PDA

View Full Version : DKMagician

stone
05-27-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/dkmagician.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/dkmagician.shtml)
http://www.stickpage.com/dkmagician.shtml

DKMagician goes head to head with MicWizard!

Parasite
05-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Pretty freaking sweet Danmark! I saw on the BURST thread that you were quitting stick animation. Sad to see you go ;.;

Irian
05-27-2013, 05:18 PM
It's awesome , but why did it have to be so darn small?

S-Critical
05-27-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.stickpage.com/img/game_thumbs_wide/dkmagician.jpg (http://www.stickpage.com/dkmagician.shtml)

fixed it for ya stone :D

Anyways, loved it! especially the effects :3

Camila
05-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Fx were good, the movements needs some work tho
sad that some of them were rotoscoped :I

Apex-Predator
05-27-2013, 07:20 PM
None of the moves looked rotoscoped to me anyways good job danmark

nyneicon
05-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Since he most likely wanted people to focus more on the effects throughout the animation, I think he did a pretty damn good job showing it.

Xero
05-27-2013, 08:01 PM

Over irc, Miccool said he PM'd DK about it a few roto'd fx he saw, and he claims dk confessed to them. (I'm still unsure as to how much of the actual anim was roto'd, because we were only able to find a few of the original clips)
They're from various animes, so unless you don't watch a variety of anime you probably wouldn't see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2kd_nLaj2s&list=PL20B4D045A11E4799
(2:00) (2:43)

AlphaMan
05-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Over irc, Miccool said he PM'd DK about it a few roto'd fx he saw, and he claims dk confessed to them. (I'm still unsure as to how much of the actual anim was roto'd, because we were only able to find a few of the original clips)
They're from various animes, so unless you don't watch a variety of anime you probably wouldn't see it.
He said that's the only two he did.

Mikematic
05-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't think it should really matter if some were inspired by anime.
I mean seriously? Anime?

Stick animation is one thing, million dollar profession Japanese animation is another.

And im pretty sure most if not all of us have tried to copy something they've seen in other cartoons, and especially anime. Given the amazing effects and angles.

That aside, this has to be my favorite animation this year so far. I loved everything about it.
Dk really put his all into it.

Only thing im bummed about is that he had to cut it short due to the file being too big.
But im still looking forward to Part 2.

And im also glad that DK got recognized due to this.
He worked hard, and now he will benefit.
He deserves it.

renZen
05-27-2013, 10:14 PM
super epic dk ! almost all of the scenes are my favorites , nice effetcs , i think you can battle guz or yun , maybe .
10/10 thumbs up .!

Fordz
05-27-2013, 11:02 PM
The only effect I think that was impossible to make by normal 'average' animators is the bomb explosion, I mean like, it was better than Miccool's.
Other than that, everything was well placed, I even learned how to do some effects DK did there by just watching it.
9.9/10

EDIT: That bomb explosion was rotoscoped, it was from Naruto Movie 2: Legend of the Stone of Gelel, where Naruto hit the Gelel sword thingy with his Rasengan.

Camila
05-27-2013, 11:19 PM

I obviously meant for the FX you silly, no one with a year of animation experience can make those fx without tracing them. I don't know if I'm being too mean, but I kinda lost a little of respect for DK after what he did :l.

renZen
05-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I obviously meant for the FX you silly, no one with a year of animation experience can make those fx without tracing them. I don't know if I'm being too mean, but I kinda lost a little of respect for DK after what he did :l.

it still seems cool though cams . chill . :)

Camila
05-27-2013, 11:25 PM
it still seems cool though cams . chill . :)

I wouldn't give a crap about it if he wasn't using it to get money. Anyone could trace the fx of any anime and make an awesome animation to win a competition here.

Fordz
05-27-2013, 11:29 PM

You never know, he might have practiced entirely on FX in a year and not on movements...

Camila
05-27-2013, 11:31 PM
You never know, he might have practiced entirely on FX in a year and not on movements...

He admitted it tho....

Oh well.

WizardKnight
05-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Wow O_O
Another animation that inspires meh :3

Tsang
05-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Despite all the claims of rotoscoping stated and everyone discussing about it on IRC, I still enjoyed what DanmarK had in store for us. Great job!

If several of the explosions actually have been copied from various anime, then he sure had me fooled, haha.

DanmarK
05-28-2013, 12:20 AM
ok... tnx for the positive and negative comments i mean yeah i deserve to lost your respect.... yeah rotoscoping and releasing it by my name sure is bad...
but also, from there, i learn how to create efx way far others...
yes i rotoscope two clips. from that video xero shared.... but all the remaining efx are made by my own ideas,hard work and patience...
@fordz
yes i practice efx than movements so i drastically improve on that field
@camilla
sorry for disappointing.. T_T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByxhwBrOImE

heres a sample tut... before i go.. bye

Miccool
05-28-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't think it should really matter if some were inspired by anime.
Inspired is one thing... Tracing is another. You're basically saying that it's okay to use animations from people who've had decades of experience and practice to get to where they are now. And someone just takes that from you...

