PDA

View Full Version : Pirates

T Man
05-31-2008, 03:35 AM
woo, after an exhausting night, i've made this...

http://antiup.net/view/2066

it's for a collab, and I'll post the collab link here soon.

btw, this is not my best, it was done in cs3 >:CCCCCCCCC

Gyohdon
05-31-2008, 03:36 AM
Holy shit dude,
That's fucking awesome.
I really want to see that collab.
Epic.

Ssjbryando
05-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Finally the As thing.

Nice nice, Looks very good, I love the background, much detail, also the effects are great!

unique
05-31-2008, 04:44 AM
Perfect.

Just, Perfect.

Drifts
05-31-2008, 05:04 AM
No flaws at all, that was incrediable, that exuasting night was worth it

Mesmay
05-31-2008, 05:23 AM
As much as I like it, I have to say-
I dont like the way the people just fall apart. I mean, somehow he manages to chop off both arms and both legs in one hit?
Meh.
Of course, you cant change that this time round, but perhaps its a thought for next time.

And by the way, why did the captain pretty much destroy his own ship? =3

Ssjbryando
05-31-2008, 05:32 AM
As much as I like it, I have to say-
I dont like the way the people just fall apart. I mean, somehow he manages to chop off both arms and both legs in one hit?
Meh.
Of course, you cant change that this time round, but perhaps its a thought for next time.

And by the way, why did the captain pretty much destroy his own ship? =3

Yes I thought that to, I didn't like that, you did that on 300 sticks the whoooole time as well. but now you have at least blood =3

But overall its good

Tolin
05-31-2008, 06:44 AM
When he killed the guy who told him where the captain was, the guy wasn't under the sword before he died. He was like laying on the ground, and suddenly, he was under the sword...? Watch it FBF if thet didn't made sense..
Also, the v-cam made it hard to see the captain die.

But I'm in love with your particels and blood!
So smooth and great..

Shanto
05-31-2008, 07:22 AM
One of the reasons why I love you, Tman.

BTW, ****ing great particles on the smoke of the canon.

Karthago
05-31-2008, 07:52 AM
holy shit. epic!

T Man
05-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you everyone C:

Concerns on exploding limbs..
This is basically my style >_> idk, i could touch it up a bit. but for now, i love it.

And concerns on vcam..
I totally agree with what you said, i may fix it, idk, i'll be very busy.

Concerns on guy on the ground..
It was a phailed attempt at humor. The guy was pretending to be dead, and then he like gets up and says "there" and the main guy kills him. I dunno what you mean otherwise than that.

thanks again

Spazmodan
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
I didn't really care about the little details everyone's been mentioning. It's effin' awesome!

Opted
05-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Although I don't particularly find the exploding limbs hits as entertaining
as some exchanged hits.

Most people seem to enjoy it, and it works well with lots of enemies.
Anyways, it's great that you have established an unique style for yourself.

The background layout was great. Sword effects were awesome.
Although the blood was up- par to the other things, personally, I think it would be better with some trails/puddles left on the ground.

Anyways, good job, thought the anim was great and fun to watch.
Keep making them. :U

Jousteh
05-31-2008, 12:42 PM
That was incredibly awesome.
Perfect easing and stuff.

Tolin
05-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Those frames are right after each other. It may look like the stick just appears under the sword..
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/Tolin_/Sleett-1.jpg
But after I payed a little more attention the the previos movements, it looks like the stick puches the other guy under the sword, I dunno..

mint
05-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Perfect in everyway, and I like how you made the sword have a little yellow trail. :]

Shanto
05-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Yes, the trail is epic!

Teach me how to do the trail, sir.

Prince of PIMPs
05-31-2008, 01:50 PM
nice ...

mraznbuddy
05-31-2008, 02:41 PM
HOLY

SHIT

blood and smoke was so good I watched that thing about 20 times. xD

hey mind sending me a tutorial or just the AS for the trails? It looks hawt. nice job :3

superbenjis
05-31-2008, 03:10 PM
Its very awsome.
Its just a bit too fast and i dont understand everything in the beggining..
You are a flash expert :)

STUFF
05-31-2008, 03:52 PM
Those frames are right after each other. It may look like the stick just appears under the sword..
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/Tolin_/Sleett-1.jpg
But after I payed a little more attention the the previos movements, it looks like the stick puches the other guy under the sword, I dunno..

Wow does that really bother you that much? It's two frames and it looks fine to me..

The blood looked really good and I liked how the captain breaks from the bottom of the ship. Although usually when I see "pirate", I think of a whole crew fighting another crew.

