PDA

View Full Version : [Theory] Separate your army by sets!

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
So let's say that you have an army consisted of only Speartons

Your opponent has a well-balanced army of Speartons, Archidons, 1 Giant, and 1 Magikill.

1. Seperate your army by sets. Like 5 Speartons = 1 set.

2. Attack your enemy's army with your 1st set. Obviously, you 1st set is going to die. I know this sounds crazy, but the end result may be worth it.
Results:
- Your opponent is left stumbled! He will charge because he thought you threw away ALL your Speartons. Defend and rely on your Castle Archers with your other sets of Speartons. That way, you can defeat his army and take over the central tower.
OR
- Your 5 Speartons have already effectively removed his Magikill, and maybe some Archidons. He still remains in the central tower, though.

3. It is up to you now. You can wait and build up your army again, or you can rush. After all, it takes a while for the opponent to make a Magikill and send him over to the middle of the base to compensate his loss. It'll be much faster for you to buy a couple of Speartons and Flying Crossbowmen to replace your missing population in no time.

This is just a theory, I never tried this. This may also work with Swordwraths + Rage too. :)

FailingAtFailing
04-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Interesting, although I usually can't click fast enough or lag prevents this from being useful in actual combat, but if the game is going slow, this could work.

THEFORCE
04-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Worth trying. But sometimes 5 speartons couldn't just get passed the army and kill the magikill and when he has the chance to attack he'll attack, plus you already weaken your army, so his speartons will already finish you and his giant will do the rest.

A question:Why does it have to be giants, magikill, archers and speartons?

jerrytt
04-05-2013, 08:35 PM
I once thought of this stratedgy for spearton rushing. The idea was that I send a third of my speartons to get rid of the walls, while keeping the rest safe from AoE, then charge in with the rest of the speartons when both walls are down and (hopefully) magikill are dead.

jli
04-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I once thought of this stratedgy for spearton rushing. The idea was that I send a third of my speartons to get rid of the walls, while keeping the rest safe from AoE, then charge in with the rest of the speartons when both walls are down and (hopefully) magikill are dead.

I also thought of one. Get a spearton mass + 2 ninjas to ruin everything for the opponent :P

DragonFrost
04-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I tried this a long time ago: EPIc fail. Cuz they have a similar sized army to me, yet I use only a fraction of mine TO attack. They suffer minimum damage, I lose a fraction of my army.

Narsheh
04-05-2013, 09:15 PM
@THEFORCE
Ah, the whole Spearton, Giant, Archers, and Magikill thing was just an example. It would be more complicated if I said Ninjas, Albowtrosses, etc.

@DragonFrost
Well, you do make sense. It seemed that your army was weakened drastically instead of what I thought. This theory tactic was a bust.

I just have one last theory in mind...
1. Attack with your whole army
2. As the Fog of War clears up (the black fade throughout the map), skim the units that seems the most threatening (Magikill, Archidons).
3. Box/Highlight a fraction of your army to take him out, instead of sending your whole army to do it (Well, I always unintentionally do this).
- Seperate each fraction of your army for each threatening group of units. Ex: Send a fraction (5 people) to kill the Magikill, Send out another fraction to take care of the Archidons, etc.

This is different because you send out your whole army this time, instead of sending them out by separate sets. I know that this might be hard to maneuver, but this could be actually effective.

Well, thank you guys for commenting on this! :)

jli
04-05-2013, 09:21 PM
@THEFORCE
Ah, the whole Spearton, Giant, Archers, and Magikill thing was just an example. It would be more complicated if I said Ninjas, Albowtrosses, etc.

@DragonFrost
Well, you do make sense. It seemed that your army was weakened drastically instead of what I thought. This theory tactic was a bust.

I just have one last theory in mind...
1. Attack with your whole army
2. As the Fog of War clears up (the black fade throughout the map), skim the units that seems the most threatening (Magikill, Archidons).
3. Box/Highlight a fraction of your army to take him out, instead of sending your whole army to do it (Well, I always unintentionally do this).
- Seperate each fraction of your army for each threatening group of units. Ex: Send a fraction (5 people) to kill the Magikill, Send out another fraction to take care of the Archidons, etc.

This is different because you send out your whole army this time, instead of sending them out by separate sets. I know that this might be hard to maneuver, but this could be actually effective.

Well, thank you guys for commenting on this! :)

I actually do this all the time vs. turtlers. 1 ninja for each mage, five speartons for each giant, and albows can attack whatever.

jerrytt
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I tried this a long time ago: EPIc fail. Cuz they have a similar sized army to me, yet I use only a fraction of mine TO attack. They suffer minimum damage, I lose a fraction of my army.

Yup, the total fighting power of a group of units is in theory the square of the number of that unit. quoting military tactics now. Anything past simple models with single unit types with this rule eventually fails but this is still holds mostly true.