PDA

View Full Version : sword+archer combo?

macaroniinacup
05-14-2013, 10:26 AM
is it an effective to get sword+archer combo then get rage? of course I'm investing more money on swords and archers, but mid game i will invest in speartons

FailingAtFailing
05-14-2013, 03:47 PM
2 swords and miner or 2 miners and a sword, much better in almost every case.

Sword + Archer on castle only.

Map is so small, full offense is needed. Way too small in my opinion though. A castle archer can dominate a third of the map.

isgood
05-14-2013, 04:30 PM
archer sword beats 2 swords one miner on halloween and swamp lands now because of the rage nerf

THEFORCE
05-14-2013, 06:58 PM
archer sword beats 2 swords one miner on halloween and swamp lands now because of the rage nerf

Yup, but it's a lot of micro.

stickman311
05-15-2013, 03:00 AM
archer sword is PRO! Its so good i got up to top 100. i basically mass swords at first, then get archers and tower spawn. i use them in every game and even in the late game. Their so pro but sometimes i make macro mistake like i didn't get magikill or meric

Usman
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I think SW + Arher combo is good t small

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-15-2013, 12:05 PM
well, for me sword and archer are only good in short maps, in long an middle, I prefere sword and 2 miners...

FailingAtFailing
05-15-2013, 01:55 PM
archer sword is PRO! Its so good i got up to top 100. i basically mass swords at first, then get archers and tower spawn. i use them in every game and even in the late game. Their so pro but sometimes i make macro mistake like i didn't get magikill or meric

Um, he means the first two units being archer and swordwrath, without castle archer though, sword + archer mass is deadly. I got destroyed by someone using it.

If only we could have flying magikill and flying merics, maybe even flying giants. Just need bigger wings!

THEFORCE
05-16-2013, 01:00 AM
Um, he means the first two units being archer and swordwrath, without castle archer though, sword + archer mass is deadly. I got destroyed by someone using it.

If only we could have flying magikill and flying merics, maybe even flying giants. Just need bigger wings!

Flying Giant would...Body slam those swordwraths and archers from the air???

FailingAtFailing
05-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Flying Giant would...Body slam those swordwraths and archers from the air???

I bet its wings would be so big, the wind blast would throw everything against the castle walls and kill them.

merich1
05-16-2013, 06:16 PM
What about simply an upgrade for each unit that makes it fly?

Maybe the Albows and Eclipsors can get an upgrade that makes them fly higher than everyone else?

Of course, endgame graphics would seriously look pretty weird, but ANYWAY...

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-17-2013, 02:49 AM
What about simply an upgrade for each unit that makes it fly?

Maybe the Albows and Eclipsors can get an upgrade that makes them fly higher than everyone else?

Of course, endgame graphics would seriously look pretty weird, but ANYWAY...

I dont think it is a good Idea, and please stay on topic guys...

Narsheh
05-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Sword + Archer combo is very good on small maps like Castle, Swamp, or Halloween.
Main reason is that since your very close to your enemy's base, you need to have as many units as possible in the beginning to overwhelm him.

However though, it's a very bad financial decision if you do it on long maps such as Green Hills. You spent 500 Gold too early in the match when you could have bought some miners instead.

Also, a Sword + Archer combo is only effective if you know how to use it properly! That means not only microing (running away while shooting), but also protecting them! If one of them dies prematurely, you will suffer an economic drought and the Sword + Archer combo would be useless.

nullhead
05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
I think it really doesn't depend on where, but who you're against. I mean, if your enemy masses a unit, then you need a counter specifically for that target, and to increase that, you need superior micro anywhere.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I think it really doesn't depend on where, but who you're against. I mean, if your enemy masses a unit, then you need a counter specifically for that target, and to increase that, you need superior micro anywhere.

Well, I think it DEPEND on the maps size: The meaning of shortmaps is how you react in early games combats. The meaning of longmaps is how you build your army or so.