Tolin
05-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow does that really bother you that much? It's two frames and it looks fine to me..

The blood looked really good and I liked how the captain breaks from the bottom of the ship. Although usually when I see "pirate", I think of a whole crew fighting another crew.

Well, it looks that I'm bothered about it, I can see that now, but the post was mainly a way to explain my previous reply better..

Omega
05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey, you're doing the JustSolo thingy. Awesome.
Blood and water was pretty damn cool. You turned the blood into a movie clip and faded it with alpha, right?
Smoke was awesome too.
Everything is good. I don't really have to comment on the movements.

keeeep animating

Miccool
05-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Cool, your blood's improving.

T Man
05-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Although I don't particularly find the exploding limbs hits as entertaining
as some exchanged hits.

Most people seem to enjoy it, and it works well with lots of enemies.
Anyways, it's great that you have established an unique style for yourself.

The background layout was great. Sword effects were awesome.
Although the blood was up- par to the other things, personally, I think it would be better with some trails/puddles left on the ground.

Anyways, good job, thought the anim was great and fun to watch.
Keep making them. :U

Thank you so much opted C: I really enjoyed reading your comment!

Joust- Thank you C;

Tolin- I understand what you're saying. Just please don't let it bother you X_X

Mint- Thank you C:

Shanto- I sorta promised the guy i got it from to not show anyone :\. Sorry my number one fan

Pop- ok

Azn- thank you, but I can't :\ read shanto's comment.

Super- why thank you C:

Stuff- lmao, thank you. the part with the pirate coming out of the ship is just for creativity and experience.

Omega- yeap, you guessed it. thank you C:

Miccool- i hope you don't think i copied your blood with the alpha if that's what your comment was about. It just looked to stiff and not like liquid without it.. and i had already done some alphaing with other parts of it, so i just decided in the spare moment to do so.

thank you everyone!

Omega
05-31-2008, 08:15 PM
How did you make the trees and the sky in the background so hazy? Did you blur them?

Kitsune
05-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Shanto- I sorta promised the guy i got it from to not show anyone :\. Sorry my number one fan

???

I'll find this out myself. I really would like to know. I know it's a filter trail....

Omega
05-31-2008, 08:25 PM
???

I'll find this out myself. I really would like to know. I know it's a filter trail....

I guess you could email JustSolo for the ActionScript.

Or, you could actually animate it yourself. That would take quite a bit of time, though.

T Man
05-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I guess you could email JustSolo for the ActionScript.

Or, you could actually animate it yourself. That would take quite a bit of time, though.

DONT TELL ANYONE WHERE TO GET IT PLEASE

andddddd i have a secret with my bgs C:

Omega
05-31-2008, 08:34 PM

lolololol

Yeah, I had a hunch you wouldn't tell me. I asked the same thing about one of your SPP competition screenies and you wouldn't tell me >:(

Unless you used some program outside of Flash, I'm pretty confused as to how you make the background look like that.

T Man
05-31-2008, 09:46 PM
lolololol

Yeah, I had a hunch you wouldn't tell me. I asked the same thing about one of your SPP competition screenies and you wouldn't tell me >:(

Unless you used some program outside of Flash, I'm pretty confused as to how you make the background look like that.

All flash 8 C:

Kitsune
05-31-2008, 09:48 PM
It's actionscript.

SSOutPhase
05-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Tha background was extra shiny...you got some fine ass quality man. Sweet, smooth action man. I can't wait for your SPP entry.

Miccool
05-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Miccool- i hope you don't think i copied your blood with the alpha if that's what your comment was about. It just looked to stiff and not like liquid without it.. and i had already done some alphaing with other parts of it, so i just decided in the spare moment to do so.

Nah, I'm just saying I think your blood in general is improving. >_>

And don't worry about the alpha thing.. I basically took the idea when I saw antix do it a while ago. lol

_slanted_
05-31-2008, 10:17 PM

you really like to not help us learn the ownage stuff huh? nice animation though

Miccool
05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Tell me how to do the sword fx. You owe me. >_>

Nukem
05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
uh oh.... I spotted one flaw at the end. It was when the guy stabbed the captain. the sword looked like it was on top of him.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1926/oopsel1.jpg
but it was a epic flash. I'd give it 9.99/10

Strife
05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Lol, he didn't even make the AS for the trails..

