PDA

View Full Version : Oh look, more progress from me

Yun
04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
[ WARNING : PONIES. ]

Well I kinda paused on this project for way too long. So, I'm working my ass off on this.

http://filz.us/wvF

Still need about a good 40 seconds until this is done. Though that's gonna be a while. lol

http://filz.us/wvH

BSE R 10 so far. Don't care if it's gonna dis-motivate me or something. I'm still gonna work on it.

Obsidium
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
It's not that it won't motivate you, it's that you add like 2 seconds and show everybody. It's a bit attention whorish

Ezy
04-01-2013, 09:55 PM
It's not that it won't motivate you, it's that you add like 2 seconds and show everybody. It's a bit attention whorish

Lol nailed it. Seen the BSE thing about 10 times..it's alright but if you keep showing it, it's going to kill the anim.

Drone
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Really dude.
This needs to stop

Arch-Angel
04-02-2013, 02:35 AM
Not going to lie, the first link had potential to be something more than what it was. Then again you're posting this to a community primarily of teenage guys.
So it's just gay.

The second one was meh. Looked incredibly lazy.

Salt
04-02-2013, 06:18 AM
gay.

Fuck you. You're a douchebag. Go kill yourself. The animation was cool.

Syclone903
04-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Well ah, I like the animation of the first one, extremely sleek, and the BSE one is very badass. Best of luck on finishing them!

Xero
04-02-2013, 11:38 AM
I like how that scythe is just a recolour of ruby's scythe (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121108213823/rwby/images/d/da/Ruby_Scythe.JPG) from RWBY
I got tired of seeing the same fullbody run side scroller thing more than once.
Avoid repeated angles if possible.

As for the first one (As expected); fuck ponies.

acb
04-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Fuck you. You're a douchebag. Go kill yourself. The animation was cool.

Chill out, saucy cunt.

Travis
04-02-2013, 12:03 PM
YUN FOR THE LOVE OF COTTON PLS NO PONIES!

Skyshark
04-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I thought the first one was pretty fucking slick, to be honest, despite it being ponies. While I'm not too big into MLP, the song was fairly catchy and the visuals were colorful and entertaining to watch.

Second one was pretty decent as well, even though the scythe-gun is a pretty blatant copy of RWBY, like Xero said. Not too big a deal and you could still do some cool stuff with it, so whatever.

Mikematic
04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Lol, to the people complaining that he posts the same anims too often, well stop. No one asked you to watch it, like seriouslly.
I for one haven't seen his BSE at all until now. And it was pretty dang boss. Can't wait for the outcome.

And as for the ponies.... I think that says it all.

Good Job Yun! Keep on being Yun, if you can help it.

Stickly
04-02-2013, 05:41 PM
fuckin awesome. smoooooooooooth like buuttar

Alien
04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Well, correct me if Im wrong, but him showing his BSE early wont do shit to his score.I mean, Its not like you are graded on how much times you showed your animation.The only bad thing I see is that if the judges look at this, then they already have a good idea on the score they would give you, unless the animation is polished until that time.

:I

Xero
04-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Lol, to the people complaining that he posts the same anims too often, well stop. No one asked you to watch it, like seriouslly.
I for one haven't seen his BSE at all until now. And it was pretty dang boss. Can't wait for the outcome.[/SIZE]
It ties into what Jeff has said in this thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?50882-Keep-your-mouth-shut-until-you-re-done-animating). it's not mandatory, but it does give off a sense of repetitive quality.
Yes, it doesn't really effect the score on BSE; but people will say after a while of showing updates "ughhh, I already saw this."
It's bittersweet and a real spoil to what could have been a good experience if you already saw it.
But that's already been addressed with that thread; let's stay focused on the anims at hand.

RaWrz-Cupcakes44
04-02-2013, 06:08 PM
i like the first link it wa really cool and entertaining nice job but the second link could really use some work like add more but it's good yeah i don't have my rhg up yet cause alot got in the way but i know alot about rhg battles and demos but this is cool

Mikematic
04-02-2013, 06:27 PM
It ties into what Jeff has said in this thread (http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?50882-Keep-your-mouth-shut-until-you-re-done-animating). it's not mandatory, but it does give off a sense of repetitive quality.
Yes, it doesn't really effect the score on BSE; but people will say after a while of showing updates "ughhh, I already saw this."
It's bittersweet and a real spoil to what could have been a good experience if you already saw it.
But that's already been addressed with that thread; let's stay focused on the anims at hand.
Well I bet the judges would have enough sense, to maybe, not look at too much of Yun's spoilers. Because they probably foresaw the same thing.

