/ulf/140707/69527_short5.php

commander
07-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I have virtually no experience with opening sounds in Flash, maybe someone else can help..

You submit your animation to Crazy Jay and if it's good enough it might get the front page. There's no automated way of doing it, though.

please, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to help. thanks for trying but you're not doing any good with it.

Whoever was asking about posting guns, just make a thread in the art section, you'll get criticism there.

so... how do i sumbit my animation to crazy jay? is he some admin around here? i havn't been around here for quite some time...

commander
07-15-2007, 10:16 AM
and i got another question!

im just working on a battle scene. so i use Vcam a lot. but i can't tilt the Vcam for some reason... i can scale it, but when i rotate it, it just gets messed up. i dunno why, can anybody help me with this? is there some other, better Vcam script that lets you tilt the camera too? i got the script from a tutorial wich said "you can zoom in and out, and tilt the camera" but when i try, i can't...

please help me!

sh4d0wslayer
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
how would you do a flip/backwards flip?

forbizzi
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey, i was wondering if you could direct me to a tutorial for Lighting or Shadowing Effects. thanks.

xoptikx
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
uhh....a question, what are motion tweens and are they important to making a flash animation better?

Miccool
07-19-2007, 11:38 PM
uhh....a question, what are motion tweens and are they important to making a flash animation better?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/Miccool/Tweentut.swf

xoptikx
07-20-2007, 01:00 AM
thank you......i love..u.....jk....anyway...do you have a description maybe for me....that would be nice

my bad...i didnt see where it said next...thanks any way

Chimaera
07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I need helpe.

I can do better particles in Pivot than I can in Flash..
What's wrong with me?

xoptikx
07-23-2007, 01:20 AM
uhh.....is motion tweening really important for Flash vids????

anibuddy
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I need help... How can I be consistant with my sticks? With pivot, the lines are always straight, but my sticks are all twisted and stiff, what do I do to make them look more like the ones on Unbalanced (check homepage)???

Exile
08-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Use onion skinning, and just practice. I don't know of any other techniques you can use in pivot to help with constistancy any other way.

Darth Yoda
08-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey im going to sound like a total noob but how on earth do u get music onto a flash anim.? i tried it on Mp3 form but Flash said it couldn't read it and the logo for my standard music player appeared on screen. im using Flash 4, does that hav something to do w/ it?

general_zim
08-12-2007, 10:08 PM
I dunno, but I just can't grasp the concept of walking.

I always end up screwing it up one way or another. All the tutorials I've looked at haven't helped.

It seems I always make the same mistake of freezing the persons back leg whilst moving his front leg, resulting in the body leaning forward, and it looks plain retarded.

And I always make this same exact mistake every time. Any suggestions?

Exile
08-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Animate the legs first. Specifically the fixed leg. It should lean forward at a steady pace. Also, the moving foot should never go much higher than the fixed leg's ankle.

Walking is extremely hard to get down, and really, the only way to get good at it is through practice. Reading tutorials does very, very little to help.

Bricked
08-12-2007, 11:24 PM
How do you create a stickfigure that has moving joints like in Pivot? I'm sure it can be done, but if I remember the joints stopped working with each passing frame.

LN3uq
08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
You've got to make it using the line tool, and make sure the joints connect and everything.
Then, if you want to move it, select the white cursor thing, not the black one that you usually use, and click on the stick.
You can drag the little boxes at the end of each line segment to move the section.

general_zim
08-13-2007, 01:14 AM
But, the white cursor also stretches limbs out, so make sure you're careful not to resize the limbs a whole lot.

And thanks for the advice, Exilement. Will do.

anibuddy
08-15-2007, 11:06 AM
My thing doing wierd stuff... It only saves as .fla and quicktime movies, what did I do wrong???

xoptikx
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
question.....anybody know where i can find any v-cam tutorials....i got v-cam...but i really want to know how to use it...help?

