PDA

View Full Version : Violent realism

Xyper
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
http://www.fileize.com/view/b244252c-f2e/
Finally made something longer than 5 seconds.
I called it violent realism because that's kinda what I was aiming for, I wanted it to look violent and realistic at the same time. That's why I didnt put in any over the top blood effects and what not.
I always seem to have a shortage of sound effects :(

Irian
03-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Well the face rip was a bit strange p:

I like the kicking at the end though

Xyper
03-23-2013, 06:08 PM
What do you mean strange? Animated strangely or just strange that it happened?
The face rip was inspired by a video I was of some Chinese guy eating another guy on a train. Thats why I put it in there, but the point was to make is violent.
And to practice of course, that was the initial intent

Cruel
03-23-2013, 06:20 PM
The run in the beginning was un natural....and the face rip scared me :'(

But I think you achieved what you were trying to get. Nice animation. Try making it flow more next time instead of it being stop and go.

Xyper
03-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah I didnt really like that run either, but I didnt wanna go back cus I looked at it after I had finished it.
And about the start at stop thing, that was very intentional, I wanted to make it look like hes building up rage to deliver the next kick. But that was an afterthought and I was too lazy to sync up all the layers and animate him breathing or something in between kicks.
I gotta start using movie clips for runs again, focusing on one cycle usually gives better results.
Thanks for the comment :)

Irian
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Oh I just thought because it was suppose to be realistic I was like WOAH. He ate his face. :O

Xyper
03-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Ok cool, that makes me happy :D
But that is also realistic if you think about it.

Irian
03-23-2013, 07:33 PM
But that is also realistic if you think about it.

yes, unfortunately

Xyper
03-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Shameless bump, but I want more comments please :)
I want to improve, so far I know that I gotta work on my running and flow. Gimme something more, or just tell me if you liked it or not.
I love me some comments :3

Stick02
03-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Deberķas mejorar la sangre en el piso, has que se vea mas como que se derramo y quedo la sangre esparcida al rededor

Xyper
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I used google translate, and yeah you're right the blood didn't look liquidy enough. I just used the circle tool for it :D I need to learn how to draw puddles that look realistic.