I would guess they probably did.

EDIT
And again, you don't have to watch it. No one is forcing you to watch what he links, watch something else, its not hard.

MoraeDev
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
well you need some break time,. and do something new!
you guys want to talk this right?
maybe.

guandi97
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
bravo yun!
keep at it!

In my opinion, the lens flares were generally a good addition to dork, but some of them were a bit too bright/long

Pin
04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Well, correct me if Im wrong, but him showing his BSE early wont do shit to his score.I mean, Its not like you are graded on how much times you showed your animation.The only bad thing I see is that if the judges look at this, then they already have a good idea on the score they would give you, unless the animation is polished until that time.

:I

Actually it might, by a lot
Think of it this way. You lose that umpf.
If i see an awesome animation, i'm like "WOW!!" I see it againg. "WOW!" again "wow" again "cool" again "meh" again "meeeeeh" again "Its a bit old"
Say the judges have seen this alot of times. They won't be as suprised by the outcome and may have a lower vote because it doesn't look as amazing as if he had shown it and no one had ever saw it.

Both animations were nice.
Not too big of a pony fan, but the animation takes serious talent, especially using only flash. Lot's of time and work and i commend you.
Also, I like the animation in the BSE, with the colored in full body outside the lines. I like that.

EDIT
And again, you don't have to watch it. No one is forcing you to watch what he links, watch something else, its not hard.

No one knows what he's posting, and it's just a bit, disrespectful to ignore someones thing that they are showing off for you to see. Sure you may not want to, but some people may want the feedback, and to blow it off is just meh to me.
And again, the fileize link doesn't say http://www.fileize.com/view/Yun'sBSERound10/ it has some random numbers and letters so you don't know until the page loads, and by that time, you're curiosity probably set in to see what he wants to show off.

Mikematic
04-02-2013, 07:38 PM
No one knows what he's posting, and it's just a bit, disrespectful to ignore someones thing that they are showing off for you to see. Sure you may not want to, but some people may want the feedback, and to blow it off is just meh to me.
And again, the fileize link doesn't say http://www.fileize.com/view/Yun'sBSERound10/ it has some random numbers and letters so you don't know until the page loads, and by that time, you're curiosity probably set in to see what he wants to show off.
He stated that the link would direct you to his BSE R10 so far. And also the title to the animation is "BSE V4 R10"
That's more than enough warning to keep you from saying "THIS THING AGAIN?!"

Cruel
04-02-2013, 08:46 PM
He stated that the link would direct you to his BSE R10 so far. And also the title to the animation is "BSE V4 R10"
That's more than enough warning to keep you from saying "THIS THING AGAIN?!"

You have a knack for getting into tussles mikematic :P

Nice animations yun.

Tombist
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
gay.

says who? your boyfriend? anyways

i lvoe you for this Yun.. ponys.. oh god that was amazing

jdogg
04-02-2013, 10:00 PM
The bse was nice and all but I think you should take out the semi-body guy that changes to a stick. I got my hopes up thinking I would see a semi-body from you, but ended up being disappointed seeing primarily stick figures with some tiny movements of semi-body. Good animation nonetheless, just the swap was disappointing. But apparently everyone has already seen it or something so that doesn't matter.

Oh yeah the first one was cool but I don't understand the ponies part. It was this really cool graphics movements and then all the sudden pony walk loops. Like arch angel said it had potential to be more. Also your play button is messed up if you click it while it is fading out it restarts.

Xyper
04-03-2013, 02:37 AM
Oh my god the first one is so amazing.
You're a professional level animator. I've seen guys with similar skills doing freelance jobs, finish this and try to find someone who wants a music video like that, ask around in other forums.
You're one of the best animators on this site.
This is my reaction from the pony thing, the other way wasn't anything too special.
Don't mind the random hate you got, those people won't reach your level ever and have no idea what they are talking about.

jdogg
04-03-2013, 05:58 AM
lol ^

Yun
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Jeez, I thought this was about to go into another clusterfuck of debating and criticism.