Karthago
08-18-2007, 06:44 AM
IM GETTING ANGRY! DAMNIT!!! I took circa 6 hours for making animated flash Avatars and thats what fcking was one result for instance!!!! the damned Squares and bugs on them are so ****ing stinky!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!! JUST LOOK AT MY AVA -.-

Exile
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I seriously don't know what causes those little squares.

However, you did not spend 6 hours on that avatar. That much is extremely obvious.

STUFF
08-18-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the white boxes comes up if you export an Animated .GIF with gradients.

Tawnik
08-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Maybe,
he means,he was doing more avatars..
That took him 6 hours.

Karthago
08-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Maybe,
he means,he was doing more avatars..
That took him 6 hours.

thats right... better read my text right before judge exilemente... can u help me anyways? which program shall i use for avas? i just did the eye (took me 5 min -.- the other ones took me nearly the whole 6 h) in Adobe Flash CS3 or whatever its called....

greets

Freddeh
08-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't use that white mouse tool.
Use the black one.

Karthago
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't use that white mouse tool.
Use the black one.

sorry, what?? which white one? do you mean white color on the brush or wad?^^

greets

STUFF
08-18-2007, 11:29 AM
In Flash, there is a white mouse tool and a black mouse tool. Use the black mouse tool and do not use gradients in animated .gifs.

Karthago
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
thank you very much :)

btw did you paint your ava yourself?

xoptikx
08-18-2007, 09:49 PM
question....when i make a layer for the v cam.....should it be under or above the layer im going to draw on?......and what it a good way for me to use v-cam...the standard window or make a new v-cam window?

Exile
08-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I never really used the Vcam, but from what I remember, I don't think it matters what layer it's on.

I'm not sure what you're asking in the second question.

Cicada
08-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Exilement, do you have any of your animations available to see?

I really want to see how you animated.

Clutch
08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Exilement, do you have any of your animations available to see?

I really want to see how you animated.
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stairszt1.swf&width=480 -Walkin up stairs
http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jcexch2.swf&width=480 -Exilement and JC collab
http://www.swfup.com/file/7534 - unfinished Kill CJ collab
http://www.swfup.com/file/4365 -Fighting

I do not stalk exilement.....

darkebrz
08-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I just got flash a few hours ago, and I cant seem to find how to add a permenant background, ANYWHERE

Kachineo
08-21-2007, 04:01 PM
omg can you post a fla. file for me to download it too see how you anim a character made in line tool becouse I dont undesrtand the technique, please

Exile
08-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I just got flash a few hours ago, and I cant seem to find how to add a permenant background, ANYWHERE

Create a background, lock the layer that background is on, and then animate on a layer above the BG layer.

Sunder Forge
08-21-2007, 05:22 PM
When I posted this I got about 4 replies, and not one of them had critisizim.
http://media.putfile.com/Zeds-unleashed

Rigger939
08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
how do u downlode flash because it wont let me

xoptikx
08-24-2007, 06:22 PM
how can i put my falash as my avatar...i tried gif...but i have v cam on it.....and the v-cam showed up when i viewed it and it was slow too....anyway...any suggestions..?

anibuddy
08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
answer him first, then, What style should I use, brush or line??? Or, a little more complex, Stick or fullbody. or stick till I get good at this then go full body?

anibuddy
08-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Thnx I'll make an anim and decide.

Distorted
08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Hm...how can I make it so Im not making about 40 frames per hour?

LN3uq
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, you can just draw faster, but if that's the speed that you can make quality animations at, then maybe you shouldn't try and speed up at all.

Distorted
08-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, one last thing. Ive been dying to know how to do this.

You know in those really good stick fights when it would seem like the fight is so intense? I think its due to that shake effect used, any idea how to use a shake effect?

For example, something like: when a guy will hit another or miss and hit a wall or something, the whole picture will shake slightly .

LN3uq
08-29-2007, 01:46 PM
You just have to move everything in that frame back and forth a bit.

Distorted
08-29-2007, 01:48 PM
I currently work at 18 fps, how many frames do you think I should bounce it for?

how do u downlode flash because it wont let me

Well, you can get the trial version for 30 days.