ANYWAY, this just really rubbed me the wrong way cause I'm highly against this sort of thing. It appears like the two effects mentioned were rotoscoped which just automatically raises concerns and it seems some of the more highly detailed ones are very close references using the same colour palette, composition, similar timing and shapes, but done by his own.. which is still kinda questionable. Just don't rotocope and don't reference so close that it literally looks like the original. Just use it as study guide and create your OWN animation. http://www.filz.us/view/ad0e5741-324/ (Couple examples of this... First one is a very close ref while the other two are rotoscoped)

Anyway, I was the one that told him that to improve his effects he should study how other people do it... I didn't know that he'd literally reference/trace it to that extent and incorporate it into his own animation. But I think he's learned that it's wrong now and won't do it again.. And I feel bad for saying it out. but I felt like it was necessary. It was a good animation and a lot of time was put into it I'm sure.. but you have to makes sure what you're doing is the right way of doing things.. And I guess it's just a stick animation so it's not a BIG deal.. but if you keep going down this path, it will become a serious issue especially since you're apparently already working as an animator.

But yeah, I won't say anything more about this.. so don't worry. but you could at least mention Takashi Hashimoto.. the guy which most of your references/traces were based off from. >__>

_Ai_
05-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Before reading the comments, I could say this one was the best effects for an animation. Now, I'm not so sure.

Nanite
05-28-2013, 04:46 AM
We'll see how this turns out after more investigation.

Yun
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
We'll see how this turns out after more investigation.

Miccool already cleared it up. End of story.

DK, great job, seriously jelly to the point of being hysterical. But, just make sure that you don't make the same mistake. Overall, great job!

Camila, it's cleared up now. You can now relax. lol

Arch-Angel
05-28-2013, 01:01 PM
I still think it's better than mcwizard >:)
Haha it was pretty cool but it lacked the plot and follow through that mcwizard had. I'd give it like. 6/10. An animation should just be based solely off of one aspect of animation. The effects were cool but a lot of them had like eight different frames and the movements weren't the best. The artwork is nice. I actually enjoyed that a lot. You should work on an animation that is based on cinematic quality and plot, rather than effects. Something epic with a nice build up to get everyone excited. This had build up but ended right afterwards :/

Don't mind the haters dk, they're just jelly. The least. You should do is give him proper credit for this rather than feeling insulted or something. All these other jerks use peppers sound effects and feel like as long as they give him credit for them it's all good, regardless of if they make money or not.

Jeff
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
All these other jerks use peppers sound effects and feel like as long as they give him credit for them it's all good, regardless of if they make money or not.

That's not really the same thing at all. No one is saying "Oh, I made these sound effects." The fact that they're giving Pepper credit is all that really matters there. Pepper releases his work for free for anyone to use anyway. Danmark traced parts of his animation from a copyrighted source and made no mention through credits or otherwise until it was pointed out that he did so. He was allowing people to give him credit for something he didn't do and was just as happy not to correct them or notify them when commenting on effects he didn't make.

Mikematic
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Danmark traced parts of his animation from a copyrighted source and made no mention through credits or otherwise until it was pointed out that he did so. He was allowing people to give him credit for something he didn't do and was just as happy not to correct them or notify them when commenting on effects he didn't make.
Not trying to say any of this is wrong.
But technically, a few months before the release of this, he did tell his followers through DA that he would be practicing Anime inspired effects. Which he did.

Reference (http://dheekei.deviantart.com/art/Efx-Practice-No-6-359721829?q=gallery%3Adheekei%2F39612911&qo=1)

Jeff
05-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Not trying to say any of this is wrong.
But technically, a few months before the release of this, he did tell his followers through DA that he would be practicing Anime inspired effects. Which he did.

Reference (http://dheekei.deviantart.com/art/Efx-Practice-No-6-359721829?q=gallery%3Adheekei%2F39612911&qo=1)

Technically what? This doesn't excuse or prove anything. "I'm practicing Anime inspired effects" is not the same as "I'm going to trace this explosion in to my animation." You can trace for practice, that's fine, but the final result in an animation should be original based off of what you learned through that practice. Tracing an explosion into your animation isn't "practice", it's just stealing content.

Pin
05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Even though it's only "2 little explosions" I still find it a bit off putting to be paid money, for completely tracing someone elses thing and calling it yours. By not immediately saying "I traced these" but instead saying it was "inspiration" is still stealing. It may equal up to maybe a dollar worth of animation, but you're still taking credit for it. His opening section where he comes out the smoke is also copied from naruto the exact same scene. The front page should be fully original content. Inspiration does not cover copying things frame by frame.