Good anim, it was hawt

T Man
06-01-2008, 01:27 AM
I never said i did make the as mang.
but some people do suppose that i did. i'll make sure taht it's clear.

thanks everyone.

mraznbuddy
06-01-2008, 01:38 AM
hmm..if i can't get the AS from you. I'll be at google if you need me :D

btw I doubt you make the background in flash do you? O_= meaning like the very back background, the sky. I don't think flash can blur like that

edit: actually I take the last statement back lol.
but why is there an electric sound when the captain dies? :D

Vortex
06-01-2008, 02:04 AM
woah !!
holy shit so f***ing awesome

Lixu
06-01-2008, 02:16 AM
Very good job! Nice swords effects, and the cannon shot was great.

Upps
06-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Omega Epicness.

Lixu
06-01-2008, 03:27 AM
lol, Pirate must feel honored to have such a cool tribute.

xFich
06-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Perfect i think i will download the trail ;D Youre the best :)

ragingrasengan
06-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Nice, srsly, that was epic, but one thing, the blood looks a bit i dunno, just something about it fells wrong, it not ruining the anim its just , bah, cant put my finger on it but its just something, the rest was epic, particles were ok, the blood was good but there are some places where i feel that something aint right. Maybeh its just me, correct me if im wrong, r3al 3pic.

fitzy
06-01-2008, 08:43 AM
frikk...that cannon shot is absolutely awesome.
the background is cool.
almost everything about it is awesome. good job...

T Man
06-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Thank you everyone C:

raging- yeah i know what you mean about blood. It is deffinately not my strong point. I can tell you that. I actually haven't animated blood since 5 monthes ago +

Well, if you count me half doing blood on entanglement (just realized)

xirmi
06-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Ah complete awesomeness...

Nukem
06-01-2008, 12:10 PM
(did anybody notice my post?)

T Man
06-01-2008, 12:22 PM
uh oh.... I spotted one flaw at the end. It was when the guy stabbed the captain. the sword looked like it was on top of him.
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1926/oopsel1.jpg
but it was a epic flash. I'd give it 9.99/10

well that's just a layer issue :C

Nukem
06-01-2008, 12:24 PM
well that's just a layer issue :C
I understand. an anim with that many layers, I would probably f*** up the entire thing.

Strife
06-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Well maybe you should give credit to justsolo D:?

Ssjbryando
06-02-2008, 07:59 AM
I got the AS nanana, but no one is gettting it lolz. asking justsolo to use it >:[ if he ever comes online.

Jeez guys, why try so hard for such stupid little flaws, look at shock it has 10s of flaws, the same is with every movie T__T

Strills
06-02-2008, 08:41 AM
It was epic.

Though, I'm not in love with the blood.

Kitsune
06-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I got the AS nanana, but no one is gettting it lolz. asking justsolo to use it >:[ if he ever comes online.
I asked TMan if I could get the effect. I wasn't surprised when he ignored my request. I find it quite idiotic for him to even think that keeping such matters away from people would benefit him, or giving such info out would harm anyone. The only risk is it being publically given out for noobs to overuse.

If I had the little effect I would not use it in every motion trail possible or in swords like some of you normal stick animators would. I'd use it for rare simple benefit of the possibility. A shooting Star? A tool for a more realistic motion blur?

But we must not have it because animators remain silent about their so-called secrets.

I am trying to develop my own unique style, and am trying to find the tools to make one.

I'll just find out myself if Tman, SSJ, and the others will keep there selfish mouths shut.

STUFF
06-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Man, don't bitch in the guy's thread

Ssjbryando
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
I asked TMan if I could get the effect. I wasn't surprised when he ignored my request. I find it quite idiotic for him to even think that keeping such matters away from people would benefit him, or giving such info out would harm anyone. The only risk is it being publically given out for noobs to overuse.

If I had the little effect I would not use it in every motion trail possible or in swords like some of you normal stick animators would. I'd use it for rare simple benefit of the possibility. A shooting Star? A tool for a more realistic motion blur?

But we must not have it because animators remain silent about their so-called secrets.

I am trying to develop my own unique style, and am trying to find the tools to make one.

I'll just find out myself if Tman, SSJ, and the others will keep there selfish mouths shut.

DUDE lol. im not being selfish, what do you expect TMAN to do? Justsolo made this effect himself with much trouble, its an advance thing, He probably said to keep it secret, cause he doesn't want everyone to use it. If tman would give it away like that, all the noobs would have it, Also then TMAN would probably betray him by doing so.