Lucky for me my dad was able to get the college he works at to lend us one for "classes". I got the full version thanks to that =D

LN3uq
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Eh, whatever looks right. Or what you can do is this, which works better but I somehow forgot about.
Take a look at this tutorial by Greg-Anims
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7490711eyj5.swf

It shows how to use blurs to show impact, really good tut.

Also, try not to double post.

AphoticLight
09-04-2007, 06:09 AM
hey....im new at animating i already know how to use the program and your discription of physics really helped....just wanted som c&c on a physics test thanks in advanced for any advice

http://www.swfup.com/uploads/swf-25386.swf

Freddeh
09-04-2007, 08:16 AM
The first bounce is pretty good, but the other ones are way too high and too slow...

AphoticLight
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
mk that helps any other advice??

M1CKY
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
There is too many bounces altogether and quicken it up, as freddeh said

saphire-flame
09-11-2007, 01:59 AM
i have no real idea on how to use flash at all and need some massive help so i was wondering if i could get a tutorial on how to use this prorgam fully or get a tutor?

xoptikx
09-20-2007, 03:05 PM
ok, i have a question, i was wondering on how many people use a tablet and how many use a mouse, for me, i use a mouse off a laptop, i was wondering what tablets are good quality but cheap too, a little low on money as you can tell, but i was just wondering

fitzy
09-20-2007, 03:24 PM
mk that helps any other advice??

i may sound a bit harsh...but im just helping you and being constructive.

it was poor:
it was way too slow - unless the ball was ridiculously (and unrealistically) bouncy, it could never produce a bounce that high out of the speed it was going.

too many bounces - again, from the speed it was going, it wouldnt be able to get that many bounces.

too even/bounces too close together - your bounces sort of went like this (im gonna have to explain this so try and bear with me), say the peak height of the first bounce of the ball was about 7 metres...your bounces went like this: 7 metres, 6 metres, 5 metres, 4 metres etc until it landed, in reality, that doesnt happen. it should bounce high on its first one, but after that there should be a dramatic decrease in the height it bounces...
so it should go more like: 7 metres, 3 metres, 1 metre, tiny bounce, land.

in summary: make it faster, do less bounces and put the bounces further apart.

hope i helped

AphoticLight
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
mk that helped and dont worry iff i ever want to get better i need good critisizm....so thanx for the help

ShadowsofYesterday
10-08-2007, 02:05 AM
I don't see anything in this thread that would help me out with my little problem.

http://stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044531#post1044531

GunsnArmor
10-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I need to know how to make light radiants.

skullfire
11-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Uhm I have flash mx (6) and I would like to know how to animate sticks... Well i do the selectiong tool (white mouse) and stuff it works well. cept when i need to like overlap two body parts. I use a layer for the head and one for the body. If i overlap two parts it gets all messed up cuz they connect and stuff >< is there an option to turn that off or something?

turkoidz
11-16-2007, 04:49 AM
give each limb its own layer or draw fbf like me!!

Cory
11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
I need some help, I want to make a scrolling landscape. I know it it possible I just can't think of the action script.

example:http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb304/Meta91/WhatIWant.jpg

can you help me?

TheCreator
01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok i really need help, i just downloaded Adobe Flash CS3 Pro trial(i got new comp)
and i installed it and when i try to open it, it says You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help.
I have had this problem before(on my comp) and over came it but i forgot how i did it.Don't even say uninstall it and reinstall it cuz i already tried.

Arch-Angel
01-04-2008, 09:16 PM
reinstall again and make sure to do it right. The general problem with noobs is that they do not know how to follow directions.

M1CKY
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Agreed demi. Cory, you should google it, jeez ive seen thattype of script before a million times.

