PDA

View Full Version : Flow test.

KyZ
03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm aware that a lot of my previous animations lacked 'flow' so I decided to practice that.

Anim - http://www.fileize.com/view/88a05b6d-3a6/

I'm aware it looks a bit choppy, I animated it with a mouse. I ordered a new Tablet yesterday, should be here monday. Hopefully I can practice a bit more then.

Cruel
03-14-2013, 04:25 PM
ALOT of animators use mouse, not really an excuse. But it wasn't bad, you still need a lot of work on flow though. :)

KyZ
03-14-2013, 04:29 PM
ALOT of animators use mouse, not really an excuse. But it wasn't bad, you still need a lot of work on flow though. :)
I understand it's not an excuse, but I've never used mouse in the past; only in my first week of animating.

But thanks for the feedback, you're animations have always had great flow so I trust your response. :)

Cruel
03-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I understand it's not an excuse, but I've never used mouse in the past; only in my first week of animating.

But thanks for the feedback, you're animations have always had great flow so I trust your response. :)

Lol I suck at flow actually xD thanks though.

One way to make it flow (I try and do this anyway) is that I make a set number of frames between each hit, so lets say I want 30 fps and a really fast paced set of punches. I make the limit 5-6 frames in between each hit and double frame the hit itself, then do it again for the next move and space it evenly. I have trouble with foot placement when I make combos though. :P You will get better as you practice more :)

Syclone903
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
The animation window was very big.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, his body looks like the individual pieces have lives of their own, his body position didn't really change when he kicked. Practice makes perfect!

Molgera
03-15-2013, 06:00 PM
looks good. the animation is smooth.

KyZ
03-15-2013, 06:27 PM
The animation window was very big.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, his body looks like the individual pieces have lives of their own, his body position didn't really change when he kicked. Practice makes perfect!
That's actually a good point, I'll work on it, thanks.

Amf
03-15-2013, 07:54 PM
a big problem with your flow in that animation was that all his force was going to the right and then suddently goes the opposite direction, didnt flow and the moves did not link together well.