PDA

View Full Version : Explosion Test 2013

siberboy
04-11-2013, 06:27 AM
I tried to make a 3D explosion,but ended up looking like this:
http://filz.us/xNv

CnC please.
@Xero:Xero,if you are seeing this
please CnC because you are a great artist.

Xero
04-11-2013, 07:18 AM
It's a pretty good explosion overall.
What made it kinda bittersweet is that it dissapated via motion tween; yeah, don't do that.
If you're gonna FBF an explosion, you do it all the way to maintain it's continuity (Tweens on explosions don't look as good as fbf, that messed up the continuity).
That's my main issue with it, other than that there's a slight force issue where it doesn't have as much force as it looks like it should have, and I suppose it could have lasted longer.
I'll leave further cnc to others, cuz Im kinda speeding through my browsing today. (Hidro maybe, if you please.)

HyMaster
04-11-2013, 08:28 AM
It's a pretty good explosion overall.
What made it kinda bittersweet is that it dissapated via motion tween; yeah, don't do that.
If you're gonna FBF an explosion, you do it all the way to maintain it's continuity (Tweens on explosions don't look as good as fbf, that messed up the continuity).

This isn't just an FBF explosion,It's also 3d. Which makes motion tweening be better than fbf particle thingy's.
3d explo. is hard to fbf on the last part. Idk why, Most animators tend to make the 3d explosion motion tween to disappear or even
make the anim to a different angle or positions to make the flow of the explosion disappearing be pleasing(unnoticed maybe?).
Well,it depends on the style.Just don't listen to me here.

DiPi
04-11-2013, 09:30 AM
the explosion is good, the only thing wrong was the tween

don't misunderstand me, I don't mean tween must not be used
the fact is that even if you keep animating the explosion while it tweens it's good; the bad thing is when the explosion doesn't evolve anymore and it starts to fade
if try to change that, I think it's gonna turn out pretty well

siberboy
04-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks guys.
You all are great artists and I'll keep all of that in mind while animating other explosion.
@Xero:thanks for the CnC.The reason I used teen at the end was that Idk how to make an explosion disappear.
@HyMaster:Thanks man,It was my first try on 3D explosion.
@Dipi:Ya,I'll try to make the explosion evolve more while it fades.