PDA

View Full Version : Help with early medusa

YJang
05-04-2013, 10:14 AM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1082207&version=1.60
how do I beat early medusa

(edited)
here's another one, it's not that early but I have no idea how to beat those so much eclypsors.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1084116&version=1.60

asdfstick
05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Mass swords with rage if it's a single Medusa and watch out for dem bombers.

Azxc
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Hum... the problem is economy problem
the enemy had better econ than yours
and you seem to stick with speartons... try to make a ninja to kill the medusa

For countering wingtons, honestly i am bad at that, my weakness is flyers
so... there are many threads about how to anti-air units, read them

Mass swords with rage if it's a single Medusa and watch out for dem bombers.
I think if she used poison pool your swordwraths are doomed, and result in bad econ

asdfstick
05-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Well usually I see players having Medusa only with the petrify ability. Welp this is my last post of the forums. Numeral 500 O

THEFORCE
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
I might stop at 2000th post...But who knows?!

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-11-2013, 03:36 AM
Well usually I see players having Medusa only with the petrify ability. Welp this is my last post of the forums. Numeral 500 O

at the moment you have 499 posts

THEFORCE
05-11-2013, 06:00 AM
at the moment you have 499 posts

Hmm. I thought he had 500 posts before he retired. Maybe he deleted a post or something.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Hmm. I thought he had 500 posts before he retired. Maybe he deleted a post or something.

yet he has 501... but yet we stay on topic, kay?

Topic: So when I would fight a player with an early medusa, I would kite with my archers. Why? 1. Archers are faster then medusa. 2. Medusa has only melee ranged attack. (so stay on middle-long distance to her, so she cant poison or the other thing...)

nullhead
05-20-2013, 04:52 PM
but archers have low health, and easy to dispose of with bombers, so you should have spears(or some other tank) right in front of the archers for that sake.

jerrytt
05-21-2013, 12:39 AM
speartons dont stop bombers... archers do...

stickman311
05-21-2013, 02:11 AM
You should have speartons and archers for a start, so that will clear their medusa, also, about economy, being defensive takes alot of skill and if you want to be offensive at start, try to extend your army to the max but don't go too far.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1248193&version=1.62

that's how to attack.

so i know that the juggerknights and wingadons and medusa are very annoying cuz, the wingadons deal alot of damage and it would take lots of shots to deal with medusa and your archers are being hit by juggerknights AT the same time. It takes LOTS of skill to defeat chaos players. But if you want to be defensive, its another choice.

To be defensive and counter medusa, i suggest you build miner wall and archers, or spearton with sheild wall to fend off the attacks while building giants.a

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-21-2013, 03:17 AM
but archers have low health, and easy to dispose of with bombers, so you should have spears(or some other tank) right in front of the archers for that sake.

speartons isnt in this situation good enought. In this situation, buy minerwall to protect the archers. Oh and, archer are for me very good against bombers. Why? Bombers have low health, and archers are ranged units.

nullhead
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
but also, the miner wall is easily taken care of with several bombing attacks, and what about when you're attacking? you can't get a miner wall on the other side of the miner tower(a devestatingly good position to have)

stickman311
05-22-2013, 12:09 AM
but also, the miner wall is easily taken care of with several bombing attacks, and what about when you're attacking? you can't get a miner wall on the other side of the miner tower(a devestatingly good position to have)

actually, bombers are of no use in late game or middle.you would waste your money buying bombers to blow up miner walls cuz one only cost 200 gold

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
yes yes, and dont forget the archers behind the wall, they can kill bombers to, you know?

nullhead
05-22-2013, 09:25 PM
but then that can be taken out easily by stronger units, maybe crawlers.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-30-2013, 09:57 AM
but then that can be taken out easily by stronger units, maybe crawlers.

ehm... not really... and crawlers are weak...they are only fast...

PUMU
05-30-2013, 10:35 AM
swords handle crawlers easily for me especially when backed up by archidons behind walls whilst bombers explode whilst attempting to get archidons that taunt them from behind the walls before raining hell upon the field.
also there's nothing more hilarious in my opinion that watching a group of bombers explode with no casualties to my units

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
ehm... not really... and crawlers are weak...they are only fast...

trust me, if they have a crawler mass against your sword mass, and send bombers before crawlers, you may be as good as dead.

actually, bombers are of no use in late game or middle.you would waste your money buying bombers to blow up miner walls cuz one only cost 200 gold

dude, still there are juggerknights, and all sorts of units that can easily help your bombers

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 05:38 PM
trust me, if they have a crawler mass against your sword mass, and send bombers before crawlers, you may be as good as dead.

dude, still there are juggerknights, and all sorts of units that can easily help your bombers

No one in their right minds would send a juggerknight against 3-4 archers behind a wall. And Your also suggesting using both juggers and bombers, which queue toghether, so your army would be behind most spearton archer armies. General rule of thumb, bombers are not good mid-late game, as No one uses swords mid-late game.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
No one in their right minds would send a juggerknight against 3-4 archers behind a wall. And Your also suggesting using both juggers and bombers, which queue toghether, so your army would be behind most spearton archer armies. General rule of thumb, bombers are not good mid-late game, as No one uses swords mid-late game.

there are also deads, marowkhai, and a whole mess of units that could combine and destroy you

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 05:50 PM
there are also deads, marowkhai, and a whole mess of units that could combine and destroy you

Please tell me what your point is, other than that chaos is strong? I think we all know that. You were just arguing for the use of bombers. please tell me how bombers work well with deads, or marrowkai. Or any of the other "mess of units"

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Please tell me what your point is, other than that chaos is strong? I think we all know that. You were just arguing for the use of bombers. please tell me how bombers work well with deads, or marrowkai. Or any of the other "mess of units"

I just have the knowledge that no 1 formation is useful against anybody in chaos, they can send a whole slew of combinations, I was just trying to think of some.