No matter how small it is, stealing someones work should not be allowed. But this is my opinion.

ultrachimp
05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
I've been gone for a long time, and DK, I'm incredibly disappointed. You can't rotoscope for a final animation that you're getting paid for. You just can't do that. You know that you can't do that. It's wrong, full stop.

And Arch-Angel, I'm disappointed that you're so casual about it. You can't just pass over something as serious as this and pass it off as people being "jelly". SethX got BANNED before for rotoscoping. You cannot dismiss it. I've seen animators be pissed about their animation being taken away from them, even when there wasn't money involved. The amount of time and effort taken to make an anime is extreme, and taking that, and passing it as your own work is not just wrong but kind of sad.

I'm deeply, deeply disappointed with you DK and hope you won't do it again.
I'm more deeply disappointed with the people who are so causal about it.

It's stealing.

Pin
05-28-2013, 08:31 PM
I like ultra's point.
When i rotoscoped a 2 second naruto animation I was banned for about a month.
You rotoscop a little bit for a big animation, and you get paid and front paged, it's a really sneaky way in...
I have very little respect for you at the moment, even for the little bit of rotoscope you have.

And for people to saying that us "butt hurt" are jealous, they're wrong, I have no issue with new great animators, but the animation the amped up to be great and show you off, was partially stolen, may have been 5% of the animation, but it's showing you have no respect for other animators either. Someone worked on that, for you to plain steal to make your animation better? That's bullshit. You could have been sponsored without thoughs explosions and angles you copied, you could have done them on your own, but instead you said "Let's steal, no one will notice, call it inspiration and not show the video." And then when you're caught you admit it? You should have said straight up, I copied this.

Cruel
05-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Oh my god. Dem effects

Smile
05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
lol I remember miccool posting on the fa chat thread SethX's rotoscoped animation.

It was like, some 7 or so frames of smoke.
SethX got banned.

Lf2Master
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by this point but I want to put in my thoughts too.

The end result was enjoyable and pretty well-executed. I'll give it that much. Some of the timing was weird and some material felt out of place (especially quality-wise), but overall it was a very cool piece.

The lack of credit is what's really bothering me and most everyone else - from the original animator's perspective, it's akin to stealing material and passing it off as yours.

I believe that rotoscoping is completely fine as long as you credit all the material you referenced. Hell, even being paid for compiling rotoscoped animation is absolutely fine as long as you're crediting the source material. With that said, I don't like that DanmarK has only admitted to rotoscoping the effects that people have found out to be rotoscoped (at least at some point this was true - I don't know if he's come clean to other roto'd effects by this point).

I'm hoping that all the rotoscoped material has been credited by this point - every effect that isn't admitted but found to be rotoscoped will only further damage his name, and it's important to understand that they will all absolutely be found over time. I'll believe that DanmarK has only rotoscoped the two effects that have been found, and I hope that all the other effects are genuinely self-made.

I know DanmarK has an absolutely fantastic knack for effects and that he doesn't need to rotoscope to make great animations - this does not exempt him from providing credit to others' work.

Overall, this was as much of a great effort and creation as it is a bit of a shame...but we should put these mistakes in the past as long as he's not lying about his other effects. I hope DanmarK has learned from this experience.

PS - It's been a while since I've been here lol.

Vion
05-28-2013, 09:32 PM
It looks like DK is using graphic tablet. <-- Look at the credits, top right.

Xero
05-28-2013, 09:42 PM
A large portion of the community uses graphic tablets.
I don't see what you're getting at.

Camila
05-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Damg it Lf2 so long xD

Anyways... I'm (sadly) not agreed. "Let's everyone just trace anime fx in our animations and give them credits to the end!" There is no point into have competitions on SP if someone's 3-months effort can be easily surpassed by just tracing your fx in one week, it is not fair. And maybe it's not the first the animation with a traced effect....

For me, do whatever you want with your animations, trace them all if you want, but don't use it in the final result to win money nor a competition, it's like laughing at everyone's effort for trying to make something original. It's wrong and it shouldn't be aprooved in any way in the "stickman"animating world.

Lf2Master
05-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Damg it Lf2 so long xD

Anyways... I'm (sadly) not agreed. "Let's everyone just trace anime fx in our animations and give them credits to the end!" There is no point into have competitions on SP if someone's 3-months effort can be easily surpassed by just tracing your fx in one week, it is not fair. And maybe it's not the first the animation with a traced effect....

For me, do whatever you want with your animations, trace them all if you want, but don't use it in the final result to win money nor a competition, it's like laughing at everyone's effort for trying to make something original. It's wrong and it shouldn't be aprooved in any way in the "stickman"animating world.

lol hi

I agree that rotoscoping isn't the most amazing thing, but the thing with roto'ing is that people will acknowledge the lower skillset associated with it, and factor that into whether they find an animation to be impressive or not.

