PDA

View Full Version : Medusa mass

isgood
05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
How do you beat people who mass medusas? It's so hard :(

nullhead
05-21-2013, 06:04 PM
didn't we already discuss this in another thread?

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-22-2013, 12:29 PM
didn't we already discuss this in another thread?

I dont know but I believe it was the dead mass thread you are talking... Anyways: For medusa mass, try to breack his economy, or kite with archers, or use Giants, since medusa cant instakill them.

jerrytt
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Speartons in shield wall mode can absorb 3 stone faces before dying i think.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM

What? Really? Do you know it exactly? That is an intresting fact you got... I must proof this...

THEFORCE
05-23-2013, 12:25 PM
We already made like 2 threads about medusas..I guess you get 2 ninjas?? I think?

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
We already made like 2 threads about medusas..I guess you get 2 ninjas?? I think?

Wait a minuite... 2 Ninjas...agaist a Medusa mass????? or do you wanted to say 2 ninjas attacking 1 medusa with shinobie 2 will kill it?

jerrytt
05-23-2013, 05:04 PM
What? Really? Do you know it exactly? That is an intresting fact you got... I must proof this...

Im not sure if it is three or two, but I know that they can survive at least one.

Galeforce
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM

You actually can't stone a defensive spearton. You won't be able to kill it.

Related to the thread, you need to be applying pressure early on. If they're capable of massing medusas, you let their economy rise far too high.

stickman311
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Yep, and also, you forgot they have low speed and armour so they can't escape from spears, also, hide your magikill and kill them with your spears first.

nullhead
05-23-2013, 09:28 PM
so, basically, you need to have a spearton wall with archers/other ranged unit so that the stone will be useless, then you can attack it's economy so it can't mass any more medusas.

stickman311
05-24-2013, 04:36 AM
so, basically, you need to have a spearton wall with archers/other ranged unit so that the stone will be useless, then you can attack it's economy so it can't mass any more medusas.

And then make magikill and merics.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-25-2013, 04:37 AM

They must add this fun fact: When the spearton is on shield wall mode, and the medusa want to stone him, the shield will reflect it and medusa would stone herself.... Funny isnt it?

stickman311
05-25-2013, 07:17 AM
Well, then your saying 1 spear can beat one medusa

jerrytt
05-25-2013, 08:13 AM
They must add this fun fact: When the spearton is on shield wall mode, and the medusa want to stone him, the shield will reflect it and medusa would stone herself.... Funny isnt it?

That would actually make this game more balanced lol. Because right now there is absolutely no counter to medusas. (shinobi isnt fast enough to catch her before the time limit. If they try to go closer they get owned by the army.)

stickman311
05-25-2013, 08:16 AM
That would actually make this game more balanced lol. Because right now there is absolutely no counter to medusas. (shinobi isnt fast enough to catch her before the time limit. If they try to go closer they get owned by the army.)

There is. If someone spams medusa, they would be letting tower down and getting more economy. And also, if they also try to take tower before they make medusa, they would have took a long time to make it, and once it appears, my 3 to 6 spears would kill it

Binary10101ERROR
05-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Send out a "meat-shield" and try to get your opponent to stone the meat shield. Since Petrify has a long cooldown, it leaves enough time to allow your real army to obliterate theirs. (Note: This is theoretical)

stickman311
05-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Send out a "meat-shield" and try to get your opponent to stone the meat shield. Since Petrify has a long cooldown, it leaves enough time to allow your real army to obliterate theirs. (Note: This is theoretical)

I don't think your real army is better than theirs and if you send just one unit, they might let the wingadons do the work

THEFORCE
05-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Just make 2 ninjas then...

stickman311
05-28-2013, 04:25 AM
Its not that simple, for two ninjas and shinobi 2, you need 1100 gold, 550 mana. Is it even WORTH it?

nullhead
05-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Its not that simple, for two ninjas and shinobi 2, you need 1100 gold, 550 mana. Is it even WORTH it?