Thanks for the feedback, blah blah blah.

The reason why I added ponies in the PMV is because it's a recreation. I'm recreating the original in Flash and also adding a few more effects so that I can better use the properties and effects in my future projects later on.

BSE, yeah I understand now.

Tsang
04-03-2013, 01:48 PM
For the first one, those effects were just eye-candy. The visuals were very impressive and it definitely brought something new to the table that's set apart from all of your other stuff, Yun. Great job, I like what I see so far.

I can't really say the same for the second animation. Although the angles were good and well thought out, the animation looked a bit lazy and the drop in quality was a bit more apparent compared to your first animation, but I still enjoyed what you had cooked up so far.

All in all, I liked the first animation. But if you can touch up the second one you posted, I'll say the same for what I had said for your first animation because those visuals were very well done.

Keep at it. :D

CrewKid
04-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Oh my god the first one is so amazing.
You're a professional level animator. I've seen guys with similar skills doing freelance jobs, finish this and try to find someone who wants a music video like that, ask around in other forums.
You're one of the best animators on this site.
This is my reaction from the pony thing, the other way wasn't anything too special.
Don't mind the random hate you got, those people won't reach your level ever and have no idea what they are talking about.

Wow dude you really sucked him hard right there.....

But as for the first animation the effects were pretty damn good. Honestly they appear professional leveled to be honest. I wouldn't think twice if i saw it on Tv so good
job on that. Only bad thing is the ponies. Not sure why young men are into MLP now but I'm not a homophobe or anything so I will not complain but I do find it odd and it
sort of messed it up.

Second one seemed to lack force at some moments. Had the potential to be great but it's a lot holding back. You have plenty of crit so I'll leave you to that.
Overall i really enjoyed the 1st without the ponies and the second was alright.

DanmarK
04-03-2013, 10:09 PM
wow man.. the pony thingy is the best lol!! and guys, be a professional, we are all animators. . . having a pony on an animation that is required to have a pony is not gay. . if my boss tells me to animate barbie, i will. . its our job. .
we're illustrators, animators!!! btw nice job yun. .

Cnc
-the effects in the first animation was great and so cartoony^^ good for the concept but still can be improved. .
-i suggest to add more glittering efx because i know kids like that^^
-one thing i dont like is the zooming scene in a blue diamond thingy. . lol idk but i feel it gets the quality lower compared to the 1st efxs. . lol but its just me^^

BSE
-man, honestly. . this is a lazy job. . you're animating for years i know but still i haven't see big improvement
-i think you should stick to stick figures than full body. . you'll realize why. .
-but the consept is great lol keep it up!!

whoever says that yun is a gay,, is the true dick sucker

Arch-Angel
04-04-2013, 02:29 AM
wow man.. the pony thingy is the best lol!! and guys, be a professional, we are all animators. . . having a pony on an animation that is required to have a pony is not gay. . if my boss tells me to animate barbie, i will. . its our job. .
we're illustrators, animators!!! btw nice job yun. .

Cnc
-the effects in the first animation was great and so cartoony^^ good for the concept but still can be improved. .
-i suggest to add more glittering efx because i know kids like that^^
-one thing i dont like is the zooming scene in a blue diamond thingy. . lol idk but i feel it gets the quality lower compared to the 1st efxs. . lol but its just me^^

BSE
-man, honestly. . this is a lazy job. . you're animating for years i know but still i haven't see big improvement
-i think you should stick to stick figures than full body. . you'll realize why. .
-but the consept is great lol keep it up!!

whoever says that yun is a gay,, is the true dick sucker

I respectfully disagree. The same can be applied to real life situations but by drawing certain things or doing certain things in or putting/posting in or on a public area you have to be open to the fact that you will be judged for what you do/make.

No one is in the wrong for calling him gay and saying that animating fucking ponies is retarded (I sure as hell did).

