PDA

View Full Version : Red Death is Training

Red Death
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Ok hi guys I made this animation just to practice stuff I learned this week. I wasn't animating for days and got a bit rusty, so I made this animation about Red Death fighting 2 stick figures blah blah blah xD

http://www.fileize.com/files/8f4ad9df/d3c/Red_Death_Trains.swf

I also posted this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3BLQuozFfY&feature=youtu.be

Subscribe and tell me if you hear sound effects :D

Sonicmanqaz
03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Okay, so this is honestly smooth, but you need a lot of work on your stick construction. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube on that.

Red Death
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Ok...I just like animating small stick figures it looks cute xD

and sometimes when I animate flips I have to make a pose or it won't be complete.

Xyper
03-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Major resizing issue you got there, to fix that use this kind of tool http://www.fileize.com/view/2e9c739c-1ac/. The red lines are drawn on a separate layer which you will delete at the end of the scene, don't put anything else on that layer. Draw the red lines so that you remember where the floor is and how tall your stick should be, you can make a 3rd line for the waste if you still have problems.
Also you have too few frames, either use a lower frame rate or draw more frames, it's really hard to understand what is happening because it is over so damn fast.
Also try to find "The animator's survival kit" it's a book about animation principles. Anyway your animation lacks anticipation, easing and has too few frames. To my understanding anticipation is supposed to be a slow movement that gets the character ready for a faster one and easing follows the faster movement and is also supposed to be slow. Kinda like a punch, the wind up is anticipation then the punch is the fast action and after the punch everything slows down in preparation for the next punch or whatever.
I know I'm doing a terrible job at explain these so if someone could help me out, or just read that book :)

nyneicon
03-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Its really confusing and I honestly have no idea what happened after the first kick. You also need to practice your stick figure construction because if it wasn't for the different colors I would be even more confused then I already am.

dark falcon
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Well That's Good You Just Need The Blur Effect And Use Guide Lines !! I Mean Have You Seen The Second Guy Leg just Become That Big In A Momment !! ?

Alien
03-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah man, you need help on your stick construction.Especially the legs, the thigh is too short and resizes almost every frame.Also the moves are unclear and are lacking a good amount of force.Watch some of terkoiz's tutorials and look at some of his anims.But dont rotoscope or trace them.People wont like you.

i know from experience...

Red Death
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Dayum, I only did this to be like Terkoiz. Turns out I need more practice.

Did anyone notice sound effects on the youtube link?

Praetorain
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
The attacker's movements have good flow.The animation had problems, first the legs of your stickman keep on changing size in a ridiculous way.Second, you are lacking anticipation.The hit didn't look forceful,so why are the stickmen moving far away from a normal hit?The last hit lacked easing, the stickman's movements became stiff in all of a sudden.The other stickmen are like resizing their legs when they are just standing still.Also slow the movements down a little bit,just don't make it too slow.I hope you'll be like your inspiration, Mr.Lacanlale(Terkoiz).

Red Death
03-22-2013, 07:45 PM
The attacker's movements have good flow.The animation had problems, first the legs of your stickman keep on changing size in a ridiculous way.Second, you are lacking anticipation.The hit didn't look forceful,so why are the stickmen moving far away from a normal hit?The last hit lacked easing, the stickman's movements became stiff in all of a sudden.The other stickmen are like resizing their legs when they are just standing still.Also slow the movements down a little bit,just don't make it too slow.I hope you'll be like your inspiration, Mr.Lacanlale(Terkoiz).

Yeah..I focused more on animating Red Death and treated the other stick figures like shit xD

Oh and I am doing a remake, I think I will be done with it by Tomorrow or longer depending on how much effort into it.

Cruel
03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Dayum, I only did this to be like Terkoiz.

Don't. Do it to be yourself. That's the whole point of animation, to express yourself. Not someone else. You can have inspirations, but don't be a carbon copy of them because you will fail. Why? Because you aren't terkoiz. And you never will be. You are you, so be yourself.

Red Death
03-22-2013, 08:03 PM
No no no I mean be as SKILLFUL as Terkoiz. People like Hyun, Flying panda, Oxob, etc have different styles but they are still good. I am the type of person wanting to have that certain skill,certain talent, that certain experience like them. I can express myself through my animations like you said but, if my animation sucks none of you won't know what just happened. My goal is to be a good animator and let you guys know who I am and stuff, but ty for the tips guys I appreciate it xD