PDA

View Full Version : Showdown

Dash
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
After lots of practice, a try to make good animation.
http://www.fileize.com/view/cc7ac1c7-1d8/
CnC appreciated.

Lithium
04-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Holy shit awesome job dude, I'm surprised this isn't getting heaps of comments. I love long animations with slight stories, you did an excellent job showing what the enemies powers had. You seem pretty skilled at Stickanimating, I won't go into too much trouble to CC any small flaws.
What I suggest you can do to improve on your style is making your animations more fluid. I know you were probably going for that fast and stiff/powerful style, and you captured it well, but you should add more fluidity and smoothing on some of your movements, so it doesn't appear too blocky, if you know what I mean.
To do thiis, I suggest easing some of your stopping movements more, like when he lands a jump, or just stops any kind of motion, you stop the figures too fast, even for a powerful style. Doing this would add more character too.

If you tweak some movements like that, I'm sure your animations will be a bit better!
Regardless, great job, very impressed!

Alien
04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
The reason its not getting a heap on comments is because nobody like, knows this guy?

Anyways, nice job.But you need some serious work on reducing Stiffness.The moves in the animation were very very stiff and were quite repetitive.The animation was overall choppy and the effects were straight out bad.And you need some work on your particles for the fire.A bit of resizing and some cheesy moves.I would try to add effects like a glow or a blur to the fire.And the graident for the sticks was a pretty nice touch.But you probably could have done more.The blood was blockish and choppy.

nice job though.this looks pretty good.

Dash
04-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks, I really appreciate you commenting. I'm New here that's why no one knows me. And I'll try to improve my animations and work on smoothness.:D