PDA

View Full Version : Banana Peel Collab

_slanted_
05-31-2008, 04:53 PM
BANANA PEEL COLLAB

rules:
------------------
-make an animation about anything from slipping to eating as long as it involves a banana peel. I'm looking for animations more geared toward slipping and falling, or something along those lines, but be creative, and do whatever you want with a banana or bananapeel.

-stick or full-body, if stick please use only black stick figures

-no set background

-550x400

-16fps

-name goes on the top right, please break apart text

-don't add music, if you want/need sound effects you may add them, I'm going to add the music

-make 2-10 seconds of animation

-due June 31st(I understand many experienced animators are doing the spp comp thing so i may have to extend the due date)
------------------

------------------
ENTRANTS
------------------
- = no entry submitted yet
$ = has submitted an entry
$ = has submitted an entry but i don not have their .fla
? = Might submit something/unsure if they can or not
X = Dropped out
*multiple symbols stand for multiple entries each stands for it's own entry*

$ slanted
$ die321
$ Puddles1000
$ xekia
$ storm_is_kool
$ abraham64n
$ bluecorvette25
- brian c
- EDWARD0
- rarrar
? ultimate stickman
? ixintro
X kitsune
X raffi
X shanto
X themillz
------------------
***I almost forgot, all entrants who have a newgrounds account should add me as a portal buddy on newgrounds and tell me their name so i can add them, that way I can set up the co-authors when I put this on newgrounds, thank you.(my newgrounds name is slanted2 to be a co author you must add me as a portal buddy)***

Rather Cheesy
05-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Your collabs laid out well, but your idea doesn't allow for much creativeness. try to find a way to have endless possibilities in your collab ideas.

*The Collab Messiah watches this thread with interest*

_slanted_
05-31-2008, 07:57 PM
thx for the pointers and I'll edit my idea a little for this to alow endless options.

BTW i felt the need to want to watch your spp contest entry, good luck and could you jion my collab maybe others will follow?

Rather Cheesy
05-31-2008, 08:23 PM
I can't, if you want to see my entry I have to work on it. So I don't have time for collabs. Its just not a good time to make a collab. Sorry.

Kitsune
05-31-2008, 08:50 PM
I might join if I have time.

*Possible Future Successor of Collab Messiah watches this thread with interest and will probably make an awesome ****ing entry for my friend's collab*

Rather Cheesy
05-31-2008, 08:57 PM
I might join if I have time.

*Possible Future Successor of Collab Messiah watches this thread with interest and will probably make an awesome ****ing entry for my friend's collab*

*Bitchslaps* BLASPHEMY! Only the true messiah may comment upon collabs in such form!

Upps
05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I might join...I'll give it a shot. Can i use pivot ?

_slanted_
05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
you can use pivot if you're really good at pivot, or if you can't use flash.

Kitsune
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
*Bitchslaps* BLASPHEMY! Only the true messiah may comment upon collabs in such form!

*Accepts bitchslap*

I'm sorry!

Raffi
06-01-2008, 04:46 AM
Yay, a fun collab!

I'll be in.

_slanted_
06-01-2008, 11:12 AM
ok raffi your in.

Shanto
06-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm in maet.
I have an idea...

_slanted_
06-01-2008, 02:02 PM
I almost forgot, all entrants who have a newgrounds account should add me as a portal buddy on newgrounds and tell me their name so i can add them, that way I can set up the co-authors when I put this on newgrounds, thank you.

also I understand many experienced animators are doing the spp comp thing so i may have to extend the due date, if we don't have a sufficient amount of entries.

Shanto
06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
My newgrounds account is Shantoflare.

Puddles1000
06-01-2008, 08:22 PM
In I like bananas

Index
06-01-2008, 11:29 PM
In.

Should I post the animation in this thread?

_slanted_
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
ya you should post the animation on this thread it will be easier for me to find it than in the flash section, but if you want to get advice to improve it you should also post it in the flash section.

Kitsune
06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Nice. Getting some good numbers on your side. (Slanted's NG account is Slanted2)

Now get a clock!

