PDA

View Full Version : 3 Swords and 1 Miner

malbence
03-12-2013, 03:20 PM
I've been testing this out on an alt at around 1550 rating and what happens is:

Get 3 swords + 1 miner.
Set two beginning miners to pray.
When the third miner comes out, make it mine.
Get rage, stop praying and mine with all 3.

So it's just an idea and I'm still working on the main idea of what happens after that, but if you want to test it out and play with it that'd be cool! I'd like to see some results with it, post replays of failures and successes with it when you can. :)

ShadowyWhisper
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
I've tried the 1 miner praying, and it only comes 2 sec short of 2 miner praying. That's why I won.

blu3blitz
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
wow this strategy completely destroyed me once if it wasnt for my hidden albowtross strategy

jli
03-15-2013, 07:08 AM
I've been testing this out on an alt at around 1550 rating and what happens is:

Get 3 swords + 1 miner.
Set two beginning miners to pray.
When the third miner comes out, make it mine.
Get rage, stop praying and mine with all 3.

So it's just an idea and I'm still working on the main idea of what happens after that, but if you want to test it out and play with it that'd be cool! I'd like to see some results with it, post replays of failures and successes with it when you can. :)

Wait wait wait, I don't get how you're getting 3 swords and 1 miner at the beginning (3 * 125 + 1 * 150 = 525). Did they buff miners too?

Usman
03-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Wait wait wait, I don't get how you're getting 3 swords and 1 miner at the beginning (3 * 125 + 1 * 150 = 525). Did they buff miners too?

no, no ,no they didnt buff miners, but he said he didnt tried, it means that shadowy is also wrong that he tried.

jli
03-15-2013, 10:09 AM
But OP said he's been testing this out... How's he doing that?

Usman
03-15-2013, 11:14 AM
But OP said he's been testing this out... How's he doing that?

Yeah yeah, thats waht i said he must be lying? isnt it shadowy?

jli
03-15-2013, 11:56 AM
No, the OP is malbence. Still confused. Malbence, can you reply?

malbence
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Lol sorry I realized a while ago that I messed up by saying 3, but this was receiving so little response I felt no need to edit it. :P

The actual strategy now that I realize my mistake, is to make 2 swords and 1 miner, set both beginning miners to pray and the first purchased miner to gold, get rage, and make swords until you win/castle archer (although it couldn't hurt to alternate between miners and swords when you have enough army advantage, just in case).

ShadowyWhisper
03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
I never tested this... I was saying 1 miner praying only comes just short of 2 praying.

New strategy for Medium...

jli
03-15-2013, 05:30 PM
I never tested this... I was saying 1 miner praying only comes just short of 2 praying.

New strategy for Medium...

This is true. Malbence, I would suggest only one miner praying. Other than that, this is quite a solid strategy. I used to think it was easily countered by sword + archer, but with sufficient micro, it is possible to counter it.