The truth of the matter is that this is the part where he has to realize the general public is going to look at his work negatively, but he has to make the decision to just soak their criticism in for what it is or make changes to satisfy the general want. He isn't in the wrong, and we aren't in the wrong. He can animate and draw whatever he wants, but he has to accept the way people are going to view them. If he wants to retaliate and defend himself then he obviously doesn't understand how weak his argument is looking on the internet.

On a side note, I'm sure girls, especially little girls, will love him and admire his work. Whereas you have to understand teenage boys and young men+ will negatively criticize another male as such.
Open your mind to the possibilities dude. We don't animate pony sex, we don't suck dick <3

Yun
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
I respectfully disagree. The same can be applied to real life situations but by drawing certain things or doing certain things in or putting/posting in or on a public area you have to be open to the fact that you will be judged for what you do/make.

No one is in the wrong for calling him gay and saying that animating fucking ponies is retarded (I sure as hell did).

The truth of the matter is that this is the part where he has to realize the general public is going to look at his work negatively, but he has to make the decision to just soak their criticism in for what it is or make changes to satisfy the general want. He isn't in the wrong, and we aren't in the wrong. He can animate and draw whatever he wants, but he has to accept the way people are going to view them. If he wants to retaliate and defend himself then he obviously doesn't understand how weak his argument is looking on the internet.

On a side note, I'm sure girls, especially little girls, will love him and admire his work. Whereas you have to understand teenage boys and young men+ will negatively criticize another male as such.
Open your mind to the possibilities dude. We don't animate pony sex, we don't suck dick <3

Well I like to animate and shit and I like what I do. So really, I don't mind the criticism or comments about gayness or some shit. I've been called that way before I even got into ponies just because I didn't hit puberty until I was 14.

As long as I accomplished something I've never tried before and continue to get great responses in majority, I'm fine!

flashfree-k
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Well I like to animate and shit and I like what I do. So really, I don't mind the criticism or comments about gayness or some shit. I've been called that way before I even got into ponies just because I didn't hit puberty until I was 14.

As long as I accomplished something I've never tried before and continue to get great responses in majority, I'm fine!

i dont get it how can you be called gay if you hit puberty late #?

CrewKid
04-04-2013, 01:01 PM

What about MLP makes you so into ponies?? and what Country do you live in? Maybe they are more accepting there?

And ARCH ANGEL I give you applause for your perspective. Wonderful way to look at it.

Yun
04-04-2013, 01:26 PM
What about MLP makes you so into ponies?? and what Country do you live in? Maybe they are more accepting there?

And ARCH ANGEL I give you applause for your perspective. Wonderful way to look at it.

I live in USA Illinois. I didn't mention anything regarding a more positive acceptance on the interwebs or in real life. :I

S-Critical
04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
tbh, everyone needs to stop calling him gay. So what if it is a pony animation, i could care less. I would just give him his CNC.

flamr
04-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I found the first animation amazing. The effects were really good and there were smooth transitions between them. I know that there were ponies but that is just a personal dislike so it can't go towards actual CnC. You did put a warning sign after all...
As for the BSE, I liked it. I really want to learn that paint-like effect when the fullbody guy transformed. The angles were good but I thought something was wrong with the giant's first stance. Idk what, it just looked slightly wierd. @Copy of RWBY scythe, isn't that Guz's RHG weapon and you are good friends with Guz so it isn't really an issue.

YoShiFA
04-05-2013, 04:36 AM
i for one think that the ponies anim was awesome, i really enjoyed watchin' and it was well made . nuf sed, this is an animation community and idgaf what you animate wtf cares if he animates ponies and maybe he's gay so what phah i thought it was very visually apealing and catchy. keep it up and finish it fo sho bro its lookin' great so far

the other, .. i think you got enough c/c on that one

CrewKid
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
i for one think that the ponies anim was awesome, i really enjoyed watchin' and it was well made . nuf sed, this is an animation community and idgaf what you animate wtf cares if he animates ponies and maybe he's gay so what phah i thought it was very visually apealing and catchy. keep it up and finish it fo sho bro its lookin' great so far

the other, .. i think you got enough c/c on that one

Oh he is gay??? my bad i had no idea! Do you then, Yun...

Yun
04-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh he is gay??? my bad i had no idea! Do you then, Yun...

>Implies on a "maybe" statement.

No I'm not.