T__T I respect him, so I ask him before Using it. instead of giving it away or something =o

comeone, if you had some really special stuff, would you give all your secrets and awesome effects away like that? Same with his backgrounds skills or something, but thats a different story. =D

I love to share, but its also cool, to have something unique, instead of everyone using it.

Omega
06-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Omega Epicness.

Never again. Never.

Kitsune, you don't need to really point out that people are trying to keep their 'secret' techniques of animating. Truth be told, no one wants to actually give away tips on how they exactly do the things they do. I mean, do you see Terkoiz giving away free fla. files of Shock 2?

EDIT: Nevermind, you can just fbf Shock 2's fighting.

T Man
06-02-2008, 05:26 PM

First of all, i didn't ignor you. I opened your pm at school and forgot to answer you when i got home. It's kind of obvious that I wouldn't give out a secret like this to everyone. Just solo thought he could trust me with this script, so i must carry on that character i proposed to him.

I don't understand how you can think of me as being selfish. I help almost everyone via msn. People look to me for help a ton, and I give it to them, even though I'm doing hw almost 2 hours a day.

Also, what would make an animator effective with their skills if they gave away their secrets? I have many secrets with my effects and backgrounds that separates me from many people on this forum (not trying to sound like a complete ass) not because of how I execute it, but how I imply it. I do things my own way, and I have made my own style (implying that just solo's script with the sword was a last minute thing for a touch).

Now i can't go back on Just solo, and make him regret his decision for giving me a script that is so useful. No.

Now, i used to have respect for you, but seeing how people react over an internet is just amazing.

Cicada
06-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Give Me Script Yo

Ssjbryando
06-03-2008, 12:11 AM
First of all, i didn't ignor you. I opened your pm at school and forgot to answer you when i got home. It's kind of obvious that I wouldn't give out a secret like this to everyone. Just solo thought he could trust me with this script, so i must carry on that character i proposed to him.

I don't understand how you can think of me as being selfish. I help almost everyone via msn. People look to me for help a ton, and I give it to them, even though I'm doing hw almost 2 hours a day.

Also, what would make an animator effective with their skills if they gave away their secrets? I have many secrets with my effects and backgrounds that separates me from many people on this forum (not trying to sound like a complete ass) not because of how I execute it, but how I imply it. I do things my own way, and I have made my own style (implying that just solo's script with the sword was a last minute thing for a touch).

Now i can't go back on Just solo, and make him regret his decision for giving me a script that is so useful. No.

Now, i used to have respect for you, but seeing how people react over an internet is just amazing.

LIKE I SAID lol. Does no one have decompiler btw? Just a curious question >__> <___< Guess im the only ill''legal'' person? D: HEY SHUT UP IM LEGAL.
anyways, Are you working on something else btw? Exept the stickpage thing?

demon30
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Really cool! the smoke of the cannon was just Epic. and the thing with peolpe falling apart is ok, it's just unrealistic =)

Mcteks
06-03-2008, 02:12 PM
http://esum.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/serious.jpg
yeah >_>

Kitsune
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM

You're right. My post was shameful. I was just a bit pissed at other things as well when typing that. :( I know I shouldn't have this code because I didn't work to get it myself. I'm just trying to get in "touches" as you say. I would try to get my own style now, but I can't really draw with my hand. :(

Excuse me for bothering you about it. I'll get my own tools for my style when my hand heals in about a week.

(I don't understand, however, that you think I know your MSN life. Gimme your msn?)

*Respect restored?*

lol

And I forgot to C&C it!

Otherwise it's a nice animation. The people who are knit-picking or whatever at every insignificant (insignificant being the key word) imperfection is being ridiculous. If one would make a career out of animating (which I plan to. :D!!) people don't look for imperfections in an animation, they look for the things that wow them. You really have it down with motions, effects, plagiarized scripts (lol jk), and the other things that make your animations so nice.

Keep it that way. You DO have an awesome style which brings you to the peak of this forum's animators. It's not perfect, which means you should still work on it yo at least try at the seemingly impossible for the "Perfect ani".

http://esum.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/serious.jpg
yeah >_>
Get out.

T Man
06-03-2008, 04:53 PM
*tman smiles.

thank you C:

I see how you were feeling, i totally understand.
and thanks for the C&C.

well, I'm pming you my msn. (even though it says on my public profile lmao)

Kitsune
06-03-2008, 05:01 PM
*tman smiles.

thank you C:

I see how you were feeling, i totally understand.
and thanks for the C&C.

well, I'm pming you my msn. (even though it says on my public profile lmao)

Lol, I didn't notice the msn thing. :3

Thanks!