PDA

View Full Version : How do you beat rage start?

isgood
04-20-2013, 06:28 AM
I rage start myself, as it beats many starts on medium and medium-small maps. But then about 60% of the time my opponent does the same start, and I have 2 choices: give up middle and turtle, or do a rage fight. My turtling skills suck, and from my Experiences rage fights are almost entiringly based on luck. I mean how do micro through a sword madness? The rage fight usually doesn't start until we both have about 5 or more swords, and attacking onE by one doesn't work if your talking about over 4 swords. It's really frustrating so please help! :)

Bladed Fire
04-20-2013, 06:32 AM
First, also get Archidon on the Swordwraths. You will get what it takes. Another way is to train a Spearton and of course Archidons too. Get your macro good and you can win the match.

THEFORCE
04-20-2013, 06:34 AM
I rage start myself, as it beats many starts on medium and medium-small maps. But then about 60% of the time my opponent does the same start, and I have 2 choices: give up middle and turtle, or do a rage fight. My turtling skills suck, and from my Experiences rage fights are almost entiringly based on luck. I mean how do micro through a sword madness? The rage fight usually doesn't start until we both have about 5 or more swords, and attacking onE by one doesn't work if your talking about over 4 swords. It's really frustrating so please help! :)

I do rage start too. And my opponent does the same too. But I guess that albowtross could bring them back a little? They will get archers for sure. But you can chase them with speartons and scramble his army. So spearton + albow combo would beat archer + sword. Just maybe....

I also agree on what Bladed said.

neckromorph
04-20-2013, 07:31 AM
easy, castle archer

THEFORCE
04-20-2013, 07:59 AM
easy, castle archer

Bad eco...

neckromorph
04-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Bad eco...
i don't know what it mean but ok

DragonFrost
04-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Bad Eco: bad economy, meaning you don't enough miners to have a decent economy

THEFORCE
04-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Bad Eco: bad economy, meaning you don't enough miners to have a decent economy

Exactly what he said^

jli
04-20-2013, 09:16 AM
There are tiny tricks you can use to nudge the outcome of a rage on rage battle in your favor. One thing THEFORCE mentioned was to get a group (minimum of 3) of archers, but that sets you back on sword production, so that only works if you have excellent macro and kiting skills.

THEFORCE
04-20-2013, 09:52 AM
There are tiny tricks you can use to nudge the outcome of a rage on rage battle in your favor. One thing THEFORCE mentioned was to get a group (minimum of 3) of archers, but that sets you back on sword production, so that only works if you have excellent macro and kiting skills.

OK. That might work. What concerns me that I saw a replay of someone who sword massed with rage and then got it low on swords and a bit higher on archers. He had the opponent back for a moment. But the opponent won.(Note: The opponent was rage massing too.) But to be fair, he only won with a giant. But that doesn't mean his start got beaten. That mean that getting archers after swords is a good idea. To make it more specific, The guy who lost had like 4 archers and queuing 2 more. while the other one had only 3 archers but masses of swords. Weirdly, The one with sword mass gone for the swords instead of archers. And he lost all of them. But if he gone for archer, It could have been a different story. It might work. But I'm unsure.

jli
04-20-2013, 10:08 AM
OK. That might work. What concerns me that I saw a replay of someone who sword massed with rage and then got it low on swords and a bit higher on archers. He had the opponent back for a moment. But the opponent won.(Note: The opponent was rage massing too.) But to be fair, he only won with a giant. But that doesn't mean his start got beaten. That mean that getting archers after swords is a good idea. To make it more specific, The guy who lost had like 4 archers and queuing 2 more. while the other one had only 3 archers but masses of swords. Weirdly, The one with sword mass gone for the swords instead of archers. And he lost all of them. But if he gone for archer, It could have been a different story. It might work. But I'm unsure.

The thing with archer massing is that if the sword masser is smart and gets just ONE spearton your plan is foiled.

THEFORCE
04-20-2013, 10:45 AM
The thing with archer massing is that if the sword masser is smart and gets just ONE spearton your plan is foiled.

Correct. But that will make him back a little. Cause I don't see much people get speartons before they get 3 archers and a decent amount of swords.

jojamajo
04-23-2013, 08:13 AM
I get this alot on small maps, and thats the thing i dont like about them. Therefore, my starter for the game is usually training three miners. After they are all trained, sometimes the opponent might send out a few swordies, or maybe at the start the sword-archer combo. I usually cancel out any training for the miners, and build castle archer as soon as possible. One time, i was too late in canceling out a miner, and i couldnt afford a castle archer, and since he kept attacking, not letting me get gold, i lost the game. i was so annoyed cuz i only neede like 50 gold, but castle archer IS VITAL in small maps pretty much. most of my losses (14) are against chaos. i have 69 wins, and am on the top 100. CASTLE ARCHER IS A HAVE TO ON A SMALL MAP.

THEFORCE
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I get this alot on small maps, and thats the thing i dont like about them. Therefore, my starter for the game is usually training three miners. After they are all trained, sometimes the opponent might send out a few swordies, or maybe at the start the sword-archer combo. I usually cancel out any training for the miners, and build castle archer as soon as possible. One time, i was too late in canceling out a miner, and i couldnt afford a castle archer, and since he kept attacking, not letting me get gold, i lost the game. i was so annoyed cuz i only neede like 50 gold, but castle archer IS VITAL in small maps pretty much. most of my losses (14) are against chaos. i have 69 wins, and am on the top 100. CASTLE ARCHER IS A HAVE TO ON A SMALL MAP.

You'll be good if you didn't build 3 miners on a SMALL map. The opponent could rush you with anything. And as you said. You were to late. And to prevent that from happening is that you build an army at early game Think about it. In all ways, the opponent will have more economy than you. He could build a tower spawn and back it up with archers. Or build a spearton. And some merics to heal. While you keep building miners...

YJang
04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
If there's bunch of swords raging, u should get magikill and use all 3 kinds of spells with some speartons. If you can get more archidons than your opponent's swords, you can win too.

THEFORCE
04-24-2013, 03:37 AM
If there's bunch of swords raging, u should get magikill and use all 3 kinds of spells with some speartons. If you can get more archidons than your opponent's swords, you can win too.

But that's late game. Sword rushers tend to finish the game early to prevent that from happening. Or they just suicide all their swords late game, in a trade for giants, speartons and merics.

40fy
04-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Castle archidons are very good against the larger rushes. For the smaller, quicker rushes, use about 5 archidons. Any less and you will be overwhelmed, any more and your opponent will be able to make a bunch of speartons or giants and obliterate you.