I'll be hitting on 'competition' and 'money' in the scheme of rotoscoping, and why roto'ing in such scenarios doesn't actually play that big of an impact in either.

Competition:
If you see two competition entries where one is full of roto'd material and looks better while the other isn't and still looks okay, many people will end up voting for the one that wasn't traced simply because most people will acknowledge that it takes much more skill. Only under very creative and original rotoscoping will people really acknowledge it as an original creation - it's very hard for people to vote for a highly roto'd animation when they're aware that most of the fbf work is copied. If you want to win a contest with roto'd material, you have to deserve it and win it by effort, originality, and creativity -not by deceiving your audience on the source of your work (which is why crediting rotoscope is so important).

If someone was to roto a lot of stuff but ends up creating something INCREDIBLY creative, PLUS their effort shows through their work - then there's no reason to not think it's a great creation. Without credit, however, the piece is really nothing but theft.

Money:
Money should not be an issue.

If you want to make money, try getting a job. Even minimum wage work will get you money faster than submitting projects to stickpage. Projects themselves, on the other hand, are generally born out of inspiration and determination - the monetary reward shouldn't be as important to you as the feedback you get from your audience (this is at least true in my case). If it was, just go get a job and I guarantee you you'll be making money faster. Don't stress out about the fact that people get more money than you with less effort in the scheme of stick animation - it really is a non-factor.

Just keep in mind that I don't support what DanmarK did at all when he avoided crediting rotoscoping. I just hope he gives credit if he rotoscopes at all in the future, which I also hope he doesn't do because I know he doesn't need to.

Miccool
05-29-2013, 01:20 AM
lol I remember miccool posting on the fa chat thread SethX's rotoscoped animation.

It was like, some 7 or so frames of smoke.
SethX got banned.

He roto'd on like 3 different occasions even when I said I'd ban him the next time I saw it.. I banned him for like a week or two or something... I think that's pretty fair : |

Nanite
05-29-2013, 04:05 AM
I don't know which other parts are roto'd or not, but I can say after watching it again, that he did the 2D combat himself and some of the sprite FX, and the art too.

Smile
05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
He roto'd on like 3 different occasions even when I said I'd ban him the next time I saw it.. I banned him for like a week or two or something... I think that's pretty fair : |

Yeah I said that because I thought what you did was fair, and that DanmarK should have the same fate too.

But like, you know, I'm not a mod or whatever so I thought I'd just say something because I hate him now.

Nuclearinsanity
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
"OH GAWD GUYZ DK STOLED SUM SPLOSIONZ"

Who freaking cares. The guy poured his time and patience into this animation. He wanted to show off some effects, and he simply wasn't at the point, so he used some SMOKE from NARUTO. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

Skyshark
05-29-2013, 03:49 PM
"OH GAWD GUYZ DK STOLED SUM SPLOSIONZ"

Who freaking cares. The guy poured his time and patience into this animation. He wanted to show off some effects, and he simply wasn't at the point, so he used some SMOKE from NARUTO. ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

I really did like DK's animation a lot, but what's irritating about it is that 1) you're making money off of what is essentially stolen content, and 2) he's a good enough FX artist that he didn't really have to rotoscope in the first place. If you're trying to show off your talents as an animator or a writer or a painter or any other sort of creative medium, stealing someone else's work and passing it off as your own undermines other people's trust in your abilities. It's an ethical offense, and in professional areas a legal offense as well.

I'm just glad people caught it and DK's getting flak for it now, because it's better to make mistakes like these and learn from them in a small environment like Stickpage than if you were hired by a studio and pulling the same shit. I'm sure DK knows this now.

nyneicon
05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Since he most likely wanted people to focus more on the effects throughout the animation, I think he did a pretty damn good job showing it.
Well now I'm disappointed.

Lf2Master
05-29-2013, 06:57 PM
For the record guys, DK is pretty regretful about this and is trying to update the swf with proper credits. So don't bite his head off lol.

Arch-Angel
05-29-2013, 07:02 PM
That's not really the same thing at all. No one is saying "Oh, I made these sound effects." The fact that they're giving Pepper credit is all that really matters there. Pepper releases his work for free for anyone to use anyway. Danmark traced parts of his animation from a copyrighted source and made no mention through credits or otherwise until it was pointed out that he did so. He was allowing people to give him credit for something he didn't do and was just as happy not to correct them or notify them when commenting on effects he didn't make.

I'm not going to lie I was being sarcastic throughout that whole post almost :( yeah taking sound effects from pepper is not the same as taking clips of animation from a known copyrighted source.

I've been gone for a long time, and DK, I'm incredibly disappointed. You can't rotoscope for a final animation that you're getting paid for. You just can't do that. You know that you can't do that. It's wrong, full stop.

