Cha05Walking
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
i dont really have chaos

Cha05Walking
05-18-2013, 05:20 PM
hello?

nullhead
05-18-2013, 07:03 PM
I highly doubt this works, after all, somebody can find a counter(quite easy) and the most effective way (and cheapest) is to use raging swordwraith, so I don't reccomend this unless you have a horrible opponent.

Cha05Walking
05-19-2013, 04:14 PM
it most definetly works
blow through 10 spears 3 giants and the statue just like that plus it stopped a spearton rush of 30

xanderman222222
05-19-2013, 08:39 PM
it most definetly works
blow through 10 spears 3 giants and the statue just like that plus it stopped a spearton rush of 30

dude u new to the fourms?

QUADRUPLE POST! anyway all they have to do is make 3 giants castle archer walls and magikill and your screwed.

i think you will be banned for quadruple post

Narsheh
05-20-2013, 01:37 AM
It wouldn't be effective if you kept using it though. A lot of experienced players would know how to counter it.

But it's possible to win. I'm just saying it's more convenient for yourself to not do it.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-20-2013, 02:33 AM
Hello Chao5walker,

I dont know if you read the rules, but multiposting is forbidden. Just EDIT you previouse post, otherwise you got problem... Only to help you, you know?

FailingAtFailing
05-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Spearton Rush? Haven't people gone over this?

Miner walls, castle archers, resilience, magikill.

Speartons cluster together on Miner Walls for archers to weaken them with splash damage.

When they attack the statue, it has more health and takes longer

Magikill can pummel them with splash damage spells.

Then your army is gone and I likely still have a magikill and other units which I inevitably have and I can then take the tower and win.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Spearton Rush? Haven't people gone over this?

Miner walls, castle archers, resilience, magikill.

Speartons cluster together on Miner Walls for archers to weaken them with splash damage.

When they attack the statue, it has more health and takes longer

Magikill can pummel them with splash damage spells.

Then your army is gone and I likely still have a magikill and other units which I inevitably have and I can then take the tower and win.

You should add Albows to, since they to crazy extra damage to speartons. And dont forget miners, they can attack to, you know?

nullhead
05-20-2013, 04:55 PM
so, to make this short, if you do that, you're probably screwed more than you used to be.

merich1
05-20-2013, 07:15 PM
I actually might have a strat to make Spear rushing work.

Step 1: Spear mass. As usual.
Step 2: Make sure you have at least 37 population left. Buy 2 Giants with Giant Growth 2, 2 Merics with Cure, a Magikill with all spells, and 3 Shadowrath.
Step 3: Take the Central Tower. Get Tower Spawn II.
Step 4: Wait for the Spawn. Send your Giants, Merics, and Magikill to troll his army a bit. Keep the Shadows close behind, but not close enough so that he can see them.
Step 5: Do his Mages come out? Yes? Assassinate them with your Shadows and skip to Step 7. No? Assassinate the walls and run.
Step 6: Repeat until the walls die.
Step 7: Spear Rush. GG.

This, theoretically, might work.

isgood
05-20-2013, 07:21 PM
I actually might have a strat to make Spear rushing work.

Step 1: Spear mass. As usual.
Step 2: Make sure you have at least 37 population left. Buy 2 Giants with Giant Growth 2, 2 Merics with Cure, a Magikill with all spells, and 3 Shadowrath.
Step 3: Take the Central Tower. Get Tower Spawn II.
Step 4: Wait for the Spawn. Send your Giants, Merics, and Magikill to troll his army a bit. Keep the Shadows close behind, but not close enough so that he can see them.
Step 5: Do his Mages come out? Yes? Assassinate them with your Shadows. No? Assassinate the walls and run.
Step 6: Repeat until the walls die.
Step 7: Spear Rush. GG.

This, theoretically, might work.

I've thought of this before, but i don't have the guts to experiment

merich1
05-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I've thought of this before, but i don't have the guts to experiment

I'll try it on Private Match or something.

jerrytt
05-21-2013, 12:34 AM
Just did a spearton rush today:P It was a sh*tlong match that went over 30 minutes, which involved me at the middle tower, not doing much, and him building up an army of 7 giants. When he finnanly did try to attck, I just let him have the middle tower with pathetic resistance (suicided a few archidon). I then built up a spearton army while he got both tower spawns. He attacked with his 7 giants and 3 magikill and When he was at my base, I rushed past him, hoping for no castle archers or magikill, and got the win. Seriously, what were you doing for 30 minutes...

Anyway, best way to counter is 2 walls, 2 castle archers, and 2 magikill. dontbother with poison, just electric wall in front of the wall. boom. any amount of speartons dead.

I also had a theoretical Idea, which involved half of the speartons staying a few feet behind, while half cleared the walls and magikill, when the first group finished or died, rush everything at the statue.

nullhead
05-21-2013, 05:12 PM
If you go by the theoretical idea ( see above) then there is a quick counter, first, they can see your hold of the middle, and can rush past you (with giants and shadows) and ruin your economy, forcing you to go back(both good and bad move, he just put you with a dilemma) so he takes the middle, uses tower spawn, and you don't have much of an economy left to re-build your army quick enough for your final strike.

05-21-2013, 05:21 PM
If you go by the theoretical idea ( see above) then there is a quick counter, first, they can see your hold of the middle, and can rush past you (with giants and shadows) and ruin your economy, forcing you to go back(both good and bad move, he just put you with a dilemma) so he takes the middle, uses tower spawn, and you don't have much of an economy left to re-build your army quick enough for your final strike.

A spearton rusher usually doesn't go back no matter what. The speartons can still smash the statue and win even the economy is destroyed.

merich1
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
By the way, just played a game against a Spear rusher. Replay for how to beat him even if they blew by you at the central tower.

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1254891&version=1.62

nullhead
05-21-2013, 05:30 PM
A spearton rusher usually doesn't go back no matter what. The speartons can still smash the statue and win even the economy is destroyed.

but if they don't go back, you can go to the center, with full force, and defeat them.

jli
05-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Spearton rushing gets nasty if you add in a few well-microed ninjas.

It's still a bad strategy, though.

nullhead
05-21-2013, 06:44 PM
no doubt it is, we can come up with a million strategies, and you can think of as many counters as you want, but it still turns into turmoil for the rusher.

Cha05Walking
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
i was talking for begginers and mid-begginers i didnt say u would dominate the game with it i keep those for myself

and yes i am new and have not read the rules

if the dtrat sucked i wouildnt have won 5 in a row
i am the circle and the circle is me 12344321

FailingAtFailing
05-22-2013, 06:23 PM
ChaosWalking, ever heard of post edit? And while spear rushing would work on lower ranks, really, anything pulled off right can. Heck, magikill mass.

Spear rushing will never work against someone who knows how to use 2 magikill, which isn't hard. One casts all spells, then other casts all spells. Electric wall tears through any unit.