>:3

Nukem
06-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Can I join with pivot?

Kitsune
06-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Can I join with pivot?

If you're good, then maybe. If you learned to animate recently, think Pivot is the sheeznit, and have made only a few mini small stick**** toons then on slanted's behalf, I am compelled to say: fuck off.

Otherwise, I'm sure slanted will let you in.

Nukem
06-02-2008, 05:12 PM
I've been animating for about a year or so now.
here is a sample of my work here (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7546/junglecollabanimsu1.gif)

Index
06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
ya you should post the animation on this thread it will be easier for me to find it than in the flash section, but if you want to get advice to improve it you should also post it in the flash section.

Does this work

http://antiup.net/view/2491

_slanted_
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I've been animating for about a year or so now.
here is a sample of my work here (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7546/junglecollabanimsu1.gif)

there is no requirement for skill level in this collab if you want to join all you have to do is say so, you can use pivot if you can't use or are bad at flash

Does this work

http://antiup.net/view/2491

that works as for the animation, but I'm going to need a FLA file to add it to the collab, and on that note entrants please name your objects it will really save some time when i collab because i won't have to change them for you.

Index
06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
that works as for the animation, but I'm going to need a FLA file to add it to the collab, and on that note entrants please name your objects it will really save some time when i collab because i won't have to change them for you.

http://antiup.net/view/2499

Vincent
06-02-2008, 08:13 PM
sure... i'll join... why the hell not...

jimmdawin
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
can i join
????????????????

Vincent
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Done... pmed... moving on...

Nukem
06-02-2008, 09:05 PM
What should the music be? (maybe the bannana phone song? its annoying as hell, but fits with the theme)

Vincent
06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
no, no, no, and maybe no...
that song it Guitarted.

storm_is_kool
06-03-2008, 12:35 AM
i'll join thats if this animation is still going on....

and here is my animation I know it sucks but here it is

http://www.*************/open/1212467955

_slanted_
06-03-2008, 03:45 PM
can i join
????????????????
yes of course you can jion

UPDATE
please note that if you do not like the quality of your animation you can always resubmit an updated version, i will add the most recently updated animation i have received to the collab on july 1st when the due date has passed, on that note i will need to have the .FLA of all entries to add them to the collab you can post them on this thread or pm them to me.

Kitsune
06-03-2008, 06:19 PM
yes of course you can jion

UPDATE
please note that if you do not like the quality of your animation you can always resubmit an updated version, i will add the most recently updated animation i have received to the collab on july 1st when the due date has passed, on that note i will need to have the .FLA of all entries to add them to the collab you can post them on this thread or pm them to me.

Let me shorten this for the three other than slanted that are done. (of course my opinion)

To be honest, what the ****.

Do you really expect slanted to post that along with his work, and among people who worked balls hard to make their own? Those clips show no effort and no skill. I've seen bad animations but these really need improvement, especially from you, Brian. I've seen way better from you.

I hope slanted makes an unused section. If so, I hope you all make new entries, or revise them so you can show effort to be in a collab worth being in.

I'll animate mine in a few days when my hand gets better.

Tronika
06-03-2008, 06:24 PM
are the entrants full? if not
i wanna be in!

_slanted_
06-03-2008, 06:35 PM
sure you can jion

also what kitsune said only louder and with more offensive jokes, and yes there will be an unused section.

Kitsune
06-03-2008, 06:58 PM
sure you can jion

also what kitsune said only louder and with more offensive jokes, and yes there will be an unused section.

lol unneeded.

I suggest, for your own pride's sake, you guys make something new.

Index
06-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Let me shorten this for the three other than slanted that are done. (of course my opinion)

To be honest, what the ****.

Do you really expect slanted to post that along with his work, and among people who worked balls hard to make their own? Those clips show no effort and no skill. I've seen bad animations but these really need improvement, especially from you, Brian. I've seen way better from you.

I hope slanted makes an unused section. If so, I hope you all make new entries, or revise them so you can show effort to be in a collab worth being in.

I'll animate mine in a few days when my hand gets better.