And Arch-Angel, I'm disappointed that you're so casual about it. You can't just pass over something as serious as this and pass it off as people being "jelly". SethX got BANNED before for rotoscoping. You cannot dismiss it. I've seen animators be pissed about their animation being taken away from them, even when there wasn't money involved. The amount of time and effort taken to make an anime is extreme, and taking that, and passing it as your own work is not just wrong but kind of sad.

I'm deeply, deeply disappointed with you DK and hope you won't do it again.
I'm more deeply disappointed with the people who are so causal about it.

It's stealing.

Like I said above, sarcasm :/ I don't think it's as big of a deal as everyone's making it to be, and I certainly wouldn't ban anyone for doing. I've banned people for stealing artwork and animation pieces because even after being presented with evidence against them they denied what they did and claimed it as their own. I've even traced some naruto full body for like 20 frames and everyone thought it was the shit and then thought I was a piece of shit for tracing it even though it was the most obvious thing anyone could do. Especially since the clip was someone's signature >_> dk isn't going to rotoscope anything ever again and that's what counts, other than that people should get off of his nuts.

Yeah that's fair because you warned him about it, I would have made it very clear that it wouldn't be accepted and would have permanent banned him for doing it again. It's one thing when people do it and admit to doing it and say they won't do it again, but it's another to keep making the same mistakes regardless of the consequences.

Yeah I said that because I thought what you did was fair, and that DanmarK should have the same fate too.

But like, you know, I'm not a mod or whatever so I thought I'd just say something because I hate him now.

Why would you hate him? You're saying that you've never traced anything either? Everyone does at some point in their life with this kind of stuff. Sure it's not right that he made money while having some rotoscoped effects going on but he did admit to it, I'm sure he wont do it again, and even without the rotoscoped effects the animation is still good enough to be sponsored.

Smile
05-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Why would you hate him? You're saying that you've never traced anything either? Everyone does at some point in their life with this kind of stuff. Sure it's not right that he made money while having some rotoscoped effects going on but he did admit to it, I'm sure he wont do it again, and even without the rotoscoped effects the animation is still good enough to be sponsored.

Well I hate a lot of people.

I am proud to say that the only things I've traced in my life are pictures of real people when I was in the fourth grade. They were all thrown in the trash can right after getting finished.

Arch-Angel
05-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Well I guess that just makes you better than everyone else.

Nuclearinsanity
05-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Well I hate a lot of people.

I am proud to say that the only things I've traced in my life are pictures of real people when I was in the fourth grade. They were all thrown in the trash can right after getting finished.

Amazing. That comment made me like you SO much.

I wish I could be as cool as you.

Dickeater.

Lif3sGood
05-31-2013, 07:05 AM
That animation is so chaotic >_<
So maaany effects, well done!

Drifts
05-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Oooo I had a feeling this was gonna happen soon as Stone made this thread. I've been checking the forum everyday to see when it'll be up. I don't really need to say much because I guess my views have pretty much been said by everyone else.
So to cut it short: - Yeah he rotoscoped, it's ok to do it for learning purposes, but not when getting paid. However if you are doing it to get paid then it's best to credit the originator.

In the end of the day, he was wrong to use it in his sponsored animation, he knows that and has acknowledged it. As long as he's sorry for it, which he is, we can look past it. I see a lot of people trying to justify his actions with arguments that don't make any sense or does not relate to this matter at all. He has already admitted to it early in this thread, so stop trying to dig a bigger hole.

I think DK is an exceptional animator, and I commend his efforts into trying to enhance his skills. Obviously he has tremendous potential. I did like the animation, and the parts which I believed were not rotoscoped I thought were well animated. Also, good on DK for having the balls to actually comment on the thread to admit his wrong doings.

stickmakerflash
05-31-2013, 10:07 AM
PINOY PRIDE!!! Yeah. I love it when DanmarK puts a flag in all of his animations! epic! go DKMagician. Kick Micwizards poophole!!!

Smile
05-31-2013, 11:08 AM
Well I guess that just makes you better than everyone else.

well I wasn't judging anyone, it's just that I hate a lot of people. That doesn't mean I think that I'm better than anyone. Heck, I hate people who are better than me.

But if that was directed towards my "I've never traced anything..." comment, well I don't know how you thought I was implying "I'm better than everyone." It was merely an indirect "I have, but none of them were important" to your question "You're saying that you've never traced anything either?"

Amazing. That comment made me like you SO much.
I wish I could be as cool as you.

Making people like me wasn't really what I was going for when I posted that, but okay. Someone I don't know and/or care about hates me.

Heh.

Camila
05-31-2013, 12:26 PM
PINOY PRIDE!!! Yeah. I love it when DanmarK puts a flag in all of his animations! epic! go DKMagician. Kick Micwizards poophole!!!

