PDA

View Full Version : Stickey Grenade Test

Hunter Wizard
03-29-2013, 05:00 PM
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9431/stickeygrenadetest.gif

Scarecrow
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Okay, I don't know who's voting "awesome" and "very cool" but you're really not doing this guy any favors.

It was not terrible, but it was pretty bad. You need to get a different stick to use; the default stick is limiting and just terrible in general. Something with a spine that isn't just one joint.

Your animation was best at the parts where he got knocked over. It was fairly smooth and the reactions were appropriate to the size of the explosions (having said that, the explosions were too small for a grenade). The grenade physics were decent, too.

However, when the guy was standing there waiting for the grenade to land, he jitters around like he's on crack. I can see you're trying to keep your character 'alive' and not just freezing him up when he's not doing anything, but you need to work on your idling. Try and make it look like he's slowly transitioning out of a movement, and just breathing when he's doing absolutely nothing... instead of just having a seizure.

Your throwing animation could also use work. I'm noticing in particular that his legs aren't moving at all to compensate for his shifting weight when he's moving his arms around. There also isn't much power in the throw, but in this case that's okay because he doesn't seem to be trying to throw the grenade very far (not sure why though... bad for his health).

Don't let others who are even less skilled than you are misguide you into believing you're making elite-tier animations already. You are still an absolute beginner and have a lot of hard work to do. Really you should be posting your animations in the beginner's thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?144-Beginners-post-your-Pivot-animations-here); if you look through recent submissions there you will realize that there are people who are still posting in there who are more skilled than you are...

Keep at it though, you definitely have potential.

Stickly
03-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Okay, I don't know who's voting "awesome" and "very cool" but you're really not doing this guy any favors.

It was not terrible, but it was pretty bad. You need to get a different stick to use; the default stick is limiting and just terrible in general. Something with a spine that isn't just one joint.

Your animation was best at the parts where he got knocked over. It was fairly smooth and the reactions were appropriate to the size of the explosions (having said that, the explosions were too small for a grenade). The grenade physics were decent, too.

However, when the guy was standing there waiting for the grenade to land, he jitters around like he's on crack. I can see you're trying to keep your character 'alive' and not just freezing him up when he's not doing anything, but you need to work on your idling. Try and make it look like he's slowly transitioning out of a movement, and just breathing when he's doing absolutely nothing... instead of just having a seizure.

Your throwing animation could also use work. I'm noticing in particular that his legs aren't moving at all to compensate for his shifting weight when he's moving his arms around. There also isn't much power in the throw, but in this case that's okay because he doesn't seem to be trying to throw the grenade very far (not sure why though... bad for his health).

Don't let others who are even less skilled than you are misguide you into believing you're making elite-tier animations already. You are still an absolute beginner and have a lot of hard work to do. Really you should be posting your animations in the beginner's thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?144-Beginners-post-your-Pivot-animations-here); if you look through recent submissions there you will realize that there are people who are still posting in there who are more skilled than you are...

Keep at it though, you definitely have potential.

all of this.

i cant believe people are voting so highly

Hunter Wizard
03-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the advice...
I'll keep trying! :o