PDA

View Full Version : Help With Late Game

merich1
04-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Okay, I've been doing terrible lately. I do know why.

I have no semblance of a late-game balanced army.

I usually start Sword+Archer on long, 2 Miners 1 Sword on short or medium (3 Miners if I don't think he's going to rush me). So, I get 8 Miners on gold, 4 on mana, Castle Archer, it's all good.

Now I morph into Aiman Turtle with Spears+Albas. I get Blazing Bolts, a Magikill with all spells to kill Sword masses, a Shadow with Shinobi II, Miner Hustle, Tower Spawn I, it's all good, too.

Here's where I start failing. I have no idea what to do next, so I just keep going Spears+Albas. Opponent has Swords, Spears, fully grown Giants, a Magikill, and a couple Merics. I assassinate the Magikill. My Shadow dies. I pwn the Swords with my Magikill and I pwn the Spears with my Albas. My Spears are now low in health because of the Swords. The Giants kill everything I have.

I lose.

But that's not really the point. I need a list of different useful late-game builds, and I need advice on which is best for me.

Thanks!

(in advance.)

Invincitron
04-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi merich1,

Well, you shouldn't start like that on those maps. Anyway, late gate against Order as Order will be a few Giants, Speartons, and Magikill. Late game against Chaos as Order would be a Giant mass with Speartons, and tons of Merics. Late game against Chaos as Chaos would be Giants, Medusas, Jugger Knights, and Eclipsors. Late game against Order as Chaos would be TONS of Eclipsors, a few Jugger Knights, and about 1 - 2 Medusas.

.:Invincitron:.

lequan1910
04-28-2013, 11:22 PM
You should have at least 2 Magikill to poison and Electric Wall. Also one explosion from magikill would kill a bunch of raged swordmen :) Hope that helped.

godswarth
04-29-2013, 04:52 AM

I usually start Sword+Archer on long, 2 Miners 1 Sword on short or medium

Um, i don't get it. Shouldn't we be doing the EXACT opposite? correct me if i'm wrong but i'm a bit confused atm

Invincitron
04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi reader,

No godswarth, you are fight.

ShadowGeneralChaos
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM

I usually start Sword+Archer on long, 2 Miners 1 Sword on short or medium (3 Miners if I don't think he's going to rush me). So, I get 8 Miners on gold, 4 on mana, Castle Archer, it's all good.

Now I morph into Aiman Turtle with Spears+Albas. I get Blazing Bolts, a Magikill with all spells to kill Sword masses, a Shadow with Shinobi II, Miner Hustle, Tower Spawn I, it's all good, too.

Here's where I start failing. I have no idea what to do next, so I just keep going Spears+Albas. Opponent has Swords, Spears, fully grown Giants, a Magikill, and a couple Merics. I assassinate the Magikill. My Shadow dies. I pwn the Swords with my Magikill and I pwn the Spears with my Albas. My Spears are now low in health because of the Swords. The Giants kill everything I have.

I lose.

But that's not really the point. I need a list of different useful late-game builds, and I need advice on which is best for me.

Thanks!

(in advance.)

Ok, at first: sword archer on long? I make 1 sword and 2 miners or turtle!!!!
2. On short, I would make sword archer.
3. In the end of the turtle, sacreficing a few miners when your population is full (so you can continue training fighting units)
4. when you think, is going giant mass, counter with spearton mass. side not: If he got magikills, kill them first( if you poissoned, garrison)

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 11:45 AM
1 Sword + 1 archer on short maps, 2 miners + 1 sword on medium maps, 2 miners + 1 sword on long maps.

For late game, I had trouble too. I couldn't figure out how to finish game early after I have won the opening. But a good combination of units is based on what your opponent have. If he has speartons(lots of them) get swordwraths, if he has swordwrath, get magikill and speartons to tank. If he has giants. A good combination of swords + magikill or spears + magikill could finish it. Of course with merics.

Phaxtolgia
04-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Same here. I can't exactly beat late games. ;/

badplayer
04-29-2013, 05:33 PM
whats your username and code? i think the best way to solve your problem would be to just play through a few games

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 08:39 PM
whats your username and code? i think the best way to solve your problem would be to just play through a few games

Exactly. Practicing and developing your own strategy for late game factors, would be the perfect solution.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-01-2013, 03:06 AM
ok, for me, in late games, are magikills essential for my army, and of course merics with cure ability.

Narsheh
05-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I may confuse lots of people here, but here's what I always like to do when I'm bored.

I usually have a decent army of Speartons, Flying Crossbowmen, and 1 Giant.

As my miners become useless, I send them to die (like what everyone would do). But then, I mass Swordwraths (Not Shadowwraths). I mass as many Swordwraths as I can and I research Rage. When I felt I don't have enough Swordwraths, I send one of my main units to die (Flying Crossbowmen). I then buy X number of Swordwraths. I always garrison my Swordwraths in my castle.

When my opponent decides to attack, I will try and kill all of my opponent's units that are a threat to my Swordwraths (Magikills and Flying Crossbowmen). I would obviously lose the battle against my opponent's Giant mass.

I then act like I am raging and I act like I lost the battle. Until I unleashed my 30-40 Swordwraths! :D

Usually, it works all the time, and I just love to see the reaction of my opponent's face.

Extra: You should only do this if your opponent is camping at his base for over 20 minutes and you know he's going to Giant mass.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-07-2013, 07:57 AM
I may confuse lots of people here, but here's what I always like to do when I'm bored.

I usually have a decent army of Speartons, Flying Crossbowmen, and 1 Giant.

As my miners become useless, I send them to die (like what everyone would do). But then, I mass Swordwraths (Not Shadowwraths). I mass as many Swordwraths as I can and I research Rage. When I felt I don't have enough Swordwraths, I send one of my main units to die (Flying Crossbowmen). I then buy X number of Swordwraths. I always garrison my Swordwraths in my castle.

When my opponent decides to attack, I will try and kill all of my opponent's units that are a threat to my Swordwraths (Magikills and Flying Crossbowmen). I would obviously lose the battle against my opponent's Giant mass.

I then act like I am raging and I act like I lost the battle. Until I unleashed my 30-40 Swordwraths! :D

Usually, it works all the time, and I just love to see the reaction of my opponent's face.

Extra: You should only do this if your opponent is camping at his base for over 20 minutes and you know he's going to Giant mass.

wow, not bad

Invincitron
05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi reader,

Marsheh almost defeated my Chaos cause he caught me by surprise but my Marrowkai defeated him (Hells Fists). Ah, see Marrowkai's Hell's Fists splash damage is very useful.

THEFORCE
05-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Hi reader,

Marsheh almost defeated my Chaos cause he caught me by surprise but my Marrowkai defeated him (Hells Fists). Ah, see Marrowkai's Hell's Fists splash damage is very useful.

._. In Alpha?????????

nullhead
05-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I think the problem with most of you is the beginning, where you make common errors, the endgame is actually very rare to lose if you make the least mistakes according to what your opponent does compared to his mistakes according to what you do. so, I think it is the beginning and middle that are the largest factors, if you do the best, the endgame isn't hard.