PDA

View Full Version : Valor

stone
04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/valorgame.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/valorgameplay.shtml)
Challenge accepted bro! Upgrade your armor to unlock new valor combos!

CONTROLS:
- Arrow keys to move
- A = attack
- S = block
- D = bomb
- Z = potion
- Double tap forward arrow to roll
- Double tap space to jump

Unlock armor kits to gain access to the other levels that require it, as well as change your armor kits with the 1 - 4 keys to match your armor kit to certain mini bosses and mini bosses in Valor Survival. Survival is unlocked when you beat the game!

_Ai_
04-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Who's the voice actor? I like him.

Played this. Seems like if you get both dark and holy armor before entering level 4, you cant get in.

stone
04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
You have to get the matching armor kit for the level. So if its got a red aura around the level = red armor, white = white, black = black.
Same goes for the mini boss enemies, you have to change to the right armor kit to be able to hurt them.

I voiced it xD

_Ai_
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Oh, I see. Lol I got stuck there, time to get back in.

And I like your voice. Especially when he says seems legit XD

stone
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, we had a bunch more of sound clips too that we didn't use. However, I do need to have an improved area for voice acting. Some clips were so crackly that we were forced to remove them entirely.

Apex-Predator
04-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Glad this has finally been released, good work stone and seth

acb
04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
This game is probably better than the other ones Stone has made previously, but I can't help noticing the same problems with each game.

It seems that when you run, jump or attack you slide unavoidably, making the game a little frustrating.

Every time you turn left or right, the v-cam moves also according to the angle, which can make it harder to jump on things.The camera switch isn't smooth at all so it puts me off the game altogether.

I think it would be better if the camera was maybe further away, so that you can focus more on the stick man and the environment, which in fact makes the player appreciate the game more, entirely.

Also, attacking enemies can be quite dull since you only need to go mad at one key, you don't really get a variety of glorious combos..

The voice acting is okay, but it doesn't really fit the game's orientation. It could also be of a higher quality since I could hear when the recording starts and stops.

Overall I give this game a 6/10 but improving on a few of the problems I came across it could easily be an 8/10.

stone
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
This game is probably better than the other ones Stone has made previously, but I can't help noticing the same problems with each game.

It seems that when you run, jump or attack you slide unavoidably, making the game a little frustrating.

Every time you turn left or right, the v-cam moves also according to the angle, which can make it harder to jump on things.The camera switch isn't smooth at all so it puts me off the game altogether.

I think it would be better if the camera was maybe further away, so that you can focus more on the stick man and the environment, which in fact makes the player appreciate the game more, entirely.

Also, attacking enemies can be quite dull since you only need to go mad at one key, you don't really get a variety of glorious combos..

The voice acting is okay, but it doesn't really fit the game's orientation. It could also be of a higher quality since I could hear when the recording starts and stops.

Overall I give this game a 6/10 but improving on a few of the problems I came across it could easily be an 8/10.

I can agree with you here on a few points and I appreciate the review! There were some minute changes ( such as the sliding being added in ) per request of CJ. The camera's odd movement when switching direction was suppose to take care of a viewing issue when having multiple enemies on the screen. It allow syou to keep them on target, in a sense. The more combo's thing is suppose to come with buying the kits. Each kit has a unique combo and valor special aside from the first model which is just a health, armor and dmg upgrade.

All in all, I hope I could clarify a bit on why some of the things were the way they are :}

Thanks for the review!

acb
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I can agree with you here on a few points and I appreciate the review! There were some minute changes ( such as the sliding being added in ) per request of CJ. The camera's odd movement when switching direction was suppose to take care of a viewing issue when having multiple enemies on the screen. It allow syou to keep them on target, in a sense. The more combo's thing is suppose to come with buying the kits. Each kit has a unique combo and valor special aside from the first model which is just a health, armor and dmg upgrade.

All in all, I hope I could clarify a bit on why some of the things were the way they are :}

Thanks for the review!