Kitsune, if you don't like my animation you can shut up about it. I take that comment very offensive. Fuck off.

Kitsune
06-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Kitsune, if you don't like my animation you can shut up about it. I take that comment very offensive. Fuck off.
I look back, and must say yours is much better than the other two. In comparison it's okay, but the idea is unoriginal, the banana looks sort of retarded, and it's a bit short to be honest.

Sorry for including you, for it actually is close to decent, but obviously still needs work, and I do not regret my posts, nor will I apologize, for you could have done way better with this.

And I can shut up about an animation that deserves to be alongside good animators. Using impact text and gay bananas are now way to make a good aniamtion.

_slanted_
06-04-2008, 08:04 PM
he wasn't saying you suck he was saying you should work harder on your animation, you still have a long time to improve it, and you probably should.

Kitsune
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
he wasn't saying you suck he was saying you should work harder on your animation, you still have a long time to improve it, and you probably should.

Which you didn't last time in monochrome, and gave up. You should really consider editing to make your animation nicer.

Index
06-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I look back, and must say yours is much better than the other two. In comparison it's okay, but the idea is unoriginal, the banana looks sort of retarded, and it's a bit short to be honest.
Sorry if you don't like my banana, but anyway, it's how I draw and I don't give a shit.

Sorry for including you, for it actually is close to decent, but obviously still needs work, and I do not regret my posts, nor will I apologize, for you could have done way better with this.
You know what, I'm sorry if I'm not a great animator, but I TRIED MY BEST.

And I can shut up about an animation that deserves to be alongside good animators. Using impact text and gay bananas are now way to make a good aniamtion.

Who cares what font of text I used? And "gay bananas? The ****ing collab is ABOUT bananas, asshole. And I don't care if you don't apologize, but pointing that out is ****ing rude and makes me think you're a stubborn asshole.

I took it extremely offensive when you named me out as putting "balls effort" into my animation.

_slanted_
06-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Who cares what font of text I used? And "gay bananas? The ****ing collab is ABOUT bananas, asshole. And I don't care if you don't apologize, but pointing that out is ****ing rude and makes me think you're a stubborn asshole.

I took it extremely offensive when you named me out as putting "balls effort" into my animation.

edit it or don't, i don't give a shit what you do just don't post about how he offended you take his criticism and improve your animation.

Index
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
edit it or don't, i don't give a shit what you do just don't post about how he offended you take his criticism and improve your animation.

Criticism isn't bashing someones animation. All he did was tell me my banana is "gay and retarded", and that I put balls effort in my animation. He also told me that he didn't like the font impact. Thanks a lot kitsune!

And also, I've been editing it as we speak >.>

_slanted_
06-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Criticism isn't bashing someones animation. All he did was tell me my banana is "gay and retarded", and that I put balls effort in my animation. He also told me that he didn't like the font impact. Thanks a lot kitsune!

And also, I've been editing it as we speak >.>

he was trying to say you should:
1. change your name icon maybe draw it in your own font
2. make your banana look better

Index
06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
he was trying to say you should:
1. change your name icon maybe draw it in your own font
2. make your banana look better

I'm actually going to delete the text part and continue it from there, and the banana is going to do something in which you'll see when I'm done...

I also removed the tweens and animated fbf on those parts. (other than the banana falling down) e.g., when the guy reaches to pick up the banana.

Puddles1000
06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey, i finished, in about half an hour lawl. Its good though.

Index
06-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm at 6.6 seconds.. all I have to do is color some of it, add blood at one part, and do the ending...

Kitsune
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm actually going to delete the text part and continue it from there, and the banana is going to do something in which you'll see when I'm done...

I also removed the tweens and animated fbf on those parts. (other than the banana falling down) e.g., when the guy reaches to pick up the banana.
It's awesome that you're editing it. fbf always looks impressive, and the text is expendable to say the least, so you're doing good so far.

I'm at 6.6 seconds.. all I have to do is color some of it, add blood at one part, and do the ending...
Nice. Perhaps the banana having a motion while shooting the beam? a glow on the beam would take about 2 minutes to do if you seperated the beam into a layer. Copy& paste frames into a movie clip, put a glow on the clip, put it in a single keyframe with the duration's frames in front.

