PDA

View Full Version : The Best Unit to Upgrade

Invincitron
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi reader,

To you, what's the best unit to upgrade?

.:Invincitron:.

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Magikill hat. Ability of spawning minions is probably the most useful to me. Next to that, the archidon's fire arrows. Which are simply more useful in SW rather than SE. Also the swordwrath sword comes after the miner's mining rate, big bag size. And of course, statue income

Invincitron
04-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

You picked Miner instead of Magikill?

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

You picked Miner instead of Magikill?

Well, yeah. I thought about it, and most people don't use magikill much, therefore, don't upgrade him. It is just my strategy. Plus, if you don't upgrade miners, then you're pretty much screwed in harder levels.

Invincitron
04-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi reader,

I never upgrade my Miners. I get 3 upgraded Magikills... I didn't pick Magikill because Passive is WAY better.

.:Invincitron:>

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Hi reader,

I never upgrade my Miners. I get 3 upgraded Magikills... I didn't pick Magikill because Passive is WAY better.

.:Invincitron:>

Passive is the MOST important upgrade along with miner's mining rate and mining bag size. Economy boost = certain win, if has good unit choices.

jli
04-29-2013, 10:18 PM
I upgrade the swordwrath. Completely. That's the first thing I upgrade. Then fire arrows for the archidons. Swordwrath can solo 10-20 units of the AI, archidons pick off the tanky units. Occasionally you might need a spearton or two to take care of giants and a magikill for crowd control.

THEFORCE
04-29-2013, 10:25 PM
I upgrade the swordwrath. Completely. That's the first thing I upgrade. Then fire arrows for the archidons. Swordwrath can solo 10-20 units of the AI, archidons pick off the tanky units. Occasionally you might need a spearton or two to take care of giants and a magikill for crowd control.

Well, that's on normal. LOL. I do use swordwrath upgrade a lot. It's the starter. It is important. But I do think miners are more important.

Invincitron
04-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi reader,

jli how will you get a good stream of money then? Getting 9 Miners? (I usually get 5 and I upgrade Miners and passive, that's how much gold I need even with upgrades).

THEFORCE
04-30-2013, 04:27 AM
Hi reader,

jli how will you get a good stream of money then? Getting 9 Miners? (I usually get 5 and I upgrade Miners and passive, that's how much gold I need even with upgrades).

5 miners? I get like 9-10 miners each game. This won't help you on levels like ice hills or desert on insane mode.

Invincitron
04-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi THEFORCE,

9 - 10 Miners (O_O)...

jli
04-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Hi reader,

Manual mining. If you do it right you can have half as many miners as the enemy and still have 2x the eco.

THEFORCE
04-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Manual mining. If you do it right you can have half as many miners as the enemy and still have 2x the eco.

I don't use manual mining, but I seen people use it. I just like to focus on my army than to focus on my mining. Controlling a swordwrath on insane mode on ice hills or desert requires skill and concentrating, therefore, when the enemy rushes early with sword + archer, you need full control on swordwrath, not on miner.

asdfstick
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Speartons with full upgrades plus manual control = domination to the enemy Passive income gold is also one of the best to upgrade. I just forgot to select that one as well.

THEFORCE
04-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Speartons with full upgrades plus manual control = domination to the enemy Passive income gold is also one of the best to upgrade. I just forgot to select that one as well.

It does help a lot. But it won't help you alot vs giant, magikill minions combination.

Tecness2
04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Spearton. Manual control a fully upgraded spearton, overpowered.

Invincitron
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Tecness2,

Over powered? If that's so that means I suck at using em.

YJang
05-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Swordwrath, of course, when you controll them, you can go back of the enemy and kill them.

Invincitron
05-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Hi reader,

I use glitch with Archidon... go behind enemies and kill em.

isgood
05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
i wish this was multiple choice

asdfstick
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
I should've selected miner(mining rate),spearton, and passive income :/. I'd rather the mining rate than the bag capacity.

THEFORCE
05-05-2013, 03:46 PM
I should've selected miner(mining rate),spearton, and passive income :/. I'd rather the mining rate than the bag capacity.

Me too. But they're both important.

Narsheh
05-06-2013, 07:13 PM
I save all my upgrade points until I unlocked the Spearton. I then upgrade everything on it.

Did you know I manage to destroy the whole Swordwrath ambush with only 1 Spearton? xD

THEFORCE
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
I save all my upgrade points until I unlocked the Spearton. I then upgrade everything on it.

Did you know I manage to destroy the whole Swordwrath ambush with only 1 Spearton? xD

? On insane??? O_o

Invincitron
05-07-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi reader,

I think on Normal cause doing that on Insane is Insane.

THEFORCE
05-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi reader,

I think on Normal cause doing that on Insane is Insane.

But doing that on normal is normal, and doing that on hard is hard....:P

Invincitron
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

So it's never easy? Eh..

Match? Login.

THEFORCE
05-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

So it's never easy? Eh..