I'm glad you assessed and concurred, I appreciate that.
I still feel it would add a ton of adventure to the game if it really felt third-person giving you more control. But I guess that's just my preference.

Good job overall~ :)

Law
04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
I pressed P thinking that it would pause the game.....
But it just made the guy poop.....
Dafuq stone XD!?!?!?!

exceld
04-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Dafuq stone XD!?!?!?!

lol... XD Stone is joking. That's useless... -_-

Tsang
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Well, I tried out the game yesterday and I've gotta say, this is probably the best game you've ever worked on, next to RapidFire.

The only problem I had with the game was probably how quick it took to get the highest equipped armor. I thought that the armor should be more of a challenge to get, because I had gotten the Hell armor set in around ~5 minutes.

But again, this was a great game overall. The fighting mechanics were excellent and it reminds me of Cosmoseth's older games, and I'd like to see more games like this in the future.

Thanks. :D

stone
04-23-2013, 11:21 AM
Dafuq stone XD!?!?!?!
Believe it or not its an attack too!
You can stack valor with it if you time it right xD

_Ai_
04-23-2013, 11:23 AM

Lol, what?! Gotta test this.

Tsang
04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Lmao, looks like I've got something to try out.

S-Critical
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
i jumped and glitched somehow ._.
http://www.fileize.com/files/c69d4c99/c5f/wat.png

HOW- HOW... WTF D:
explain plz stone...

but epic game! "DUDE DO YOU EVEN LIFT" XD

stone
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM
i jumped and glitched somehow ._.
http://www.fileize.com/files/c69d4c99/c5f/wat.png

HOW- HOW... WTF D:
explain plz stone...

but epic game! "DUDE DO YOU EVEN LIFT" XD

I've no clue. Try and recreate what you did and we'll see if we can find a fix?

S-Critical
04-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I was on roughly 150 kills and those axe guys (FUCKING.... AXE GUYS) and the other swarm of swords, ninjas and giants attacked me again and again, so i would often go flying. one time i went flying and was on the far left of the valor mode area, i simply jumped and i fell though the ground O_O.

stone
04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
lol okay. Well you definitely had to do some digging for that.
Beating the game + 150 kills on survival mode. Thats like.. 2 hours of playing? Probably ish? (sweet!)

I brought it to the coders attention. We'll see what we can do here.

Cosmoseth
04-23-2013, 05:03 PM
dayum my b son, ill get onnit

stone
04-23-2013, 06:27 PM
*Fixed and the updated version will be up shortly.

exceld
04-24-2013, 06:33 AM

lol... I died, because I got too many poops XD

Fordz
04-24-2013, 10:16 AM
RapidFire is still the best for me but this goes next to it. Nice work Stone. Did about 250+ kills in less than 30 minutes using that awesome hell armor's special!

Salt
04-25-2013, 02:13 AM
This is difficult, even though I chose potato.

stone
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
This is difficult, even though I chose potato.

Shouldn't be xD
1/2 the enemies spawn with much less HP and attack rate.

Invincitron
05-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Hi stone,

Will there be a sequel?

.:Invincitron:.

stone
05-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Hi stone,

Will there be a sequel?

If people really want one :}

Invincitron
05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi stone,

I want one! Oh and stone, can you make it so that your progress is saved onto your computer so you can restore it? I keep losing my progress.

Vion
05-04-2013, 03:51 AM
Yes, i have completed this game at "potato" difficulties. At the "Valor Mode", i killed about 107 people.

And when you press P, that guy will shit!!

Awesome game..
Yay!! :D

tornado
05-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Amazing work stone really nice game.

Mustika
05-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Another great game from Stone and Seth! (I've played Strollin' and Andre's Adventure before btw.)
If there's any sequels for this and your other games, I'll be waiting for it. :D

harvie89
05-19-2013, 11:14 PM
350 kills (Normal Mode)

I didn't finished it cuz mum and I need to go somewhere :/

this is how is feel

<-------------------------

Molgera
05-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Looks cool.
I might play it when I have the time.