PDA

View Full Version : Explosion detail

Cozen
03-18-2013, 01:39 AM
noting too special, it is my first time animating an exlopsion like this, its pretty fast cause i forgot its on 30 fps, it was originally on 24, but i changed it to see the speed, i like it idk... maybe too fast, i enjoy speedy things lol anyways let me stop im say stupid s%^t sorry

please CnC

http://www.fileize.com/view/953876a5-74b/

03-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Explosion 3D.It's hard.Awesome.

DaiKairye
03-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Oooo thats really nice for a first time

My only problem with it is the shading on the left side looks a bit inconsistent
but what do i know, i suck at effects

Green_
03-18-2013, 03:17 AM
That is 3D? XD Anyway, Nice Effect!

siberboy
03-18-2013, 07:31 AM
wow that was cool,but I think you double framed a lot.
I know its hard to make a 3D explosion in 30fps.You have to draw a lot and at the end you'll lose your motivation.
you got some great skills.Keep it up.

acb
03-18-2013, 01:47 PM
That's one of the most artificial-looking explosions I've seen.
It's cool, but it could have been more realistic, you know with fire and a blitz.

Maybe some debris too.

Oh and the shadowing is wrong also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4WuFU6XV_o

^this might help^

S-Critical
03-18-2013, 01:51 PM
The explosion was very realistic, but if you look closely at the top of the explosion a little bit to the left, at the first few frames there is grey, but then it suddenly disappears, fix that and it should look perfect. Keep it up!

nyneicon
03-18-2013, 06:52 PM
Its not half bad but remember smoke travels for a while so if you were to use this in one of your animations make the smoke rise more and depending on what caused the explosion I'd give it a bit more color to look as a flare as if something really went off. Overall its looking pretty good it just needs a to be played around with a little more.

Amf
03-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah it looks great Cozen, Although after like, the 3rd frame it suddently stops growing and it's rustling my jimmies in a bad way. You could probably just use the transformation tool.

stone
03-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Very good, however I think it could be improved if you added some orange / reds to the early portion of the explosion. Also, don't be afraid to use white radial gradients overlayed on top of the beginning of the explosion as well. This will add a emphasis of glow to the initial start of the explosion.

Cruel
03-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Better than anything I could muster ;-; but ya what stone said, make the beginning a little more flashy with gradients, or a simple white flash across the screen would do the trick.

Cozen
03-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Holy crap! wow Thanks guys for the advises, Really do appreciate it really i do!

i fixed up some of the shading and tried out stones advises as well and it's looking good Lol

going to keep practicing

Cheers everyone! keep em' coming if you can