Match? Login.

OK.

THEFORCE, 142

Invincitron
05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

Let me login. Don't go anywhere.

THEFORCE
05-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi THEFORCE,

Let me login. Don't go anywhere.

I'm right here.

Skeletonxf
11-14-2013, 09:32 AM
In my opinion it completely depends on play style. I myself max out swords and archers, with a few points in Magikill and just play a survival game to starve out my AI opponent. Eventually their gold supplies get so far out from their base that my eco catches up on its own, and before that time all I have to do is drag out the fighting.
I don't tend to buy Spears because in my opinion they need far too many upgrades to be useful.
I myself prefer kiting all day with swords and just stalling the match in the middle of the field. I go for the push when my opponent fall on their knees from running out of resources. On insane its frustrating with every arrow 1-hit-KO-ing my Swordwrath but I still find it fun.

A friend of mine just plays mainly with Spears, and I've tried games spamming Magikill. All comes down to what sort of game you want to play really.

Scarecrow
04-25-2014, 08:59 AM
i voted for giant because giants are big and manly.

xChamp1999
04-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Will...for me I upgrade spearton's sheild & spear cuz if the spear was fully upgraded he can kill (swordwrath , miner , and archer) in one hit.
and he can increase 174 health points from the giant in each hit wich that means he can kill a giant in 9-12 hits.

Nyarlathotep
04-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Swords, then archers, then mages.

59saintdane
04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
What about miners? Isn't it a good idea...?
I'd upgrade miners, swords, and archers, then maybe spears and mages.

Nyarlathotep
04-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Get swords and Mages to max and nothing can possibly stop you.

59saintdane
04-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Miners will help to max it out quicker though, won't they?
Also...how about going Archer-Mage? Just a thought. The mages will meatshield with the minions and can stun-spam if anything somehow breaks through, while the archers give lots of dps.

P.S. Anyone else notice that the mages from SW1 are EXACTLY like trees?

jerrytt
04-29-2014, 08:33 PM
I always invested some in castle income. Then I fully upgraded the spearton and had fun trying to solo the enemies army.

Nyarlathotep
04-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Miners will help to max it out quicker though, won't they?
Also...how about going Archer-Mage? Just a thought. The mages will meatshield with the minions and can stun-spam if anything somehow breaks through, while the archers give lots of dps.

P.S. Anyone else notice that the mages from SW1 are EXACTLY like trees?

1: I mean max out their upgrades.
2: No, trees are tanky and don't have a mass-killing spell.

59saintdane
04-30-2014, 03:57 PM
1: I mean max out their upgrades.
2: No, trees are tanky and don't have a mass-killing spell.

I'll amend that statement. Mages from SW1 are almost exactly like trees, apart from the fact that their health is low and their stun spell can hit multiple units.

KokoPrince
06-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I definitely stick for spearton. Fully upgraded, with user control a spearton can beat a giant without running back and forth. Castle archers are a good option, since they're overpowered in the first place.

koalasium
11-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Swordsmen early on before I unlock speartons, then definitely speartons. They are by far (in my opinion) the most useful infantry unit here, and controlling one lets you take down a giant with only about three speartons, like KoKoPrince just said.

RedRidingCape
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Definitely miner pick upgrade. Manually controlling the miner lets you get an almost full bag in 2 swings, and you can support constant production of swordwrath with only 3 miners with manual controlling one miner. After miner is fully upgraded, you upgrade swordwrath speed so that when you attack your swords can constantly resupply and when you micro a sword you can avoid every attack if you micro well. Even when you micro incorrectly, you have a ton of other swords because you upgraded miners. I can easily beat the game on insane with this strat, and I do mean easily. Once you know what you are doing and use manual control to its full potential, the game is really easy. Its still fun for me though, since you do have to do a bit of microing and its a good game.

Nyarlathotep
01-06-2015, 08:29 PM
I think it's only worth controlling miners in the beginning. They're the best thing to upgrade after swords and passives excluding magikill though.

DuckFighter
01-24-2015, 12:47 AM
Honestly, I think the Spearton is the best troop in the game... I mean it has both the health (even more than) and he power (again, even more than) the Swordwrath and the long-range capabilities of the Archidons. The Speartons them selves are amazing... just one (player controlled) can take down Giants, Magikill, can use it's spear to kill off Archidons and has more power than the Swordwrath. I mean. With a fully upgrade spear, he can take down a none-leveled giant in maybe 20-25 hits! (I didn't count...)

:o

Drizzle
01-24-2015, 01:55 AM
Idk, I'd go with miners or swords, they're both fundamental units in this game, so you can upgrade them early on. Also, miners are essential if you wanna keep up with the economy if you fight with hard battles while swords are gold cost efficiency yet useful early in the game, health doesnt matter that much cuz if you're careful enough while controlling them, you're fine. Spearton is ehh, kinda optional I guess? I'd rather save it for witch's minions.