TheCreator
01-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I did uninstall it and reinstall it 3 times,,, im trying to see if i want to use flash(last time i only got to use 3 days)

stickpixman
01-06-2008, 11:16 AM
HOW DO I MAKE ANIMATIONS ON FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1ive looked everywhere;(

grimstik4.9
01-10-2008, 07:05 AM
i got flash today and when i put it up after a couple of things this message came up
at line 1 of file ''FLBridge_init.jsfl'':
refrence error: FLbridge is not defined please help me sort this out or else i wont be able to use flash ever again

Cobra42
01-14-2008, 12:54 AM
i have bluring problems, i even followed a tut and it did not work, i have flash 8 pro can you help me? (please)

Karthago
01-14-2008, 05:59 AM
is that you on the photo cobra42?

well to blur i would recommend to use the BLUR tool.

Entente
01-16-2008, 07:18 PM
:Smile: Hi, I'm new here.. :Happy: and.. I have a few questions.

1. How do you make it so that your symbol can be broken apart into limbs after the motion tweens? I know it must sound like an extremely noob question, but I really dont know how. I really dont think that the only way is to distribute each and every limb into different layers.

2. Just out of curiosity, what is the best framerate? Im guessing somewhere between.. 15-30? I really don't but the real question is.. What is the regular spacing for keyframes? Or do you test it out and see for yourself..

- If you answer these, thanks, if you don't, hopefully you tried.

LN3uq
01-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Most people use 12, 18 or 24 fps. I used to do 12, but now I'm doing more of 24, because you can just double frame some parts that you don't need to be super smooth.

Don't know how to do the first one, I don't use line/tween

Entente
01-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Erm.. so.. You actually draw the stickman.. if you do.. do you redraw it every time and use the onion skin?

LN3uq
01-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

Entente
01-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Dont want to be posting too much but the video that I'm really curious about is shock or.. shock 2, both are really good.. I think they used stick stick figures so.. how the heck did the guy make so many stick figures unless there are 100 layers, I dont know how he could. Anyways, if anyone could answer the above questions, it'd be greatly appreciated. ^^

Selkertic
01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
i got flash the same time igot ps and im so confused i dont get any of it so if u could post areal good flash tut for me thats be great thnx alot.

Cobra42
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
is that you on the photo cobra42?

well to blur i would recommend to use the BLUR tool.
what blur tool? and yes that is me in the pic =D

Entente
01-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Ahg.. I guess everyone is kinda busy huh?.. Well.. dont forget my questions up there..

lolkilla
01-22-2008, 05:17 PM
yeahs...
I made an easytoon and exported it into flash. what do i have to do to set it as my desktop background?

LN3uq
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM
First off, don't bother exporting it to flash.
Just find the animated gif you made in easytoon and set it as your background. Right click, properties, desktop, browse.

LN3uq
01-22-2008, 05:46 PM
what blur tool? and yes that is me in the pic =D
Apparently he's never used flash, as there is no blur tool in any version of flash.

You can only blur in two directions with flash, horizontal and vertical, so if you want anything else you're going to have to get someone else to do it for you in photoshop or do it there yourself if you have the program.

Anyway, to blur:

select everything you want to blur
while it's selected press F8 and name it whatever you want, make sure it's set to movieclip. Not button, not graphic, movieclip
So now there should be a blue box around the shit you're trying to blur.
Go to the bottom of your screen where the properties are for whatever tool you're using. Make sure your movieclip is still selected.
Click on the filters tab
Click the plus sign
Select blur
Change the x and y values and quality to get different settings for the blur, you should be able to figure that stuff out for yourself, it's pretty self explanitory

lolkilla
01-22-2008, 08:25 PM
when i do that, there is just a still image of the first frame.

LN3uq
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
That's cause you aren't previewing your animation correctly.

ctrl + enter

The blur should still show up, even in the workspace

if it doesn't, you're a lost cause.

mitsukai
02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Apparently he's never used flash, as there is no blur tool in any version of flash.

You can only blur in two directions with flash, horizontal and vertical,

To blur in other directions you need to no a little about x and y axis. What you have to do is move the slider up or odwn on each axis until you get it in the direction you want. It's kinda hard but its pretty much the only way to put the blur in the direction you want. ^^