Micwizard is, and will always be the best magician ever. Also you should read the previous pages.

stickmakerflash
05-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Micwizard is, and will always be the best magician ever. Also you should read the previous pages.

he maybe. but sometimes even the best can be beaten once. and, I'm quite lazy in reading so many stuff (that's how I get lots of infractions :P)

DanmarK
05-31-2013, 09:11 PM
ok i've seen all the comments and i feel regretful with this.. so i updated dkmagician's swf
here:http://dheekei.deviantart.com/art/DKmagician-Version2-367878718

(i replace the two rotoscoped smoke with new and original ones and still credit takashi hashimoto)

and a recording video for those who still doubt about my skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_frzDPzL70&feature=youtu.be

im currently contacting stone to update the front page.. sorry again guys

and just to clear your minds, i am not battling miccool as the best efx animator.. this is a tribute to him because he's my inspiration..

exceld
05-31-2013, 09:35 PM
ok i've seen all the comments and i feel regretful with this.. so i updated dkmagician's swf

(i replace the two rotoscoped smoke with new and original ones and still credit takashi hashimoto)

and just to clear your minds, i am not battling miccool as the best efx animator.. this is a tribute to him because he's my inspiration..

YEAH! NICE! ;D Still good ^^ Danmark... Thank you for being responsible ^^ And Good luck on your new job :)

Hitsuit
05-31-2013, 09:39 PM

lol the second rotoscoped edit is nice than the first also the ending XD

stickmakerflash
06-01-2013, 03:29 AM

oohhhh... i didn't quite get it at first. sorry DK

Smile
06-01-2013, 04:42 AM
I don't hate you now.

Sorry for commenting badly.

Fordz
06-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Well, he's done something that made us proud, edited his animation and still credited that Japanese animator.

Rotoscope is actually a learning process, not a normal one though. You use it for practices and stuff, then after tracing you make something original from all you've learned.
In DK's case, he accidentally (since I think he doesn't really know what's Rotoscope before) rotoscoped the effects in hopes that he'll hype up the animation by doing so.
So since he doesn't really know what Rotoscope is before, why were you guys hating him? (I said 'WERE', which is past tense)

I never lost respect to DK since I know he was unaware of his actions, misunderstood the tip of his favorite animator and was mislead to trace...
You are one exceptional PINOY animator, you make us other pinoy stick-figure animators proud. Keep it up (not the rotoscope but your determination).

Anyway, let's just forget this rotoscope thing, he EDITED that thing, that's good enough.

Hitsuit
06-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Wait DK,i see some guidelines at the bomb explosion,is it?

Yun
06-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Rotoscope is actually a learning process, not a normal one though. You use it for practices and stuff, then after tracing you make something original from all you've learned.
In DK's case, he accidentally (since I think he doesn't really know what's Rotoscope before) rotoscoped the effects in hopes that he'll hype up the animation by doing so.
So since he doesn't really know what Rotoscope is before, why were you guys hating him? (I said 'WERE', which is past tense)

That's like saying a person doesn't realize that they were cheating a test.

And there is no evidence that DK doesn't know what rotoscoped means. Once when an animator starts tracing over another animation, they know they're cheating. In this case, DK really made a bad move and copied over an animation from a scene in Naruto and got money for it.

Sharp
06-01-2013, 11:18 AM
That's like saying a person doesn't realize that they were cheating a test.

And there is no evidence that DK doesn't know what rotoscoped means. Once when an animator starts tracing over another animation, they know they're cheating. In this case, DK really made a bad move and copied over an animation from a scene in Naruto and got money for it.

He admitted that he did wrong, he has said that he's sorry, he re-made it and gave the proper credits to the person who made the effects that he traced, and he has contacted stone about changing the frontpage.
Move on please.

Anyways, I'm proud of how you dealt with the problem DK. You listened to the comments and you fixed it all. Most people would probably just ignore the feedback and move on, so kudos to you for making the right decision.

Camila
06-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Yun don't bother, there're a crap ton of pinoys here that will defend DK from anything even if he murders someone.

I do accept his apoligise and appreciate his nuts for being responsible for his tracing. But it may pass some long time before he gains my respect again. IMO tho...

_Ai_
06-01-2013, 11:42 AM
I think he doesnt bother if people respect him or not. He just do it to extend his animation skills, and have done that greatfully.

Besides, you guys keep focusing on the rotoscoped part, dont you? How about the other part of the animation? Its damn cool if you think about it.

renZen
06-01-2013, 02:10 PM
dk made a great animation , i know he rotoscope but it doesn't matter , how about the other parts ? it was epic
on the guitar hero , he like copied a lot of moves on soul eater , but you guys dont mind it cuz his skills are not that epic yet .
and now he's epic , and you just talk shit now , come on . ! wheres the friendly community here ? hello !
aaaannndd , if he was in a company now , i think he wont do it again , just chill guys .

