PDA

View Full Version : Swordwrath Army Tactic

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 01:16 AM
This is not my idea, I took it from another person that I lost against. But thank you though!

1. Take over tower no matter the cost (Get archers and swordwraths, do not lose control of the middle!)
2. Get Rage ASAP. Fire Arrows are optional. Over time, buy miners as you build up your Swordwrath/Archer army.
3. Buy at least 3:1 ratio of Swordwraths to Archidons.
4. Get Ghost Upgrade ASAP once you have a stable army.
5. Seperate your Swordwrath army by sets: 7 Swordwraths are already threatening to your opponent
6. Take out the units that threatens your empire the most with your 1st set(Of Swordwraths): Magikills, Ninjas, etc.
7. Once your first wave of Swordwraths die, send in the next one!
8. Wear him out until he gives up.

Yes, there are a lot of things that weren't specific, because I am relying on my memory.

Q/A's:
1. But what if he has a huge army of Flying Crossbowmen?!
- That is why you have your Archidons for. However, this wouldn't have happened if you keep applying pressure on your opponent and sending out your set of Swordwraths one at a time.

2. Can I apply pressure to the opponent with my Archidons instead? Why Swordwraths?
- Definitely, you can use your Archidons instead. Use them to wipe out the walls in a safe distance. Then, use Swordwraths because they get the dirty job done quicker. They literally wipe everything out faster then you can imagine (Even if there's only 8 Swordwraths).

3. But he has a castle archer!!!
- Haha, one castle archer isn't going to do anything. Feel free to still charge! :p
If he has two, rely on your archers and ghosts instead of your Swordwraths.

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 01:22 AM
A spearton + archer combo could defeat this, or even mine, which is spearton + alba

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I fear I wasn't being specific enough...

Anyways, that is why you must have rage early in the beginning, right? Take over the middle tower with Swordwraths. Then back-up your Ghost Spearton with your Archidons. Boom! Ultimate pressure!

Then your opponent would rush through the Archidons, right? Retreat and take cover behind your Swordwraths, then you attack.

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 01:57 AM
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?54825-Turtle-Strategy

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 02:02 AM
1. Wipe out the wall from the 2nd row of gold with Archidons. Ignore the single archer behind the wall.
2. Buy Ghost.
3. Continue pressure with Archidons + Ghost. I can't possibly see how you could be able to build Albowtrosses/Speartons that fast when you bought a castle archer so early.

And also:
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?55713-Swordwrath-Army-Tactic

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 02:09 AM
1. Wipe out the wall from the 2nd row of gold with Archidons. Ignore the single archer behind the wall.
2. Buy Ghost.
3. Continue pressure with Archidons + Ghost. I can't possibly see how you could be able to build Albowtrosses/Speartons that fast when you bought a castle archer so early.

And also:
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?55713-Swordwrath-Army-Tactic

You dont know me enough then. The first row of gold is safe from anything, with the exception of bombers, and deads. Also, if you go sword + archer at the beginning, you have poor economy. And from what I read, you dont spend much on miners, just swords and archers.

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Right, I apologize for that. You know when there's a cooldown process when you buy Swordwraths, right? That's a time when you can buy miners. I'll edit my main topic.

But you still must consider from the topic you brought up, your 2nd wall is vulnerable. I really don't feel threatened when you only have 1 archer behind your wall... I have 3 archers + 10 swordwraths waiting for you by the time you have enough to afford a flying crossbowman.

"Make miner wall if you already researched it, just in front of the 2nd row of gold, safe for miners, and in range for castle archer." That's totally vulnerable for you man!

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 02:21 AM
Right, I apologize for that. You know when there's a cooldown process when you buy Swordwraths, right? That's a time when you can buy miners. I'll edit my main topic.

But you still must consider from the topic you brought up, your 2nd wall is vulnerable. I really don't feel threatened when you only have 1 archer behind your wall... I have 3 archers + 10 swordwraths waiting for you by the time you have enough to afford a flying crossbowman.

"Make miner wall if you already researched it, just in front of the 2nd row of gold, safe for miners, and in range for castle archer." That's totally vulnerable for you man!

If you just keep piling up swords, youll have no gold for miners.

Also, I occasionaly go for archers. I'm not bothered by weak little archers, shooting my wall to oblivion when I already have a spearton and alba in queue.

