View Full Version : Unrust

Blue~X
03-19-2013, 06:23 AM
http://filz.us/sRM
http://filz.us/tsY

Cnc

KidDarkness
03-19-2013, 07:24 AM
i like how the shot in the first one how the effects were and then in the second one i liked everything up til the last push it didn't sem like it was enough force to push him back as far as he went other than that they both were pretty good :D and in the first one when the flashes of the shots appeard what was up with the blue rectangle by him?

Blue~X
03-19-2013, 09:39 AM
i like how the shot in the first one how the effects were and then in the second one i liked everything up til the last push it didn't sem like it was enough force to push him back as far as he went other than that they both were pretty good :D and in the first one when the flashes of the shots appeard what was up with the blue rectangle by him?

yea lol

S-Critical
03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
ok for the good things you were able to get quite good combos, but at the first anim, there was no need to add that black gradient. you could have simply added a bevel with no blur and only at a distance of 1. It would have been a better result. Also particles would have worked perfectly when the blue stick figure was shooting those beams.

Now onto the second one. The good things were that you had good combos, and a counter attack which was a simple push. The blood effect was good and showed flow, but if you added more gravity and animated it falling to the ground, it would have looked more realistic and less lazy. Because you didn't even animate it going very small, and it looked like it just disappeared. Also the combo looked like a bit of stop and go. You could hear the kick noise like a little beat, if you added a "sudden kick" during the combo and showed more movement attacks like leg sweeps or tornado kicks or hookpunches or even an uppercut, (the shurikan type, not just a normal) it would have looked more entertaining to watch and look less stiffer. Furthermore, when the black stick punched the grey stick and there was blood, it didn't seem like a lot of force. Add more force and anricipation to it and it would look more realistic that the grey stick would start bleeding (because a simple jab won't make someone bleed). Finally, when the grey stick does a push attack, it was very sudden. Add more anticipation to it and it would have looked more better because the black stick went back quite far.

Other than that, great job on the unrusting. It's pretty good for a unrust! Can't wait to see you when you're not rusty.

Xyper
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
I really like how you draw the movements, but you have a problem with choppyness.
I know the first one is at a low frame rate intentionally, but the second one is also somewhat choppy and has too few frames. Just add some in-between frames on the slower movements to better explain them and smoothing will happen.
Also maybe double frame the impacts cus it kinda looked like he was just bending his leg and the other guy was just having a seizure over it.

Blue~X
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
ok for the good things you were able to get quite good combos, but at the first anim, there was no need to add that black gradient. you could have simply added a bevel with no blur and only at a distance of 1. It would have been a better result. Also particles would have worked perfectly when the blue stick figure was shooting those beams.

Now onto the second one. The good things were that you had good combos, and a counter attack which was a simple push. The blood effect was good and showed flow, but if you added more gravity and animated it falling to the ground, it would have looked more realistic and less lazy. Because you didn't even animate it going very small, and it looked like it just disappeared. Also the combo looked like a bit of stop and go. You could hear the kick noise like a little beat, if you added a "sudden kick" during the combo and showed more movement attacks like leg sweeps or tornado kicks or hookpunches or even an uppercut, (the shurikan type, not just a normal) it would have looked more entertaining to watch and look less stiffer. Furthermore, when the black stick punched the grey stick and there was blood, it didn't seem like a lot of force. Add more force and anricipation to it and it would look more realistic that the grey stick would start bleeding (because a simple jab won't make someone bleed). Finally, when the grey stick does a push attack, it was very sudden. Add more anticipation to it and it would have looked more better because the black stick went back quite far.

Other than that, great job on the unrusting. It's pretty good for a unrust! Can't wait to see you when you're not rusty.

thanks for your Cnc :D

I really like how you draw the movements, but you have a problem with choppyness.
I know the first one is at a low frame rate intentionally, but the second one is also somewhat choppy and has too few frames. Just add some in-between frames on the slower movements to better explain them and smoothing will happen.
Also maybe double frame the impacts cus it kinda looked like he was just bending his leg and the other guy was just having a seizure over it.

I: yea....

Ezy
03-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Holy shit, did CnC improve lately?

Lol, some of the attacks are tooo fast. It does end up "bending his leg and the other guy was just having a seizure over it." Maybe add a movement between the kickm and the back to knee place. Just experiment with it i'm sure you'll get it! Also for me on the first one, his spine seemed way to stiff to be jerkin his legs all over the place like that, try making him a little more..relaxed..when he's doing stuff like that.

Other than that, keep shakin' off that rust! :3

ZABI
03-20-2013, 02:23 AM
Holy shit, did CnC improve lately?

Lol, some of the attacks are tooo fast. It does end up "bending his leg and the other guy was just having a seizure over it." Maybe add a movement between the kickm and the back to knee place. Just experiment with it i'm sure you'll get it! Also for me on the first one, his spine seemed way to stiff to be jerkin his legs all over the place like that, try making him a little more..relaxed..when he's doing stuff like that.

Other than that, keep shakin' off that rust! :3

CLAN EZ RULES

But yeah what everyone else said. The second one lacked force and that was about it to me. Good work

Cruel
03-20-2013, 05:42 AM
CLAN EZ RULES

But yeah what everyone else said. The second one lacked force and that was about it to me. Good work

I disagree, the force was fine with the exception of the last push. Why does everyone want there to be an extreme amount of force in these fights recently? Not everyone animates dbz style. I just thought the second one was a little slow in pace and too predictable. Add more variety to the combo. Blood was decent though and the reactions were actually spot on. Nice job

Molgera
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Nice.
The punches and kicks had a lot of impact.
It looks really good.
I've been trying to animate like that myself, but I find it very difficult to do for a mouse user. -.-
Anyway, great job.