PDA

View Full Version : Pumuecils sword + arch parade

PUMU
05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
my strat mainly consists of building an overwhelming amount of low tier units to keep the opponent at bay with out going into mana as much as possible.
a few examples are listed below.
the strat is to outnumber the enemy as much as possible. whilst the opponent buys himself things that wont help him in the least.
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1342609&version=1.62
the overwhelm^ chaos user in the 1800's overwhelmed by strat
http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...0&version=1.62
http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...6&version=1.62
another overwhelm into incorrect choices

http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...9&version=1.62
against a higher rank
wrathofshadows is myself rank 1560 at the time against taylork rank 1800 somethin at the time.

nullhead
05-29-2013, 08:15 AM
there's a problem with low tier units, they're easily beaten by a mage & meric mass, demonstrated by the magikill levels on campaign, so if you plan to mass these, somebody is going to realise that mages could ruin you.

PUMU
05-29-2013, 10:21 AM
tis be why i go after magikills with swords dodging the spells like a boss as demonstrated in the replays if you bothered to watch them. also units are expendable.
where they can force the opponent to make those decisions at the wrong time where as if merics are by themselves on the field they will die quickly.
a human opponent is much different then an ai

nullhead
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I get that, but then they can be a little more creative than what I said, so it can give you more problems (and maybe dilemmas) to deal with.

jli
05-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Man, these replays remind me of my old build. Kind of makes me want to go back to that strategy.

Although now I have a slightly modified strategy that involves ninjas in case of a mage.

PUMU
05-30-2013, 09:34 AM
there good right although its getting boring winning with it i've switched my strat to a bit of spears in there as well to provide even more pressure early on.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:12 PM
I remember doing actual battle with jli, he loved the archers and swords, and that's all I faced, except maybe a mage or some other random unit

jli
05-30-2013, 05:52 PM
I remember doing actual battle with jli, he loved the archers and swords, and that's all I faced, except maybe a mage or some other random unit

xD Yup. It was probably the ghost and a mage for support.

It's a very solid build; near invincible if microed well.

nullhead
05-30-2013, 05:55 PM
xD Yup. It was probably the ghost and a mage for support.

It's a very solid build; near invincible if microed well.

true dat, it was impossible to think of something that could be built in time, so I did swords, and I lost them, and eventually the game.

PUMU
05-31-2013, 11:23 AM
did you retreat the group or did you micro. if you micro swords can be annoying as hell.

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
did you retreat the group or did you micro. if you micro swords can be annoying as hell.

Yup. You can avoid the spells with good micro and a little bit of luck, and then kill the mage. If got poisoned just garrison quickly. xD

Cha05Walking
06-01-2013, 05:25 PM
shadowraths and magikills would destroy you

Cha05Walking
06-01-2013, 05:26 PM
shadows are faster and magikills have range so theres no running away. think about it

THEFORCE
06-01-2013, 05:45 PM
shadows are faster and magikills have range so theres no running away. think about it

Why would you spend all that money on shadowraths? Swordwraths with rage can kill shadowraths... But spamming low tier units is pretty risky..

PUMU
06-01-2013, 06:56 PM
why would you waste your time wiith shadows? you dont go shadows ever against me ask taylork shadows and magikills suck the majority of the time against me shadows 100 percent of the time. magikills can get lucky but even then they suck,
dont ever mention that again plz. whilst you target my archidons with your shadows my swords gangbang your magikill. whilst my archidons simply hold still and kill your shadows as it retreats. and tower will be giant by the time you get enough shadows to present a threat.

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 05:05 AM
why would you waste your time wiith shadows? you dont go shadows ever against me ask taylork shadows and magikills suck the majority of the time against me shadows 100 percent of the time. magikills can get lucky but even then they suck,
dont ever mention that again plz. whilst you target my archidons with your shadows my swords gangbang your magikill. whilst my archidons simply hold still and kill your shadows as it retreats. and tower will be giant by the time you get enough shadows to present a threat.

It's like the mage will just stand still there? And he'll have other units...

Cha05Walking
06-02-2013, 12:44 PM
like i said earlier shadows a mage or two and albows with fire arrows would cut you down in seconds along with a couple merics and maybe even a giant kills each one in one hit. so u can go think some more. there would be no running away. ive dealt with that strat and laughed at it so many times u wouldnt believe.

PUMU
06-02-2013, 02:47 PM
This would not be considered early by the dead body glitch absorbing those blazing bolts and my archidons being meatshielded by my swords.
Early shadow will get smashed by my swords leaving me with tower still then tower spawn putting you severely behind in economy. You will never get more than 1 giant out with my archidons and swords blocking second row with tower spawn.
You've faced people in the 12's to be able to say that. You would have to spend 1500 at least on miners to quickly go giant and even then one hit will not kill an arch or sword dude. Add another 1000 in gold and mana for the spells and another 600 in gold and mana for growth on giants assuming they exist, whilst all that time I never have to go into mana and I'm simply stockpiling pointlessly for when I feel I need to do so. Then your spending 300 for castle arch to keep my swords and archs away temporarily which I spend on two miners or swords. If I see you spawn a shadow I simply spawn more swords over archs If I see 1 albow I send my archidons to kill it seeing how archdon movement speed is faster.
Quit trying to prove me wrong you fail at it.

jerrytt
06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
pls

Archer spam in the beginning, while I make a wall and castle archer. when your swordwrath get close to my base, i surprise you with the wall. If you stay at the center, ill buy a spearton, slap it in front of my archers, and kite your swords to death. And ill be keeping my distance with my archers, so ill start shooting at you from max range and run almost instantly if you chase.

PUMU
06-02-2013, 06:55 PM
In response to both of us?...
If your talking to me me swords will absorb the arrows like I said with the dead body glitch remember?
Killing one and wounding another out of twenty meanwhile my archidons keep yours at bay from behind my swords along with tower so what are you saying exactly I'm not stupid to let you mass archers or let you gain tower with them especially so what are you saying exactly?

THEFORCE
06-03-2013, 04:04 AM
In response to both of us?...
If your talking to me me swords will absorb the arrows like I said with the dead body glitch remember?
Killing one and wounding another out of twenty meanwhile my archidons keep yours at bay from behind my swords along with tower so what are you saying exactly I'm not stupid to let you mass archers or let you gain tower with them especially so what are you saying exactly?

Early game you haven't got much units yet. Speartons tank much more than swordwrath. Archers kill swords pretty quickly compared to speartons... If he masses archers, the swordwraths will be all dead in a few seconds. The speartons however will still have more than 3/4 of his health.

monkeywrath
06-03-2013, 07:50 AM
i/just/mass/the/crap/out/of/giants/sorry/for/typing/with/slashes/spacebar/broken:P

monkeywrath
06-03-2013, 07:51 AM
:3

PUMU
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Early game you haven't got much units yet. Speartons tank much more than swordwrath. Archers kill swords pretty quickly compared to speartons... If he masses archers, the swordwraths will be all dead in a few seconds. The speartons however will still have more than 3/4 of his health.

exactly why my point supercedes his. he wont have many spears early and my swords will retreat before being killed if he build an early unit of that caliber. 750 for spearton and arch. compared to 750 for 4 swords with rage to kill archidon and spear by micro with money left over

monkeywrath
06-04-2013, 07:18 AM
exactly why my point supercedes his. he wont have many spears early and my swords will retreat before being killed if he build an early unit of that caliber. 750 for spearton and arch. compared to 750 for 4 swords with rage to kill archidon and spear by micro with money left over

smart...very/smart:D