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 02:22 AM
I feel like you are not understanding me at all. It seems you are rejecting everything I am saying... :(

There must be some parts of my speech that you must agree on. That is how debates work, you don't reject everything your opponent says. You're not really considering my point of view, are you? :mad: I'm just pointing out the serious flaws in your tactic that you did not mention in your main topic. Such as poor economy because you refuse to takeover the central tower. You WASTED your money on buying walls and castle archers so early. It's logical! You WILL have a worse economy then me.

I will leave you alone then, if that is what you want...

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 02:29 AM
I feel like you are not understanding me at all. It seems you are rejecting everything I am saying... :(

There must be some parts of my speech that you must agree on. That is how debates work, you don't reject everything your opponent says. You're not really considering my point of view, are you? :mad: I'm just pointing out the serious flaws in your tactic that you did not mention in your main topic. Such as poor economy because you refuse to takeover the central tower. You WASTED your money on buying walls and castle archers so early. It's logical! You WILL have a worse economy then me.

I will leave you alone then, if that is what you want...

As the creator of the strategy, I know the flaws of my strategy, which I already have mentioned in it. And I've been rejecting you because your points are wrong, in a way.

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Sigh...

And you would of thought that I also know how to fight campers, right...?

Good night.

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 02:34 AM
...That was a nice debate lolz.

DragonFrost
04-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Why not just play a game? Aiman: use your turtle strat, narsheh use this strat. WHO WILL WIN?

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Why not just play a game? Aiman: use your turtle strat, narsheh use this strat. WHO WILL WIN?

He's off.

DiPi
04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
As the creator of the strategy, I know the flaws of my strategy, which I already have mentioned in it. And I've been rejecting you because your points are wrong, in a way.

I suggest you to act in a more mature way
also, it's not completely good

if we take this strategy (2 swords 1 miner; get rage quickly; get 8 miners and 6 swords in total; club the shit out of his defence; win ('cause after this he has problems in economy and defence)) you are pretty powerless
that said, just listen to what others tell you

_Ai_
04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
I suggest you to act in a more mature way
also, it's not completely good

if we take this strategy (2 swords 1 miner; get rage quickly; get 8 miners and 6 swords in total; club the shit out of his defence; win ('cause after this he has problems in economy and defence)) you are pretty powerless
that said, just listen to what others tell you

But I...
..Okay.

Usman
04-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Narsheh, clam down, dont post much strats, did u try no? then dont..... These strats are easy to say, hard to swork on.

THEFORCE
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Narsheh, clam down, dont post much strats, did u try no? then dont..... These strats are easy to say, hard to swork on.

Exactly, it's different when you talk about a strategy than when you actually apply it.

Although this strategy may seem to work, IF you succeed having the tower, there's a lot of things that can stand in your way early game.

Early rage seems to work a lot and at the beginning you find it hard to counter. But, if he makes an albowtross, then your strategy is threatened with fail, cause even if you had archers at the beginning, you can't keep up building lots of them plus swordwraths, while he only have to build 1 spearton to make you temporary have to kite him, leaving your swordwraths without the archer, exposed to the albows attacks and rage won't help here even if you destroy the spearton, cause it will take HP from the swordwraths so albow will destroy them quicker, if you think castle archer could slow them down, then there's a lot that can happen here:

1) You keep building swordwraths and archers, while he builds miners increasing his economy. Which means he will have more money than you have, so even if you make tower spawn, it will take lots of time, as you have to make sowrds, archers and then make tower spawn which a bit costy in the beginning if you don't have much miners.

2) You can focus on miners once he goes defensive, which lets him make miners too. It's like this, you need about 5-6 swords at the beginning to actually threaten him, which takes time and money instead of making miners, so you have low miners early game while he has more since he built less units, 6x125=750g for 6 swords, think about how much money you could make with miners now, you spent more money on units and less on miners which leaves you with an army that can be countered with some ways and an economy which is fairly weak, the point is that he will now have more money still and will make more units to pwn the swordwraths while you have to make miners for money, hes making units for win. You don't have time for tower spawn and miners.

The wall isn't really that necessary if you got castle archer, get wall if he falls back and gets speartons to counter castle archer. Which that's what I do, when I see him has castle archer and no walls, I attack with speartons. If I see he has a wall, that means he spent 600 on both walls and castle archer, which gives me a space for tower spawn, But not if I don't spend some money on miners first.