PDA

View Full Version : improvments on my strategy

blu3blitz
03-10-2013, 10:19 PM
ok so i just played a some dude that was favored (i was using my secondary acc) so the map was forest (one of my favorite) and i went 3 miners, as i always do on gates grasshills and forest (sometimes ice world) so i went with my usualy set up get 3 miners then get another miner and set 5 on gold and 1 on mana, then keep getting miners till the pop is 18 and get miner hustle (he wasn't a rusher) and i scroll over the screen and am delighted to see that he has purchased castle archer (not being sarcastic) then i get a spearton and rush, when i get there his miners dont run but instead attack me, and after a few skirmishes (and no dead miners or speartons) he gets a spearton and 2 archers, mean while i have the middle 3 speartons all heavally wounded to the point where one 1-3 arrows would kill them and 2 healthy speartons and a meric and one spearton at base, so i attack and send my wounded back ((and after a few skirmishes) he quits, ik a replay wouldve helped much much more, but i forgot to save mine :/ post you suggestions (and i know many of you could rip this strategy apart)

jli
03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Ok first things first, the opening isn't the best. You should always battle for tower, and pumping out miners on every map except Grass Hills is pretty much unacceptable, unless your turtling skills are spectacular. Also, the first unit you should get is a swordwrath. Don't just tech straight up to spears, they're weak in the opening, especially against Rage. Next, The fact that his miners are attacking your speartons and not mining is great, you've succeeded in harassing his economy. Spam miners to make this advantage you have obtained even greater.

AND GET YOURSELF SOME SWORDS FOR PETE'S SAKE. THEY'RE USEFUL I SWEAR

blu3blitz
03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
well....ok yeah ik all about harrassing, but....ok yeah thanks for the ADVICE

ShadowyWhisper
03-12-2013, 03:32 PM
http://tny.cz/3ef1b8bb

Follow this exactly, except the beginning, middle, and end. Well, maybe not the end.

blu3blitz
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
well..NOW swordwraths are kinda useful