PDA

View Full Version : Help Against Swordwrath With Rage Massers

merich1
03-16-2013, 08:46 PM
So... yeah, the title says it all. How do you stop them? There must be an easy strategy that I'm missing.

By the way, they do have a bunch of Merics and Archidons supporting the Swordwrath.

jli
03-16-2013, 08:59 PM
So... yeah, the title says it all. How do you stop them? There must be an easy strategy that I'm missing.

By the way, they do have a bunch of Merics and Archidons supporting the Swordwrath.

Replay please. Also, in general, Magikill counters any mass.

Usman
03-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Replay please. Also, in general, Magikill counters any mass.

Same I also countered these type of people they dont give time to build magikill

jli
03-16-2013, 10:15 PM
As I said before, a replay would really help. But either way, sword with rage mass has become the de facto standard opening-wise. If you aren't using it already, well, you should be. And if you're still losing, that means your micro needs work.

blu3blitz
03-17-2013, 01:10 AM
What about shadowrath mass?

Bladed Fire
03-17-2013, 01:14 AM
You see my replay at the replay codes thread. It helps a bit.

merich1
03-17-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks everybody. I forgot to save the replay... :(

jli
03-17-2013, 10:53 AM

Albows with blazing bolts usually works.

THEFORCE
03-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Albows with blazing bolts usually works.

No, the enemy could use swords as meat shield and archers as attackers for the albows, but this could work in a mix with spears, as they attack archers which would make the opponent give away his meat shield to kill the spears which would result in merics dying or run the archers and stay with swordwraths.

I think the best way is mix of magikill merics and albows.

Invincitron
03-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi reader,

No, the enemy could use swords as meat shield and archers as attackers for the albows, but this could work in a mix with spears, as they attack archers which would make the opponent give away his meat shield to kill the spears which would result in merics dying or run the archers and stay with swordwraths.

I think jli was responding to blu3blitz. jli and blu3blitz were talking about a SHADOWRATH mass...

.:Invincitron:.

jli
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Yeah, what Invincitron said. I used the quote function for a reason...

Anyway, are we really still talking about sword massers?
Swords are countered by magikill, and kiting ranged units.

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry, is this actually related to the topic?

KrayZStick
03-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Shadowy, stfu.

You counter any kind of mass with magikills, and their counters.
For example:
Sword < Archidon
Spear < Albatross
Giant < Sword/Spear mass (Although, I prefer just spamming my own giants, then I'd have more than them)
Albatross < Archidon
Shadowrath < Any range units
Magikill < Shadowrath
Archidon < Spearton
You get it basically, right?

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
How... is Archidon better than Allbowtross, and Spearton is better than Archidon, but Spearton is less than Allbowtross? I believe that is a ring of contradictions.

jli
03-17-2013, 06:24 PM
No, it's a standard ring of hard counters that is present in pretty much any RTS.
Spearton -> Archidon -> Albatross -> Spearton

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Yet another contradiction. If Spearton is better than Archidon, and Archidon is better than a Spearton, then why is the Spearton less than the Allbowtross. Put that more carefully.

jli
03-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Yet another contradiction. If Spearton is better than Archidon, and Archidon is better than a Spearton, then why is the Spearton less than the Allbowtross. Put that more carefully.

...Do you read your own posts?
"why is the Spearton less than the Allbowtross"
Er... because the spearton can't attack the albatross...

There is no contradiction. Archer + fire arrow = anti-air unit. End of story.

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Whoops. Sorry, I had to rush that. I'll repeat it. If Spearton is better than Archidon, and Archidon is better than Allbowtross, then why is Allbowtross better than Spearton. It's like saying:

A: Strongest
B: Middle
C: Weakest

A beats B, and B beats C, then why does C beat A? It doesn't logically work.

DragonFrost
03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Of course it logically works you noob. Think of it like those circles. A beats b because they were designed to counter that unit. B beats c because they were designed to counter that unit. C beats a because they were designed to.

What I'm saying: you aren't thinking right. Is not about strongest, middle, weakest, it's about being able to counter a unit.

jli
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Whoops. Sorry, I had to rush that. I'll repeat it. If Spearton is better than Archidon, and Archidon is better than Allbowtross, then why is Allbowtross better than Spearton. It's like saying:

A: Strongest
B: Middle
C: Weakest

A beats B, and B beats C, then why does C beat A? It doesn't logically work.

Yes, it does logically work. To assert that "A beats B" is different than to assert that "A is better than B".

ShadowyWhisper
03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
... You're right, sorry. My mind is screwed up, so many exams tomorrow and all night's studying for things I'm not supposed to even study yet.

PUMU
03-20-2013, 09:21 AM
when vs chaos...

YQ2012
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Maybe...but dun use Shinobi on em'...Otherwise...WASTED!!! Harass economy with it instead...

YQ2012
04-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Not gud enuff...u need speartons 2...

Narsheh
04-14-2013, 11:47 PM
To counter Swordwrath mass:
- Get a balanced army. 2 Magikills (just in case 1 dies), an army of Speartons, and especially Flying Crossbowmen with blazing bolts. These will surely kill off all the Swordwraths and Archidons. Be sure to use all of the Magikill's spells.

To counter Shadowwrath Mass:
- Get Giants and Flying Crossbowmen. Giants stun the Shadowwraths from trying to attack your base and running away, and Shadowwraths can't attack flying units, obviously. And use a wall too, so Shadowwraths can't cross over your valuable units.

I am a former Shadowwrath and Swordwrath masser, what a coincidence! :D

DragonFrost
04-15-2013, 07:01 AM
To counter Swordwrath mass:
- Get a balanced army. 2 Magikills (just in case 1 dies), an army of Speartons, and especially Flying Crossbowmen with blazing bolts. These will surely kill off all the Swordwraths and Archidons. Be sure to use all of the Magikill's spells.

To counter Shadowwrath Mass:
- Get Giants and Flying Crossbowmen. Giants stun the Shadowwraths from trying to attack your base and running away, and Shadowwraths can't attack flying units, obviously. And use a wall too, so Shadowwraths can't cross over your valuable units.

I am a former Shadowwrath and Swordwrath masser, what a coincidence! :D

HM, sword and archer mass + a few ninjas : you lose. Swords PWN giants, archidons PWN albow, ninja PWN magikill, swords PWN speartons, archidons PWN speartons (kite)