PDA

View Full Version : First Try at Stick Figure Animation

chuksxy
04-23-2013, 08:19 AM
well, I didn't really know where to post this so please forgive me.:rolleyes:. well, this is my first try at stick figure animation after watching several videos and scrolling through frame by frame of some of the very best animations i came out with this. This took me like an hour or so. This was done in blender and edited in PS by the way.
CnC would be appreciated:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDB6_CbGOqM&feature=youtu.be

here is the is a .swf just in case.
http://*************/open/1366722561

exceld
04-23-2013, 08:31 AM
lol.... That's smooth. But yeah, that's a 3d animation and it always being smooth XD Nice one :) But it will be more great if you add a sound and some force on the camera. And add some effects so it will be more powerfull, like the wind or you can add more particles . It will be awesome :) Nice 3D animation lol

chuksxy
04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
lol. thank you very much for the critique.:) I will definitely add sound and more effects in my next animation. Since this was my first try I didn't want to over do it :rolleyes:.

S.A.
04-23-2013, 08:42 AM
It looks like you concentrated more on the white stickman's animation than the black one's. Since the start to the end, the jump and the landing is weird. He seems to land a bit more left wards than required. Also, while their swords collide in the air, the black stickman moves more up wards. That gives an unrealistic gravity feeling. Er, if you know what I mean...
But I liked the white stickman's movements. Good job!

exceld
04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
lol. thank you very much for the critique.:) I will definitely add sound and more effects in my next animation. Since this was my first try I didn't want to over do it :rolleyes:.

I see.. >.> Good luck then :)

Nanite
04-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Did you use Blender for this?

exceld
04-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Did you use Blender for this?

Yes... he said that lol >.>

Ikarhan
04-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Wow, very nice looking result, but when you look closely, as Nanite said, the black stickman is weird. I don't know if you try like me to imagine the pose in real life. Ir helps, you say to yourself "Would my bones be able to do that O_o" and you can correct. I also use a game called Toribash as inspiration for hits sometimes. toribash.com ;)

Draves
04-23-2013, 02:05 PM
dude if you used blender for this you could've easily made epic angles.. should've

chuksxy
04-25-2013, 01:28 AM
It looks like you concentrated more on the white stickman's animation than the black one's. Since the start to the end, the jump and the landing is weird. He seems to land a bit more left wards than required. Also, while their swords collide in the air, the black stickman moves more up wards. That gives an unrealistic gravity feeling. Er, if you know what I mean...
But I liked the white stickman's movements. Good job!
lool. yes i indeed focused more on the white stick animation. I made that one first before I made the black stick animation. so that's why it's pretty weird.i'll try my best next time to balance it out.:)

DigitalFlamer105
04-25-2013, 03:37 AM
Very nice dude, It's so smooth... :D

but I gotta say the black stickfigure's movement sure is weird o.o I kept replaying it and the jump for the black stickman was down a little bit...Anyway Great job dude.