PDA

View Full Version : my sigs

Automaton
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
this is where ill be posting all my photoshop sigs, but bewarned ive only got it today so im not too good. but i think im doing ok. the newest ones will be at the top, the oldest at the bottom, but ive only made one at the moment. CC please:

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/gearsofwarsig.png

bloody sig: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/bloodysig.jpg

need for speed: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/needforspeed.jpg

vista hater: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/vistahater.jpg

black advertisement: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/black.jpg
(not a sig, but its ok i guess. like the burnt paper effect?)

burning cardboard: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/burningcardboard.jpg

xbox sig: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh199/jrockpunk1/xboxsig.jpg

and comments pluz!

Automaton
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
bump. comments?

Kitsune
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Vista isn't a bad operating system. It's just a new one. The other operating systems had **** ups like this one. Do you have a real reason to hate vista, or are you bandwagoning like most vista haters do?\

As if OSX is AMAZING.

Not bad art.

Karthago
06-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Not bad art.
can you help me? cause i dont see an actual ART.

Lixu
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Neither do i

Automaton
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Vista isn't a bad operating system. It's just a new one. The other operating systems had **** ups like this one. Do you have a real reason to hate vista, or are you bandwagoning like most vista haters do?\

As if OSX is AMAZING.

Not bad art.
yes i do have reasons to hate vista as ive had it myself for 2 months. i think it lags a lot with the effects, it costs way too much, is basically the same as any OK operating system and is bloody annoying with the amount of times it asks you things like are you SUR you want to open that file etc. also it isnt as protected virus wise as other OS's IMO. so yeah... thats why... and i dont really like OSX either, its overpriced. my advice - stick to XP or if youre feeling adventurous, linux (ubuntu gutsy ftw :p)

well where else do you suggest i post it?

Neither do i
good for you.

GhostFace
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM

Lol Jrock they're bein sarcastic.
They're are sayin your stuff is shit.
I agree.

Automaton
06-12-2008, 03:30 PM
i know they were being sarcastic. and quite frankly i dont care if you or they think its shit. if thats all you can say on them, then its not worth my time reading your comments.

Nukem
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Black was an awesome video game. had good graphics. Still sorta does. (todays video games beat it by a mile)

cardboard needs more realistic flame.

Karthago
06-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Actually I didn't say it was shit. I wondered why Kitsune commented "Not bad art.".

You didnt do anything at least I would rank as Art.

You edited the vista symbol a very bit. Wow. And it looks crappy if you ask me.

Probably you had a problem with getting the normal symbol full and propperly in your program.

The background is just... i dont know what to say... almost nothing.
Blue colour with a bit white blurred thingies in front of.

I think you wanted to make it look serious, simple, good. But you failed.

Read tut's practice and develop. That's the way it goes.

Good luck.

Lixu
06-13-2008, 08:52 AM
good for you.

Stop being a tuff douche

Automaton
06-13-2008, 09:41 AM
im not it was just a pretty pointless comment as someone else had already said it. you shouldnt just say how bad it is and not be constructice.

Vervanda
06-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Not that good at all. Bad. Horrible. Ghey.

Karthago
06-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Actually I didn't say it was shit. I wondered why Kitsune commented "Not bad art.".

You didnt do anything at least I would rank as Art.

You edited the vista symbol a very bit. Wow. And it looks crappy if you ask me.

Probably you had a problem with getting the normal symbol full and propperly in your program.

The background is just... i dont know what to say... almost nothing.
Blue colour with a bit white blurred thingies in front of.

I think you wanted to make it look serious, simple, good. But you failed.

Read tut's practice and develop. That's the way it goes.

Good luck.
quoted for being read by jsrock!

i bet writing that took a longer period of time than making your crappy sig.

Automaton
06-13-2008, 05:37 PM
probably. if you dont like my "art", then gtfo. thanks for your advice but i dont need people to make comments like that, even though i acknowledge they are probably true. a much nicer "im sorry to tell you they're not very good, in fact - bad" wouldnt be too hard would it?

MadHatter
06-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Ignore Karth he is just a troll. Lixu is cocky and can't spell either (a reference to tuff). The vista one isn't to bad for a first time sig. My first was horrible.

On this vista one the symbol is a little roughly cut. Either take more time to remove it from wherever you got it or use a website like www.planetrenders.net to search for high quaility renders to use.

The cardboard one looks pretty unrealistic. The texture doesn't really match that of real cardboard and the flames look horrible.

