PDA

View Full Version : Turtle + shadow

THEFORCE
04-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Did you ever come over a guy who unexpectedly brought up a shadowwrath in mid-game only for killing your archidons and swordwraths?

Well it happened to me a couple of times now, and honestly I have no idea on how to counter it..

This is a replay of me vs jli while he was practicing his turtle: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1027563&version=1.60 As you can see, he got a shadowwrath to kill my kiting archers. And some other, a 1300 guy did the same thing, but he was attacking kinda, but bottom line is, I can't stop the shadow until I get giants...And even then the shadow could escape.

Post your comments and replays, and tell me if it worked with you and if you know how to counter. (If you thinking about albowtross, well uhh. It's not exactly my start, and I just want something to kill the shadow).

DiPi
04-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Did you ever come over a guy who unexpectedly brought up a shadowwrath in mid-game only for killing your archidons and swordwraths?

Well it happened to me a couple of times now, and honestly I have no idea on how to counter it..

This is a replay of me vs jli while he was practicing his turtle: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1027563&version=1.60 As you can see, he got a shadowwrath to kill my kiting archers. And some other, a 1300 guy did the same thing, but he was attacking kinda, but bottom line is, I can't stop the shadow until I get giants...And even then the shadow could escape.

Post your comments and replays, and tell me if it worked with you and if you know how to counter. (If you thinking about albowtross, well uhh. It's not exactly my start, and I just want something to kill the shadow).

I didn't even have to look at the whole video to understand

your problem is that you have a bad start: by not keeping pressure on him, you let him make all the miners he wanted
at tha point, he can make any unit spam he wants. be it ninjas, speartons or albawtrosses

if you find yourself fighting against someone who's making a ninja spam, try to disturb his economy as much as possible, since ninja can't be fully used when defending only
if he already has a good economy, go for albows, miner walls, castle archer lv3 and 1/2 magikills behind the walls: if he attacks, he gets seriously weakened by magikill wall or poison + archers; if he defends, you maul the shit out of him thanks to albows

that's my opinion

THEFORCE
04-26-2013, 11:13 AM
I didn't even have to look at the whole video to understand

your problem is that you have a bad start: by not keeping pressure on him, you let him make all the miners he wanted
at tha point, he can make any unit spam he wants. be it ninjas, speartons or albawtrosses

if you find yourself fighting against someone who's making a ninja spam, try to disturb his economy as much as possible, since ninja can't be fully used when defending only
if he already has a good economy, go for albows, miner walls, castle archer lv3 and 1/2 magikills behind the walls: if he attacks, he gets seriously weakened by magikill wall or poison + archers; if he defends, you maul the shit out of him thanks to albows

that's my opinion

He only built 1 NINJA. Plus if you actually see the replay, you'll find out he was TURTLING and I was putting pressure with my archers.

EDIT: I could get an albow and be safe from ninjas. But then he'll get giants supported by speartons and merics. I must have a better combination to win. Problem is that I want to break his turtle early. But he could get speartons and archers with some merics and tec-up to giants.

ShadowGeneralChaos
04-27-2013, 03:18 AM
mmh... thats a real problem.

YJang
04-27-2013, 10:16 AM
I watched the video and your economy was always a bit lower than your opponent, I think thats one of the problem. Ninjas can retreat and attack back easily and in order, there's only one thing that's fast as ninja- raging swords. If you target ninja with it, you can kill it, it's also better if you have giant because you can stun them. Another way is to use speartons with some other army, remember that you can stun ninja with spearton- shield bash. It might be hard but you need a line of spearton, so you'll need 6 speartons. For example, you make 6 speartons blocked with some archers behind it, when they come to you with ninja shinobi and kill some archers and try to retreat, you can just do shield bash and kill them all, but if the ninja was going straight to your miner/statue, you will just need some army to destroy it, it's not going to be hard because they already used shinobi.

THEFORCE
04-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I watched the video and your economy was always a bit lower than your opponent, I think thats one of the problem. Ninjas can retreat and attack back easily and in order, there's only one thing that's fast as ninja- raging swords. If you target ninja with it, you can kill it, it's also better if you have giant because you can stun them. Another way is to use speartons with some other army, remember that you can stun ninja with spearton- shield bash. It might be hard but you need a line of spearton, so you'll need 6 speartons. For example, you make 6 speartons blocked with some archers behind it, when they come to you with ninja shinobi and kill some archers and try to retreat, you can just do shield bash and kill them all, but if the ninja was going straight to your miner/statue, you will just need some army to destroy it, it's not going to be hard because they already used shinobi.

It's not shinobi..It's the normal uncloaked shadow speed. Plus, he did have better economy, mainly because I was trying to build units to break his turtle, while he only had to build miners and then speartons. Also, he got the ninja early enough before I had even started training a giant, it killed my archers, and I can't do a big deal about it. Also he only needed one shadowrath, plus the lack of my economy made me build units slowly, I didn't think of shield bash, but shadow must be supported with other units, plus if I do stun him, it will only stun him for a bit, he won't get killed since my army isn't big enough.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
It's not shinobi..It's the normal uncloaked shadow speed. Plus, he did have better economy, mainly because I was trying to build units to break his turtle, while he only had to build miners and then speartons. Also, he got the ninja early enough before I had even started training a giant, it killed my archers, and I can't do a big deal about it. Also he only needed one shadowrath, plus the lack of my economy made me build units slowly, I didn't think of shield bash, but shadow must be supported with other units, plus if I do stun him, it will only stun him for a bit, he won't get killed since my army isn't big enough.

OK, this thread is old but: You havnt bought miner wall. Miner wall is weak agains shadow, but you can win a little time with that, I hope...