PDA

View Full Version : SPIN3

bl3u
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/004/3/e/spin3__promo__by_guzfa-d5qh563.png (http://bl3uanims.deviantart.com/art/SPIN3-359182572?ga_submit_new=10%253A1363132185)

It's finally done, I can't thank you all enough for joining and being there 'till the end to show me all the support you have. #spin has become a second family to me, animating, having fun, talking, and just spending time together. I can't thank you enough... I really can't. On behalf of myself, Guz, and Yun. We are pleased to present... Spin3.

May take awhile to load. And there will be no Spin4. This is the end of the trilogy. And we thank you all for participating and entering.

BULLETHEAD
03-12-2013, 05:55 PM
WOOOO FIRST COMMENT DSAJFLAKSDJKLGSDFJKL;YJ <333 LOVE YOU BL3U I LOVE YOU . This has been a great run though. And fun as hell <3. Even though Spin has thrown the white flag up for good. I'll be with you guys until the end for the next big thing. <3

bl3u
03-12-2013, 06:14 PM
There were some issues,
Off synch sounds in parts 3 and 4
and the credits suddenly stop

I'll fix these as soon as possible for the best viewing experience.

BULLETHEAD
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
There were some issues,
Off synch sounds in parts 3 and 4
and the credits suddenly stop

I'll fix these as soon as possible for the best viewing experience.

Don't worry. I don't have anger management issues <3.

Alien
03-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Dude, there is plans for spin4 already...

WOOOOOO!IM SO HAPPY WE BROUGHT STICKPAGE THIS SHIT!

bl3u
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Dude, there is plans of spin4 already...

WOOOOOO!IM SO HAPPY WE BROUGHT STICKPAGE THIS SHIT!

No, there will be no official Spin4... A 4th almost always ruins a trilogy... Besides, spinning is done now. Leave it be and stop beating a dead horse.

Tocksique
03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Amazing! I loved the way it ended :P

Xero
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
No, there will be no official Spin4... A 4th almost always ruins a trilogy... Besides, spinning is done now. Leave it be and stop beating a dead horse.
It was basically beaten when Spin 3 was announced.

Mek's part was the best. Period.

Ezy
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Meh, yea.

Spin 1 was really good, Spin 2 was alright, but Spin3 made me sad. There were actually some really good parts, but most of them were pretty bad. Half of them didn't even spin and some just did one attack. I think I spent more time reading than watching sticks spin. Yea I know it's supposed to be fun but, cmon. The quality went down with each one made, but it's at rest now.

bl3u
03-12-2013, 06:45 PM
It was basically beaten when Spin 3 was announced.

Mek's part was the best. Period.

It's really rare for something to die off before the 3rd installment or being made a trilogy... I see what to you mean and I agree on some parts. This was personally my least favorite spin, but still the spin trilogy was amazing in itself.

Skyshark
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Meh, yea.

Spin 1 was really good, Spin 2 was alright, but Spin3 made me sad. There were actually some really good parts, but most of them were pretty bad. Half of them didn't even spin and some just did one attack. I think I spent more time reading than watching sticks spin. The quality went down with each one made, but it's at rest now.

Pretty much this, yeah. A lot of the parts just seemed half-assed, which is funny the first few times but loses its charm pretty quickly. Some parts were pretty damn good though -- as a whole, I think it could've been better, but it is what it is.

Nimbus
03-12-2013, 07:30 PM
There's a lot of people using sounds of Team Fortress :3

Fastmotion
03-12-2013, 08:11 PM
For some reason, I didn't have the same feeling as I did with Spin1 and 2

Yun
03-12-2013, 08:41 PM
This is why I should've just lead the whole thing alone since guz just let everyone in and bl3u was just moderating and shiz. :I

Tocksique
03-12-2013, 10:23 PM
This is why I should've just lead the whole thing alone since guz just let everyone in and bl3u was just moderating and shiz. :I
I guess Guz was just being nice to the other animators that wanted to join :/ To be honest, I'd prefer that this collab had good parts. Most of them seemed lazy and also just put no effort in them. They were basically just trying their best to be funny, instead of making a good entry. Don't get me wrong, I love all you animators, I sucked before too-I know there was a time limit and such-it's just that. It seemed half-assed most of the time....no offence...

