PDA

View Full Version : parkour??

AphoticLight
06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
anyone else parkour??

Dinomut
06-06-2008, 10:53 PM
me. I used to a lot from last may to around february this year, but i've kind of drifted off from it. I did freerunning too and got pretty good at it. By the end of summer i could do a wallflip outside onto grass and do a backflip off of a ledge. I have a friend whos crazy good at it though, and he can double kong like 18 feet.

AphoticLight
06-06-2008, 10:56 PM
damn lol ive been doing it for about 3 months lol

Guest.
06-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I wish I could. Too fat.

MiniMan
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I wish I could. Too fat.Same .

Teh_One
06-06-2008, 11:14 PM
im kinda skinny, but i cant figure out how to start or anything like that...

AphoticLight
06-06-2008, 11:20 PM
mk go to americanparkour.com they will help

Teh_One
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
cool. thanks. i mostly just jump over crap and other stuff like that on dares and other stuff like that.

Lone Wolf
06-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I've been doing gymnastics for 7 years now, so I should be pretty good at this shit. Never tried it though. Too scared of heights. Maybe I'll try it at my gym.

MiniMan
06-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Great stuff if you ever need to get away from the police.

Upps
06-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Me and supdog were planing to do that...but I only do it in the spring room or gymnist room.

Rather Cheesy
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
I do it from time to time, but I don't just decide to go free running for the day, it more like I'm walking up to a building and I just decide to jump over a bench or something. However my knee has stopped me from doing it, recently. =\ [the one I dislocated]

Paco
06-07-2008, 01:27 AM
psh i wish, where i live it isnt very easy but i also dont have teh strenght and such to do it.

Etch
06-07-2008, 01:55 AM
I do it by myself, maybe get my friends, just pretty much doing everything we can with obstacles. It's a lot of tall jumps we do most of, or like shimmying. I've been wanting to learn more into flips. I just learned backflips, and i'm not exactly the skinniest guy around. Thick, but fit a bit.

Dinomut
06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
hmm, maybe i should start up again. Last time i started to psych myself out before doing jumps and tricks and stuff, so i couldn't learn gainers and i started degrading... first i lost wallflips, then backflips, then frontflips, so eventually i decided i needed to stop so i could start over later when i could control my fear better. for me Parkour really goes hand in hand with gymnastics and/or freerunning so losing the ability to do one really screws the other ones up. eh, i've been looking for a summer activity, maybe this is it.

LakE
06-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Been doing it for 2 years.
I stopped this start of this year when I almost killed myself. Well, No, I didn't. But it makes it sound more exciting.

I was in a corridor sort of thing and at the end the wall rises up leading into like some sort of shoot which was rather wide, but small enough for me to stretch my arms and legs across.
So, I started hopping up it and just went to one side and backflipped the rest of the way down.
I didn't land it as the gap was too small and I ended up falling on my ass.
It was ****ing high up, so the fall lasted for a while.

Same day I was at a school and they have like, Beasty steps. I mean, ****ing huge. Each step was about the size of my whole body (I'm only 5'5. But still quite big). There's about 6 of them.
I cleared all of them with ease, so I started to barrel roll down 2 at a time.
Then I would just flip down them and stuff.
I also did all this in tight jeans. ****ing brag'd.

Me and my mate would race through a town freerunning. Just climbing on top of buildings and clearing gaps about 50ft up.
My mates got some videos of it.
I learned to hold myself on a metal bar in a handstand position, which was probably the hardest thing I learned to do, since I'm not exactly built massively.

We did loads of shit.
My favourite was a one-foot wallflip over another wall.
That was by far the most epic shit I have ever done. Apparently it's really easy, but my face would be inches away from this 10ft wall every time. (I'm aware 10ft isn't much. Shut up.)

I may get back into it. But, I'm pretty lazy now and won't be bothered.

Great stuff if you ever need to get away from the police.
I did this once. Morely a sucurity guard. After taking a magnet which messed with the alarms. So if I got caught, it'd be nothing.
This guy was ****ing fast. Ended up running down the straps on an escalator in a shopping mall (The handrail things on those moving steps)
and then losing him in the car park by skipping platforms over the side.

Lixu
06-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I find it a waste of time.

New Generation
06-07-2008, 08:59 AM
It gives you an adrenaline rush when you are in tight situations or are running from a police guard or something. I saw an awesome parkour video on youtube, some russian boys jumping. :O

LakE
06-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I find it a waste of time.

Yes, exercising and hobbies are a waste of time. Clever.

AphoticLight
06-07-2008, 12:01 PM
wow i didnt know many people were into it lol but yeah for all that are just jumping or just starting for safty practice rolls and landing first and do not do it off anything once you get those down you can start learning more lol and apk(americanparkour.com)will help alot to

Myself
06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I do but unless you you go into the city 7km away there arn't many good spots. Lots of cliffs though.

Jeremy
06-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I did it for about a year and then fucked up my knee really good. But its summer time again and I'm training like a mother fucker to gain the lost ground.