PDA

View Full Version : Idea I Thought Of 2.0

merich1
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Hopefully this is better than my last idea...

So, what's the hard counter to cloaked Shadowrath?

Wouldn't 3 Enslaved Giants, a bunch of Merics, two Magikill (always keep an extra just in case), and the hard counter to cloaked Shadowrath be pretty much unstoppable against Order?

(And for those of you who say that if you have that army, the opponent wasn't harassing you enough, I have a decent army for early-middle game and then I sacrifice it when I get to the cap to complete my late army.)

So, does it work?

EDIT: I looked around on some other threads and found that Albowtross is generally considered the hard counter to Shadowrath. So does Blazing Bolts hit cloak then? Because otherwise it's not really useful for this strategy.

FailingAtFailing
04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Nothing can hit a cloaked shadowrath except spells, although albows kinda beat shadowrath

THEFORCE
04-23-2013, 11:31 AM
Giants are weak to shadowwrath. IF the shadowwraths are in masses. So they can hit and run. They can also be protected by tower spawn. It happened to me once. At the end I had 3 giants. And the other guy had tons of shadowwraths. I tried to get tower spawn. But he was going to do damage and poison my giants. So I built walls and 2 merics. Which didn't work greatly. He kept assassinating and running. Until he got the 3 of my giants.

FailingAtFailing
04-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Fully grown giants, more than 2, get a ninja in stunlock, it's dead. Meric heals it, person with ninjas loses money.

Unless you have like 5 ninjas on one giants, and even then....

jerrytt
04-23-2013, 07:51 PM
You wont be able to do much to the ninjas while they are cloaked, unless your buddylucky. Just try as hard as possible to see them first and mooved your mages/merics away. Once their uncloaked, giants, albows, and archers stun and pick off stragglers.

THEFORCE
04-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Sometimes it's too late if you don't have walls. My opinion, cast electric wall in front of mage and quickly escape. It will do essential damage and maybe hesitate the opponent to come with his shadow.

Phaxtolgia
04-28-2013, 01:51 AM
The best posse way to counter this is to get Spartans and flying crossbowmen. Have all your other units garrisoned or behind a wooden wall that miners can make.

Don't forget to upgrade shield block then shield bash in that order. That way fewer shadowraths can run away after attacking a bit, since shield bash stuns enemy units, which is useful in a lot of cases. :)

THEFORCE
04-28-2013, 05:09 AM
Good idea! :)

PUMU
05-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Giants are weak to shadowwrath. IF the shadowwraths are in masses. So they can hit and run. They can also be protected by tower spawn. It happened to me once. At the end I had 3 giants. And the other guy had tons of shadowwraths. I tried to get tower spawn. But he was going to do damage and poison my giants. So I built walls and 2 merics. Which didn't work greatly. He kept assassinating and running. Until he got the 3 of my giants.

huehuehuehuehuehue...

THEFORCE
05-06-2013, 01:13 PM
huehuehuehuehuehue...

:S Could you explain?

PUMU
05-06-2013, 02:28 PM
WrathofShadows is known to shadow mass and i have smashed a 3 giants followed by 2 merics and a magikill

THEFORCE
05-06-2013, 02:43 PM
WrathofShadows is known to shadow mass and i have smashed a 3 giants followed by 2 merics and a magikill

OH. Then, congrats for explaining it.

PUMU
05-10-2013, 08:57 PM
:D

awesomebloc
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Maybe now shadows can get some recognition >.>

macaroniinacup
05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
i think 2.0 might be elemental (if its coming out) or death match/custom match update

THEFORCE
05-14-2013, 06:54 PM
i think 2.0 might be elemental (if its coming out) or death match/custom match update

No it's not like patch 2.0 He means it's his second idea.

YJang
05-16-2013, 08:22 PM
huehuehuehuehuehue...

huh? hue

nullhead
05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
shadowraith cloaks eventually wear off, but in the meantime, use the guerrilla tactic of running untill you can hit, and when he cloaks again, repeat.
the best unit for this is raging swords, preferably two cycled troops.