PDA

View Full Version : Yummy {DoD}

Epic
06-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I just want sum attention ;3
I'm sure he wouldn't mind by the way, we're buds.

Haven't animated in ages, so here you go.
http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolnewzk8.gif
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9518/lolnewsh3.gif (http://imageshack.us)
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9518/lolnewsh3.8d35ca9d39.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=359&i=lolnewsh3.gif)

Slowed down and bigger:
http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolnewslowqo8.gif

Lixu
06-09-2008, 12:03 PM
very smooth, like the roll

Epic
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
you mean the flip? thanks.

if anybody could comment on the leap from the two rails, that would be nice. id like to know how i got the physics down.

Mcteks
06-09-2008, 12:14 PM
the flip was horrible, it started of super smooth and realistic and then just shifted to look like a tuna fish >_>

power fuse0
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
sweet one epic
keep it up

Epic
06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
the flip was horrible, it started of super smooth and realistic and then just shifted to look like a tuna fish >_>

horrible? really? what was wrong with it.?

and did you seriously just compare my animation to a tuna fish?

sweet one epic
keep it up

thanks ill try

Lixu
06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Steps were realistic

Mcteks
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
then the flip was un realistic.
and it wasnt horrible physics wise, just looked stupid.

Tolin
06-09-2008, 12:47 PM
The flip was horrible because the stick didn't even bent his legs, just standing in the air like a pole... Stiff.
The start did look good, but I think you should have dropped the second gray thing the stick steps on. Because the size of the stick made it look unnatural to take a so small movement from the first to the second thing.
Not bad tho..

Deathwish
06-09-2008, 01:21 PM
All the oldies are returning.

I also taught this one everything he knew.

I liked it, it was sexy.

Lixu
06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
The flip was horrible because the stick didn't even bent his legs, just standing in the air like a pole... Stiff.
The start did look good, but I think you should have dropped the second gray thing the stick steps on. Because the size of the stick made it look unnatural to take a so small movement from the first to the second thing.
Not bad tho..

You convinced me, your right.

Epic
06-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Not bad tho..
Well, I know for a fact that doing a backflip with a straight back is possible because I've seen it. I can't really find the video right now, but if you want me too, I'll keep lookin. Either way, the roll turned out exactly as I wanted it too. I wanted the straight back, and I'm pretty sure I executed it correctly.

As for the rail (gray thing) falling down, the whole point was for the last two steps to be fast so he could get a run in there to actually reach the other rail, making it fall would lose the effect of speed. This is a guess of course, but, thats what looks like would happen, to me.

Thanks for the comments all. I'll get back into my groove eventually, if i keep at it, which I'm not sure I will.

@deathwish:
<3

LakE
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, I know for a fact that doing a backflip with a straight back is possible because I've seen it. I can't really find the video right now, but if you want me too, I'll keep lookin. Either way, the roll turned out exactly as I wanted it too. I wanted the straight back, and I'm pretty sure I executed it correctly.

You executed it rather perfect.
I used to do straight body flips.

Everybody saying it's unrealistic, widen your mind into the land of creativity.

But it's not unrealistic. Maybe the legs aren't that great when it comes to the landing, but it's close enough.

Good work, Epic.

Tolin
06-09-2008, 04:20 PM
Well this could be a rather big discussion about making that flip in real life from a so short height, the laws of gravity and physics etc.
I have also seen flips like those, but they where slow, from higher spots, and would not have a chance to make the flip like that.
But anyways this is my personal opinion. If you wanted it to look like that, I'm fine with it, and I'm not going to write more arguements.

And by the way, your easing is much better from the last rail jump and till the end of the animation..

ska/gunz/te
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
i dont know if you see it, but the 3rd step is too quick and didnt see anything.. did you make im jump at the 3rd bar or 2rd?
thats something you have to work... i you know about your flip =.=

Ssjbryando
06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
lol lixu almost in every tread, you think the opposide of that of what the rest of the site thinks lawl.

Looked good, The flip was stiff ?? not to good ,but its ok.

Epic
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
lol lixu almost in every tread, you think the opposide of that of what the rest of the site thinks lawl.

Looked good, The flip was stiff ?? not to good ,but its ok.

flip is supposed to be stiff.

thanks for the comments everyone.

Upps
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The stick skipped over the last hurtle and just jumpe, or at least that's how it looks, the landing on the last hurtle bar was a tiny bit choppy or just a jerky mistake.

Everything else looks epic..

Epic
06-09-2008, 09:43 PM
The stick skipped over the last hurtle and just jumpe, or at least that's how it looks, the landing on the last hurtle bar was a tiny bit choppy or just a jerky mistake.

Everything else looks epic(Pun)..

look at the slower larger one. He touches it, its supposed to be a run. But yeah, I guess I'll try to make sure it loooks like he touches it next time.

.:Twisted Symphony:.
06-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, I have seen many people do flips like that from just a standstill to a crouch then to a flip.
I'll say it's probably harder to do a flip that way off those things anyways.

There IS NOT!!!!! anything wrong with the animation just rusteh.

MrCheesy
06-10-2008, 03:29 AM
I like you'r style...
The big and little leaps are good but when he lands on the 'grey thing' his legs become abit fidgity. Other wise that and the straight back flip ( which seems okay, I just don't like it :/ ), It's all good.
Yesh?

Looking at the title of this thread, for a few seconds, had thought DoD had returned....

Saha
06-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Yeah same..Nice anim legs was stiff when he fell.

power fuse0
06-10-2008, 04:53 AM
Epic how dare you use the lords name in vain.
xD

Epic
06-10-2008, 11:16 AM
hah, it was the only way people would even glance at the thread.
thanks for the comments.

power fuse0
06-10-2008, 12:28 PM
hah, it was the only way people would even glance at the thread.
thanks for the comments.

well i can say that it did catch my eye,b ut when i saw it was you, i clicked it.
Cause i thought it was a noob using his name in vain.
But nvm (:

zawmbee
06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Omg Epic Is Back, And He's As Epic As Before.
Yum!