PDA

View Full Version : my first flip(no jump included)

Blot
06-05-2008, 05:57 AM
ok i did my first flip but i didnt animate a jump
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii184/edwardo0/flip.gif

credit to powerfuse0 for the stick

MrCheesy
06-05-2008, 06:32 AM
It was heaps heaps heaps............. STIFF.
You should have animated a jump, serously.
The physics were off aswell...
I am sorry to say this but I think you failed X|

Blot
06-05-2008, 06:34 AM
ok, not the first time i have heard that i have failed lol....... just thort i would animate a flip cos i cant animate a jump....... i have tried and failed, just like i did with tis

MrCheesy
06-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Keep trying and you will eventually get it.

Blot
06-05-2008, 06:36 AM
ok im gonna add u to msn blacky..... that is if it is ok, because i need serious help at the moment

MrCheesy
06-05-2008, 06:44 AM
You can add me to MSN if you want, but I won't be on till tomorow... maybee. Got soem homework to catch up on :/

power fuse0
06-05-2008, 11:01 AM
search for my backflip tutorial on the pivot tuts section, if noe, then youtube it.

fatality
06-05-2008, 01:53 PM
It dosent look to bad...

Wounded
06-05-2008, 03:25 PM
The title says it all so get ready eh?:Happy:

Okay , the flip seemed stiff, and the falling speed was ..eh slow.

What i suggest is actuly do a Jump animation first... then work on a flip.

Working on the jump shows you how to land from such a hieght and how it affects your stick. Practice in real life the action. If you jump high enough your body wieght should make you 'sink' down and then you stand up again. That is what your animation looks like. In the tutorials section there is a flip tut I belive , check it out it is great. I'll cover what i basicly goes over.

You stick will simply get ready for the jump (bend down with his knees , leaning over slightly and arms ready raised above his head). Then he springs up with his legs forward , his legs should be pushing him forward and up while his body bends abit forward in kind of a tuck motion while his arms begin the start the flip. ( The arms control the begining of the flip Its momentem like on a trapolean , help you flip) After the his legs should be in the air now and he is in a almost medium slow flip and his arms curled up against him and his bending over. His legs now will follow now, causing him to spin faster. Then when he lands , simply add his wieght to it ad gravity and he should land slowly to either a kneel or a half kneel and then stand.

Hope it helps Remmeber courtesy... vvvvvvvvvvv :D hope to see more :Happy:

๖ۣۜMomo22901
06-06-2008, 02:31 AM
it was ok but when he was dont flipping he was really stuffed... soz

Rabstar
06-06-2008, 02:48 AM
the actual flip is good
there shud be a launch though
and he stays in the same position
but i like it
dunno why