That Black one doesn't look half bad. Pretty much a generic poster type thing about a game.

The Xbox sig isn't to bad either. The Xbox logo is a little pixelated so I suggest you go to a render site like the one above to get a higher quaility render.

Also in general files saved in a PNG format tend to be higher quaility so I suggest you do that. Also for future reference please post the images in BB code so we don't have to click on the link to view whatever it is that you want us to see.

Automaton
06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
well is it ok if i put my best as an img? or should i just put them all as images. also, after reading a couple of tutorials i came up with my new sig (the imaged one). i quite like it and the only picture i used was this: http://planetrenders.net/renders/displayimage.php?pos=-1617

please CC and the red is meant to be blood by the way.

[edit]
added a need for speed sig.

The Dude
06-14-2008, 02:15 AM
They're not so good. But with a little practice you can get better. I guess I sort of started out like you, and I progressed quite a lot.

Work on Lighting, Density, and pure mixing of the colors. The colors just don't fit.

Automaton
06-14-2008, 05:32 AM
ok thanks everybody. im not going to post another until ive practiced a lot. im also going to buy a book on photoshop, or is that a bad idea?

Prince of PIMPs
06-14-2008, 05:48 AM
can i use the vista one? or elso i'll probbably stcik whit tihs one

Automaton
06-14-2008, 05:54 AM
yes if you want. but im sure there are people who would gladly make you a better one than that. but its fine by me, just dont claim you made it yourself if anyone asks.

Prince of PIMPs
06-14-2008, 06:46 AM
i didn't even make this sig, it was on my old educational site(I created it and got banned from it, wtf?), so after 3 1/2 years, I decided to look up the site, and found this..... (I'm not giving the site name, its a horrid place)

Automaton
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
well i didnt really get that last comment. also added a slightly better sig with a gears of war grub on. i just need to figure out how to make the grub not stand out as much though. comments pluz

The Dude
06-14-2008, 07:27 PM
ok thanks everybody. im not going to post another until ive practiced a lot. im also going to buy a book on photoshop, or is that a bad idea?

Yeah, bad idea. I learned how to make sigs for free from adrenalineflash and Audix.

MadHatter
06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Holy shit razr posted.
/offtopic

Well, you're getting better, at least that is what I think. As for your new one the grub stands out alot. Well, what I did to try to blend in the render is I duplicated the render layer a couple of times and smudged it. I usually smudged the bottom layer the most and the top layer the least. On a different topic, I think the background looks really good though.

The Dude
06-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Holy shit razr posted.
/offtopic

Well, you're getting better, at least that is what I think. As for your new one the grub stands out alot. Well, what I did to try to blend in the render is I duplicated the render layer a couple of times and smudged it. I usually smudged the bottom layer the most and the top layer the least. On a different topic, I think the background looks really good though.

I remember bestowing smudging wisdom on you.

jcrock(or whatever): Yeah, smudging, and flow and direction. If I get Photoshop CS3 on my new laptop I'll coach you.

Automaton
06-15-2008, 04:27 AM
:D thanks guys. the funny thing is i cant edit PSD files so i have to do it all in one session. i dont know why it does that, i mean it isnt like ive got an illegal copy *wipes sweat off brow* :Sweating:, so basically ill eaither have to start again or try to just smudge the image and... OH ACTUALLY i could... sorta get that render again, add it on 2 other layers, so on 1 ill have the whole picture, another ill have a render, and a render on the other. get me? then would that work if i smudged tohe 2 renders? or would it look weird?

[edit]
and if youre wondering how i made the grub one, it was very easy. i just put the clouds (render) as a background, used a few different brushes to give it the edge, changed the colour, added the camera effect, erased around the edges of the grub, then stuck him on, brightened the edges around him with the dodge tool, added the dots on and set the opacity to low, and slapped the writing on.

Nebakenezzer
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
go to www.dafont.com
get some new fonts

you use the same one too many times

MadHatter
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Why can't you edit PSD files. You should be able to.

Automaton
06-15-2008, 12:54 PM
yeah thats where i got that one from but i like it. i guess i need a few more fonts.

[edit]
madhatter, read my last post. notice the wiping brow bit. ill emphasise those sentences again.

i mean it isnt like ive got an ILLEGAL COPY or something

MadHatter
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Just because you pirated something doesn't mean that it doesn't have all of the features of a legal version.

Automaton
06-15-2008, 01:31 PM
apparently so......