I'm pretty sure it may be worth it, it gives you a slight advantage, (but you only need shinobi 1) you get some ninjas and attack using cloak, then the medusas are injured enough to go for the final attack to kill them

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-28-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm pretty sure it may be worth it, it gives you a slight advantage, (but you only need shinobi 1) you get some ninjas and attack using cloak, then the medusas are injured enough to go for the final attack to kill them

I think shinobie 2 would be better. More cloak time and more damage (the second hightes damage in the game ^^)

Binary10101ERROR
05-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Logically, Petrify should make walls, turrets, and statues harder to destroy since it turns them into stone.

isgood
05-28-2013, 06:55 PM
^agreed

DragonFrost
05-28-2013, 08:12 PM
2 ninjas are not going cut it. 1 ninja is going to be stoned before it cloaks (assuming its 1 medusa vs 2 shadowrath), and 1 ninja shinobi won't kill a medusa. Although if it kept attacking the medusa after shinobi it would. But since it's unlikely the medusa will be alone, your shadowrath will have to retreat after an assassination attempt.

jerrytt
05-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Ive won a few games against medusa massers, only by early harrassment of their economy, and an all out offensive when they get their first medusa. the longer you prolong the match, the more they whittle down your troops and get stronger. Im sure If they had better micro, I would have lost no matter what. And they were only at about 1800.

05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
2 ninjas are not going cut it. 1 ninja is going to be stoned before it cloaks (assuming its 1 medusa vs 2 shadowrath), and 1 ninja shinobi won't kill a medusa. Although if it kept attacking the medusa after shinobi it would. But since it's unlikely the medusa will be alone, your shadowrath will have to retreat after an assassination attempt.
1 ninja with shinobi 2 can defeat medusa (I think). The ninja can run toward the medusa, and when the medusa casts petrify, the ninja can cloak right away, and not get hit by the petrify. The ninja can then proceed to kill the medusa.

nullhead
05-28-2013, 09:56 PM

I personally don't care about quantity, but they may make the cut before cloak, but that probably won't help. I personally think that it should be a wall of defensive spear wall (even though they can pass it) with sword mass backup, then archer mass to kill them.

THEFORCE
05-30-2013, 01:29 AM
I personally don't care about quantity, but they may make the cut before cloak, but that probably won't help. I personally think that it should be a wall of defensive spear wall (even though they can pass it) with sword mass backup, then archer mass to kill them.

Or a miner wall with shield mode spears?

www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1352684&version=1.62

Heronww medusa massed me. It's so powerful.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 09:40 AM

I think that works, but may work best with ranged units.

ShadowGeneralChaos
05-30-2013, 10:53 AM
I think that works, but may work best with ranged units.

Ranged units kite, tanky units tank...

nullhead
05-30-2013, 06:13 PM
sure, but ranged units can also be out-of-the-way while attacking, giving you ability to use them with ease, it works best if you use hold position, but you get the point.

jerrytt
05-30-2013, 06:44 PM

Beating heronww is easy once you know what he does. I lost my first game to him because I wasnt expecting the medusa mass, but won the next 3 games. Basically, just treat him like you would any giant masser. lotsa pressure, prevent him from buying a medusa for as long as possible, and when he does, charge it 3-4 with speartons and kill it with extreme prejudice. Dont try to stall him out, as with every confrontation he can easily kill a few of your troops.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Beating heronww is easy once you know what he does. I lost my first game to him because I wasnt expecting the medusa mass, but won the next 3 games. Basically, just treat him like you would any giant masser. lotsa pressure, prevent him from buying a medusa for as long as possible, and when he does, charge it 3-4 with speartons and kill it with extreme prejudice. Dont try to stall him out, as with every confrontation he can easily kill a few of your troops.

dude, beating anybody is easy if you know what they do, but I get the point of using him as an example

Nyarlathotep
06-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Because right now there is absolutely no counter to medusas.

Why not just use your spears and kill the medusa? ._.

Medusas
06-08-2013, 10:36 AM

And moments after your wrote this message, you had your opportunity to prove your awesome theories (talk about coincidences):
http://www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1462160&version=1.64

Nice man

Maxchiang .
07-18-2013, 06:20 AM
Gosh, this is OP

We need to find a way to beat this, and quick.

Azxc
07-18-2013, 06:28 AM
I guess ninja mass beat this? Kill those medusas when he is trying to stack more medusas
If he is storing medusas in the castle, then will archidons mass works? Cuz medusas cannot attack long-range units

Maxchiang .
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
I have thought about this.

It is impossible to get a ninja out in time to kill medusa, cuz she stones you as soon as you come out of shinobi. What I do, is buy rage, swords, and merics. With extra cash, I buy giants and magikills. Played 4 games against him, won only 1 :/

But 25% win is better than a 0% :)

FailingAtFailing
07-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Mass low level units like archidons. If they insta-kill one, what's the big deal? Like maybe 5 out of 25. Just stay out of the poison pools.

xanderman222222
07-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Pressure them early on. If that dosent work mass archers and spears. I did this.

