PDA

View Full Version : Black Carnage || Delosity Weekly I

Fordz
05-11-2013, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq--E9XeGZs

Yeah, they tried to mess with the black stick, they should be regretting it by now .
Do you think the sound is weird? If it is then Youtube did something to it.
CnC Please.

Ikarhan
05-11-2013, 01:37 AM
Ermahgawd, you are really a great animator, man. Very nice, the particles flying during the slowmo is a nice touch ;)
I personnaly think there are a tiny bit too much pain and war crys... Less voices and more hits SFX, maybe ? I don't really see what to say now... Uh, how do you make the alfa mask which switches colors to negative ?

Kingster7
05-11-2013, 01:57 AM
but he's not black! D:

Fordz
05-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Ermahgawd, you are really a great animator, man. Very nice, the particles flying during the slowmo is a nice touch ;)
I personnaly think there are a tiny bit too much pain and war crys... Less voices and more hits SFX, maybe ? I don't really see what to say now... Uh, how do you make the alfa mask which switches colors to negative ?
Honestly, it's the first time I tried to use war cries. I just wanted to test it and to me, it sounds a lot cooler than without them.

but he's not black! D:
Actually, he is. There's just some gradient there that makes him a bit grey.

Draves
05-12-2013, 04:28 PM
overall pretty neat, had a good amount of force

but yeah maybe have your attacks flow more into each other because after a good starts almost each strike the stick dude would stop and nearly immediately hit the next guy,

additionally that one part before the slow-mo when he was punching an enemy his back was bend awkwardly and didn't change even when the black guy threw both his arms back to slam his foe which looked extremely odd and hurt my eyes a bit Lol

Telepurte
05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I agree, everything was nice, except the combos didn't feel like they flowed. They felt more like a Ta ta ta ta type of thing, instead of a takataka, you know what I mean?

Ezy
05-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Telepurte! <3. You started off really strong, specially with the little jump back kick. I thought that looked really clean and well framed. After that is when it started going downhill. It was punch, vcam shakes, wait for next victim. It lost the flow that you started off so strong with at the start. You really notice it on the punch super small transition to the uppercut. I do like the slow motion effect though, that was done fine imo. Keep up the good work.

quinsilva
05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Nice works Fordz and the sound was good for me

Stickly
05-13-2013, 12:02 AM
awwww you sexy beast C:

TheCowslay
05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Naiiic doooood =D

Fordz
05-13-2013, 04:24 AM
overall pretty neat, had a good amount of force

but yeah maybe have your attacks flow more into each other because after a good starts almost each strike the stick dude would stop and nearly immediately hit the next guy,

additionally that one part before the slow-mo when he was punching an enemy his back was bend awkwardly and didn't change even when the black guy threw both his arms back to slam his foe which looked extremely odd and hurt my eyes a bit Lol

About the immediate hit thing, I was kinda imitating Leo4Life's style. I see what you mean on that last attack before the slow mo, it's because I animated body first before arms so I didn't really plan that attack. XD

I agree, everything was nice, except the combos didn't feel like they flowed. They felt more like a Ta ta ta ta type of thing, instead of a takataka, you know what I mean?

Ta ta ta, you mean the same rhythm all throughout the animation?

Telepurte! <3. You started off really strong, specially with the little jump back kick. I thought that looked really clean and well framed. After that is when it started going downhill. It was punch, vcam shakes, wait for next victim. It lost the flow that you started off so strong with at the start. You really notice it on the punch super small transition to the uppercut. I do like the slow motion effect though, that was done fine imo. Keep up the good work.

Wait for the next victim, got it. I don't get the part where it lost flow. Though, I notice that little transition from punch to uppercut, thanks for stating.

Nice works Fordz and the sound was good for me
Thanks Quinsilva, the sound is Stereo, that's why. Most beginners use Mono, which kinda sounds like something making a tone inside a closed can.

awwww you sexy beast C:
Thanks, but I'm not a beast. Not yet :3

Naiiic doooood =D
Proper grammar please. Thanks by the way :)

Telepurte
05-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Ta ta ta, you mean the same rhythm all throughout the animation?

No, try saying Ta ta ta ta over and over again as fast as you can, now try saying Takataka as fast as you can over and over. See how it flows?

Rathaken
05-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Dude you're so EPIC! Bows Down* I can't comment on the sound I used my Laptop's speakers so I can't tell if it was bad. But GOOD JOB WHOA! You always amaze me!
CnC

I would only work on your upper body movements, the upper body always seems stiff for a reason. But I loved it! :)