EEEEAsssssy street.

Hey, i finished, in about half an hour lawl. Its good though.

You better hope...

:Undercover:

Blot
06-05-2008, 06:24 AM
any chance i can join? or r there no spots left

Kitsune
06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
any chance i can join? or r there no spots left

There are spots left. Work on it now.

_slanted_
06-05-2008, 03:43 PM
the collab is starting to come along, don't worry there is still plenty of time to enter, and if you have asked to enter and are not on the list of animators just complain about it so i remember you.

Index
06-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Can you take the link to mine out, because thats not the one I'm doing.. I'm editing it, remember?

Thanks

Blot
06-06-2008, 10:20 AM
can anyone send me the banana sick for pivot

_slanted_
06-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Can you take the link to mine out, because thats not the one I'm doing.. I'm editing it, remember?

Thanks
consider it done

make one?

Kitsune
06-06-2008, 06:56 PM

There is none here. Check droidz.org or make your own.

rarrar
06-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Mind if I join? working on 20 posts

Kitsune
06-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I would mind if it was my collab.

:P jk.

You know how to animate?

rarrar
06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
yup. Flash 8. I've been doing it for a while but I stopped I just started up again. I'm a little rusty but they look okay. I also know some basic action scripting

_slanted_
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM

you can jion sure

_slanted_
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
_BUMP_

reminding all who entered the due date is the 30TH it's getting close to the half way point so i thought I'd let it be known.

bluecorvette25
06-15-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm in!
if its not too late...

Kitsune
06-15-2008, 01:25 AM
_BUMP_

reminding all who entered the due date is the 30TH it's getting close to the half way point so i thought I'd let it be known.

I'm in!
if its not too late...

What DO these posts have in common!?

bluecorvette25
06-15-2008, 02:37 AM
I wasn't sure if there were a limited number of spots opened up..

_slanted_
06-15-2008, 10:17 AM
your in don't worry about it, just make sure you submit something good.

Raffi
06-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm dropping out, sorry.

bluecorvette25
06-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Hows this so far? i plan to add a few sound FX and maybe some blood but we'll see how that goes.

Any tips for improvement?

http://antiup.net/view/4139/

EDIT:
Heres the link with sound FX i gave a few shots at blood and eventually gave up.
http://antiup.net/view/4701/

_slanted_
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
looking good blue hope to see it finished

_slanted_
06-22-2008, 01:01 PM
_bump_

sry about the double post, just wanted to remind everyone who has not submitted an entry you have until the end of the month.

bluecorvette25
06-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Why havent u put my name up yet i already submitted?

_slanted_
06-22-2008, 11:56 PM
oh sry my bad i thought i did, ill do it now

N T
03-23-2009, 09:20 AM
umm... i'm in i guess.. nothin else to do but school homework =)

N T
03-23-2009, 09:23 AM
wut do you mean by 16fps?

.Aklemo.
03-23-2009, 10:05 AM
1. This thread was made in May 31st 2008, you bumped it.
2. FPS = Frames Per Second , i.e. basically how fast your animation should be [You'll find it in the bar below.]
3. Well, don't do it again.

N T
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
lol... 2008.... stupid me

Fries
03-28-2009, 01:47 PM
yeah...u got that right

RawGreen
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
aand a naner peel falls on your head and your brain slips.

dude_2794
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey can I still join or is it to late???

_slanted_
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM
lol... 2008.... stupid me
it's not even may 31st yet.... how did you even find this?

Hey can I still join or is it to late???
this is a year old, it is much too late.

please nobody else bump this

dude_2794
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Ooo.... Sorry....

ironlionzion
05-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I Would Like To Join Please!!

ironlionzion
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
or its a year late i guess? nevermind then haha

Vincent
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Can a mod just ****ing delete this already.
This has been bumped maybe 40 times in the last month and this is a year old.

WTF.

EDIT:OR BETTER YET, _SLANTED_ LOCK THIS.
>:C