Maxchiang .
07-19-2013, 07:44 AM
You're in the 1900s; do you have a replay of you beating Herrown on a medium/long map where he medusa massed?

You're strategy does NOT work; JerryT did that, and he failed.

oktot0320
10-28-2013, 04:08 AM
to beat it kill his miners at the start of the battle

40fy
11-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Archer Mass, preferably with flaming arrows. Petrify is useless, only takes out 300 gold. Poison field does not much either, because they are long range. Get a few giants, to prevent the Medusas from retreating.

fhtrg
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Archer Mass, preferably with flaming arrows. Petrify is useless, only takes out 300 gold. Poison field does not much either, because they are long range. Get a few giants, to prevent the Medusas from retreating.

Will not always work. Medusa can petrify giants in 4 hits, so you will need 5+ giant. The medusa masser can retreat as the giants only hit 1 medusa at a time, Then the medusa will heal, and repeat. And spear mass won't work because medusa kill 16 of them, leaving only 7 left. Poison will slowly kill them, while medusa can attack them (I think normal attack is still high for medusa...

Dazzy
11-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Will not always work. Medusa can petrify giants in 4 hits, so you will need 5+ giant. The medusa masser can retreat as the giants only hit 1 medusa at a time, Then the medusa will heal, and repeat. And spear mass won't work because medusa kill 16 of them, leaving only 7 left. Poison will slowly kill them, while medusa can attack them (I think normal attack is still high for medusa...

...Who...gets 23 speartons...and who...gets 16 medusas...

>.>

_Ai_
11-07-2013, 01:11 AM
Ninja mass is the solution to this. For chaos, go bombers.

Wyrmspawn
11-07-2013, 03:23 AM
A long while ago, I successfully stalled long enough with giants to secretly garrison 3-4 rows of swords with rage. Once the giants died, the medusa masser continued on to my statue, and that was when I unleashed raging mayhem on the medusas. It actually worked pretty well, and allowed me to win the game.

However, I'm a noob and not sure if raging swords is a surefire counter to medusa mass, but just posting to say that it worked once for me.

fhtrg
11-07-2013, 02:47 PM

>.>

you know what I mean, medusa to max pop is better than speartons to max pop.

nullhead
11-11-2013, 06:33 PM

>.>

I feel you bro, but seriously everybody else, WHO would try to kill a medusa mass with SPEARTONS ONLY???? I'm fairly sure that wouldn't work, a giant mass is better, but I believe no MASS would be good to fight anything with (except apparentaly medusa & giant mass(but only if you're good enough)). because, the thing is with more types of units(and better micro), the harder it is to kill your army off with, now y'all who think a mass is better against a mass is TOTALLY leaving out the micro that could be used, and the fact that the medusa masser could bring out different units which could totally destroy your mass WITH NO PROBLEM!!! sorry I raged a little, but it needed to be said/

fhtrg
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I guess you could beat with speartons and archers (speartons in shield wall, while archers attack. if medusa stone archer, that would only be 300 gold.

Nosetotail
12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Here is my theoretical idea so I have no idea on the right balance of melee units. Send ten or so swords to attack the rear most medusa and let them work backwards from there, if poisoned no rage. Take out as many as you can while sending a shadow mass to finish the job. Seems he will be forced to spell out on the swords who are taking out his medusas leaving them wide open to the shadow rush. They may get poisoned but I don't think that would be the end of the world iif you managed to get most of them. Perhaps send in small wave of archers to finish the job. Don't know if this will work but just a thought. Main issue is the training overlap of melee units, and bombers so maybe don't target the rear. You must keep the shadows hidden or he will be ready for them.

jerrytt
12-03-2013, 03:36 PM
early pressure and speartons in shield wall with archer support is all you need to stop a mass. note the word stop. You should not be letting them get multiple medusas, or else you've pretty much lost anyways.

Phosphate
12-04-2013, 08:49 PM
i had a medusa masser on grass hills i raped him with 80 swords and a shit ton of lag

Nosetotail
12-05-2013, 06:11 PM
I don't think the lag was needed only you would have had 80 poisoned swords.

punch2415
12-12-2013, 04:55 PM
I guess use lots of albows and a giant to do it the smart way.

Dazzy
12-18-2013, 07:41 PM
I guess use lots of albows and a giant to do it the smart way.

Medusas will bomb a giant hard and albows...nope.

No one medusa masses. Too much mana/gold. If they have massed...try get shinobis off and T1 units, except pure massing is stupid. Other units will stop T1, especially a marrow's hellfists. So...GG.