Foscex
03-13-2013, 01:21 AM
lets just all be happy it ended here, and that we all had alot of fun rushing our spin parts to be as awesome as possible
i'm sure something simaler to this, but completly diffrent will be made
so
good job everybody
:D
thanks for hosting a cool collab like this guz yun and bl3u
i love all 6 of you
yes

Arch-Angel
03-13-2013, 01:47 AM
Got bored halfway through the first part and closed it out :/

Obsidium
03-13-2013, 02:02 AM
You know, dot still had it's share of shitty parts so yeah. Anywho the whole collab bored the shit out of me. No offense though.

Leokill
03-13-2013, 02:54 AM
Watched the whole thing. It was alright.

Didn't see the 1st and 2nd SPIN so I can't really compare them like how everyone else is doing.

poppetje3D
03-13-2013, 04:53 AM
So much dick. Yun. Most of the people dont really know whats the point of spin. Julermud explained it to me and that made me watch it to the end. Only when I get the idea of this collab I will find this entertaining x)

latranchedepain
03-14-2013, 02:41 PM
They didn't let me send an entry!

bl3u
03-14-2013, 06:35 PM

:1 I hate to point out the obvious Yun. But I let you lead... And you put the collab on hold multiple times. Due to that, the collab died. Hate to say it but there wouldn't have BEEN a Spin3 if you led it... Or thats just my assumption...

I knew spin3 wouldn't be welcomed that graciously. And I can even say this is my least favorite of the trilogy, perhaps I just enjoyed it for more then its worth at the thought that its all over now... Not in a negative way of course.

I suppose I can at least thank you all for bearing through this with us all XD

And thusly... Spin has come to an end.

Quik
03-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Tbh I thought Spins 1 was excellent, Spins 2 was horrible, and Spins 3 was disappointing...
This should have NEVER been touched by anyone other than Guz or changed at all...
Spins 1 was meant for simple fun and entertainment (which the same spirit was felt by the viewers) and nothing else... The whole Spins series went to shit when Guz let his friends get their hands on this collab and fuck it up by over hyping it and trying to immortalize it into some super collab of high quality...
The first was great because it was simple and fun and could be done in a repetitive fashion without getting old, these collabs tried the mainstream approach by adding annoyingly obvious song choices (why use music at all?) and allowing shitty half assed parts...

Spins shouldn't end it just shouldn't be mainstreamed and fucked over by others (who had no business organizing the collab in the first place) who didn't actually think of the idea...

Spins could be done over and over again as a simple anim as a fun way to keep animators engaged as long as it isn't clusterfucked into one big badly organized collab like Spins 2 and 3...

Hidro
03-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Despite having some good parts, the collab overall was not entertaining.
Yeah that's what I think about it.

Yukio
03-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Sometimes its better for things to die,this is one of those times.

Yun
03-14-2013, 09:07 PM
This should have NEVER been touched by anyone other than Guz or changed at all...
Spins 1 was meant for simple fun and entertainment (which the same spirit was felt by the viewers) and nothing else... The whole Spins series went to shit when Guz let his friends get their hands on this collab and fuck it up by over hyping it and trying to immortalize it into some super collab of high quality...

Actually, Guz stretched this out too much. bl3u said that we should've left it at SPIN2. But apparently, we end up being dragged in to it. I wanted high-quality guys, but Guz just let a lot of people in. I've left the collab on hold because of people not being online or flash file problems. bl3u compiled the whole thing including the credits. [ Guz did the compiling as well, but he just suddenly disappeared. ]

TL;DR : Guz was the main problem with the whole collab being a failure and being stretched out. He even wanted to continue to SPIN4, which a lot of us, including bl3u, disagreed with.

Tocksique
03-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Actually, Guz stretched this out too much. bl3u said that we should've left it at SPIN2. But apparently, we end up being dragged in to it. I wanted high-quality guys, but Guz just let a lot of people in. I've left the collab on hold because of people not being online or flash file problems. bl3u compiled the whole thing including the credits. [ Guz did the compiling as well, but he just suddenly disappeared. ]

TL;DR : Guz was the main problem with the whole collab being a failure and being stretched out. He even wanted to continue to SPIN4, which a lot of us, including bl3u, disagreed with.
Guz is a nice guy, he doesn't want anyone to feel bad because their part wasn't good enough, and I get that. I just feel like, sometimes, in order to have a beautiful result, you gotta do what you gotta do. And sometimes that includes being mean just to get the great parts only.