PDA

View Full Version : Weird Strategy

merich1
04-07-2013, 10:38 AM
(Note: Usually only works on long maps, but I use it on short and medium anyway. :D)

So, basically, you start with a miner on pray and a miner on gold, and queue 4 swords. As soon as your mana reaches 56, change the praying miner to gold and get rage. Get two more swords, then attack. Rage should come up while you're getting to the opponent's base. Use rage. Kill as many miners as you can before the opponent gets a Castle Archer. When he does, run for your life. (You should have been creating miners while your swords were attacking.) Garrison all your swords, and now you can get some more miners and do whatever late-game strategy you like. The opponent will be behind. (Well, hopefully your late-game strategy involves swords too, or else you've just wasted a lot of time too.)

So, what do you think? Keep in mind I'm still in the 1300 range.

Jombloxx
04-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Im there too, but you sure this works?Also i think its good only for grass hills since it's the biggest map.Ice hills are Medium and strategy like my starting one may fuck you up.

Usman
04-07-2013, 11:37 AM
WHY THE HELL THIS IS A WIERD STRAT? its good BTW

DragonFrost
04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
It's not weird, but it isn't going to work.
Queuing 4 swords is the WORST possible strategy ever. Horrible economy, long queue Time, etc.
If you did something like:
2 swords 1 miner or
1 sword 2 miners, you are ahead economically, with a similar army (you can get enough gold to buy another sword before your first sword is done, while he has 2 miners and slowly queuing 4 swords). This strategy is a MACRO problem.

jerrytt
04-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Arg Im not very good at simulating but why cant this work on small maps? Why must this only be on large maps where people can send 1 scout, find out your army, get a castle archer before you even get to their base, and basically screw you over economically?

Invincitron
04-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi reader,

Never tried it, doesn't work... extremely bad Macro here.

Do not attempt.

.:Invincitron:.

ShadowGeneralChaos
04-08-2013, 10:03 AM
good idea, but your enemy should have a little army too...

_Ai_
04-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I guess this strategy is good for 1300s...

blu3blitz
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Could scare the enemy into surrendering. If that was the purpose of the attack