Skyshark
06-01-2013, 04:09 PM
A healthy dose of respect for you, sir, for realizing your mistake and going back and fixing it. The updated effects turned out great and reinforced my belief that you're a good animator and don't have to resort to rotoscoping to create an entertaining final product.

Yun
06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I do agree that we are taking this whole rotoscope to the point where its gonna be a long time before the whole commotion dies down. Again, its a great thing, DK, that you take the comments into full heart and fixing up your mistakes. You know, you dont often see that kind of attitude from everyone.

I've been seeing posts about the video now being updated. I'll be watching it again soon. For now, I'm on phone.

Drifts
06-01-2013, 08:16 PM
I think he doesnt bother if people respect him or not. He just do it to extend his animation skills, and have done that greatfully.

Besides, you guys keep focusing on the rotoscoped part, dont you? How about the other part of the animation? Its damn cool if you think about it.

Err, he probably does care if people respect him, why wouldn't he? If he didn't care, he wouldn't have made the effort to make all these changes the constant bickering of the community. He could have merely have left the animation as it is. Your not really a great animator if you ain't respected, hence why some animators on here are annoyed that he used Takashi Hashimoto (a respected animator in the anime industry) for his own personal gain.

Anyway, I think we've talked about this rotoscope enough. how about we talk about the rest of the animation for now.

Camila
06-01-2013, 08:25 PM
The movememts need work, I don't know why does it look so weird in some parts, but the art and soke angles had a good perspective and were well done. The faces were kinda extremely weird-looking, it buged me a little, but the serious-like expressions were pretty damn good.

renZen
06-01-2013, 10:39 PM
http://dheekei.deviantart.com/art/DKmagician-Version2-367878718
i think dk already replaced his rotoscope explosions , check it out .

Hitsuit
06-01-2013, 10:40 PM
i think dk already replaced his rotoscope explosions , check it out .

dude he already says it.

renZen
06-02-2013, 03:22 AM
oh sorry didnt saw that

Fordz
06-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Welp, I liked MicWizard's facial expression there when he pointed his wand.
The faces of the others were weird tho, but cute.

Movements needed fixing, but kudos for animating some stick figures the way you animate full-bodies.
Excellent explosions, effects and artwork. Too bad it was a cliff hanger, you stopped at the climax. 'To Be Continued' animations are not really what we want and is not a good habit to do 'cause what if you decide NOT to continue?...

Overall, 9.5/10. Congratulations for making something different.

poppetje3D
06-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Looks nice DK! Good job, must have been alot of effort ! ;) Id say that there were moments when I got confused. It gone too fast. I have these problems too! Still very entertaining animation. Keep practicing! <3

tornado
06-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Those sexy effects. Nice Work.

Praetorain
06-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Sexy effects...

mobias parkour
06-07-2013, 05:07 AM
one of the best ive seen! i hope you didnt challenge the MICwizard

Nanite
06-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Has the updated .swf been edited onto the front page yet?

Arch-Angel
06-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Lol damn dk.
Edit: I think it's cute how all of these oldies come to the forum when stuff like this happens. Otherwise they're ancient lol.

Drone
06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Damn DK,
you dun goofed
I don't honestly see why you felt the need to rotoscope all the scenes tha you did, it would have been good (or at least, watchable..) regardless of if they were in or not.
I know the struggle for inspiration is real and all, but c'mon guy.

Findood
06-14-2013, 05:49 AM
Dk, was ones your biggest fans and your tutorials hepled me alot but these rotoscopes have gone to far. It's like all the fullbody scenes are rotoscoped and i'm start to doubt the rest now...

DanmarK
06-14-2013, 06:14 AM
aw... that one was a really close reference but i did not trace that... but yes i copy the exact poses and use tweening on it.. im so busted >.< . .

Xero
06-14-2013, 06:37 AM
Like Jombo said, at this point I can't trust you; this is a serious matter, and you've had the first chance to own up to all of it, but you've chosen conceal it.
I'd have been more forgiving of it if you've owned up to it all of this when you were first questioned, but now with more stand in proof, it's pretty much sealed the respect you've lost from me.

I'm dissapointed entirely.

Arch-Angel
06-14-2013, 08:50 AM
I mean really if he uses a scene as inspiration an mimics it that is not the same thing as tracing some effects.

Ashish9
06-14-2013, 09:18 AM
Fuk yeu guise, y'all cant even criate hafass qwality anim as he deed even wid tha .fla filezz

Mimicing itself is pretty difficult. So, even though it lacks originality, it still has some professional quality.

Nanite
06-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Alright, DK, what else in your animation did you mimic?

Fordz
06-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Yeah, I guess I lost trust as well. He LIED.

DuckBeak
06-16-2013, 09:35 AM
im so busted >.< . .
More like BUSTER-ed....
*tumbleweed passes*

Miccool
06-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Sorry to say, but there are still stolen scenes from this movie taken straight from anime. You guys have mentioned that he rotoscoped 2 explosions from Naruto. But there's more.

Here's DK's "uncopied" version of DKMagician where he even writes "i replace the 2 rotoscoped efx with new and original ones but still credit the maker of my video reference..". and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsaIwmQ10ks)he says "but all the remaining effects are made by my own hands..."

At the very beginning of DK magician he does this charge-up spinny animation and then shoots a beam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWLjQoX8htU
Now go to 0:15 in this video and compare it to the beginning of DK Magician. It's the exact same scene. You can't even argue with it, the way she rotates her arms, turns and puffs out his chest and shoots her beam.

And there's nothing in any of his credits say anything about Diebuster, yet the scene is taken exactly off of it. Maybe not rotoscoped frame by frame, but no doubt copied.

It seems like DK hasn't taken off all the stolen clips and has not learned anything. There may still be more in there, I don't know. I haven't watched the full thing. I just saw the Diebuster scene and flipped out and posted it. DK shouldn't have gotten money from this and should have admitted to stealing all his clips once he's got busted for 2. But he didn't. I can't trust him.

lol I KNEW it was Imaishi... He's known for that exaggerated style.. especially with that trademark wind up kick thingy he always does... I was too lazy to look through all of diebuster though =\.. Good catch jombo.

renZen
06-17-2013, 08:07 AM
danmark , what the fuck ? you fucking lied to us !
think of what you did .

Arch-Angel
06-17-2013, 11:38 PM
You guys are just butchering it now :/ seriously he admitted to and apologized for rotoscoping. Mimicking something isn't as bad as clearly tracing and taking credit for it.

PLasmaghost
06-18-2013, 01:06 PM
in pretty much any art, (coding included) you still credit something if it wasn't your idea. If you reference a drawing, you tell what it's referenced by. If you copy a piece of information in writing, you cite where the info came from. If you copy a song and change the lyrics, you still give credit to the original. etc etc.

The fact that he roto'd originally (weather or not he could animate it himself is irrelevant) the problem here is that there is no credit where credit is due.

Arch-Angel
06-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Lets all sit back and take a moment to appreciate how all of the oldies feel the need to come bitch when something happens or get money from an animation, rather than to be an involved part of the community :D

PLasmaghost
06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
It's funny how most of the "oldies" tend to be the ones that bring in just about every single newcomer on this site as well as become the base for most of the tournaments started here with the animations they make. You know, as opposed to just posting on the forum and creating little to no decent animation content like 98% of the site. It's also a bit funny how whenever an "oldie" tries to start up something cool,big, or interesting, time and time again the community gets lay with the idea and fails to complete most of its shit.

lets all sit back and take a moment to think about that too. or not. You know, because its completely off topic...

Arch-Angel
07-07-2013, 06:43 AM
It's funny how most of the "oldies" tend to be the ones that bring in just about every single newcomer on this site as well as become the base for most of the tournaments started here with the animations they make. You know, as opposed to just posting on the forum and creating little to no decent animation content like 98% of the site. It's also a bit funny how whenever an "oldie" tries to start up something cool,big, or interesting, time and time again the community gets lay with the idea and fails to complete most of its shit.

lets all sit back and take a moment to think about that too. or not. You know, because its completely off topic...

There's a difference.
It's like back in the day when all of the cool cats over at FA talked shit about us but the minute they finished an animation and wanted some sponsorship money they shot CJ a PM. You don't have to as active as a lot of the forum goers but it means a lot to the knew members when they join a forum in hopes to become like an animator that they have come to admire and actually see them around. Miccool is the most active "oldie", but that's because he's a bad ass.

renZen
07-07-2013, 06:59 AM
why did you bump on this thread arch ? its already over . :D

Camila
07-07-2013, 07:40 AM
why did you bump on this thread arch ? its already over . :D

If you're actually contributing to the thread it doesn't matter. Don't try to mod him.

PLasmaghost
07-07-2013, 01:13 PM
...but he isn't adding anything, its become an argument over something that has no relevance to the topic.

also, is the fully edited version of DKm up yet?

Arch-Angel
07-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah I really wasn't :/ It went along with the conversation at hand so I responded to it since Hewitt mentioned it on Skype earlier. Otherwise I never would have noticed because quite frankly I don't care lol.

Hewitt
07-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah sure, blame the messenger.

Arch-Angel
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Oh no I'm not blaming you at all, buttercup. I'm just stressing the same thing I expressed to you about not being a known giver of fucks :/

Phosphate
07-21-2013, 10:07 PM
i just noticed part of the intro is buster beam

hazmatguy
10-13-2013, 11:49 AM

super awesome