PDA

View Full Version : Shadowraths.. Strikes again

THEFORCE
05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
So yeah. In short: I'm having a trouble with this: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1343068&version=1.62

How do I counter it? Did I do something wrong? Please comment..

PUMU
05-29-2013, 12:37 PM
you retreated a bit to early even if your spears were wounded early on you couldve made an attept to target his albows from behind the wall if not take his wall and attack with spears to slow him down

THEFORCE
05-29-2013, 12:41 PM
you retreated a bit to early even if your spears were wounded early on you couldve made an attept to target his albows from behind the wall if not take his wall and attack with spears to slow him down

I did take out the wall and retreated... But I just couldn't risk to attack because of those shadows assassinating my archers.. I wanted to fill my army then attack, but he surprised me with his attacks and made me fall back and finished me off.

PUMU
05-29-2013, 02:54 PM
however as long as you distracted him with the fact that your speartons are attacking his miners he wont be able to make more shadows and your archers could peck from a distance seeing as the units are expendable.

THEFORCE
05-29-2013, 03:38 PM
however as long as you distracted him with the fact that your speartons are attacking his miners he wont be able to make more shadows and your archers could peck from a distance seeing as the units are expendable.

Hmm. But I'll risk losing all my archers...

PUMU
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
yes this is true but you can rebuild these units while the opponent will be behind drastically in his economy pressuring him into making bad mistakes.
then from there you can build your magikills and giants as you see fit :D

nullhead
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM

dude, guerrilla warfare tactics, priceless, just get enough damage done, then retreat.

THEFORCE
05-30-2013, 01:36 AM
yes this is true but you can rebuild these units while the opponent will be behind drastically in his economy pressuring him into making bad mistakes.
then from there you can build your magikills and giants as you see fit :D

Now I'm not sure how many miners will he lose... Considering I'll lose all my archers and he would probably go for the middle. He would've about 2-3 speartons, 1 albowtross, 4 ninjas. Ninjas can catch up to my speartons, especially that the match is on grass hills... What I see that I did wrong was that I didn't build any albowtross and kept building archers...

PUMU
05-30-2013, 11:49 AM
i can see what you saying however you would be forcing his units out to attempt to capture middle, your still building units, he's distracted by your spears in conflict with his units and if anything your 10 archidons will more than likely target his albow first to get rid of the air threat eliminating the option since you are also attacking his miners. and as long as he is distracted by the fact that his miners are being molested you will in turn force him to either garrison stalling his army or for his units to attack your spears which you will continue raining hell via archers in the main time crippling his army and killing his miners all the same forcing him to make the choice of surrender or... surrender. cause by then either way you would be forcing him to do something that will put him behind either way. whilst rainbow village on your side celebrates with a little dance party

taylork2
05-31-2013, 12:49 AM
So yeah. In short: I'm having a trouble with this: www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1343068&version=1.62

How do I counter it? Did I do something wrong? Please comment..

I'm surprised with the title being what it is that I wasn't your opponent in the replay.

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 07:37 AM
i can see what you saying however you would be forcing his units out to attempt to capture middle, your still building units, he's distracted by your spears in conflict with his units and if anything your 10 archidons will more than likely target his albow first to get rid of the air threat eliminating the option since you are also attacking his miners. and as long as he is distracted by the fact that his miners are being molested you will in turn force him to either garrison stalling his army or for his units to attack your spears which you will continue raining hell via archers in the main time crippling his army and killing his miners all the same forcing him to make the choice of surrender or... surrender. cause by then either way you would be forcing him to do something that will put him behind either way. whilst rainbow village on your side celebrates with a little dance party

Speartons can block arrows you know... From reaching the albowtross. The annoying thing on grass hills, that when you're on the offense, your units reach you in like forever. While the enemy gets his units to the battle faster. Makes a huge disadvantage.

@Taylork: You're not the only one good with shadows...

taylork2
05-31-2013, 11:01 AM
@Taylork: You're not the only one good with shadows...

That may be true, but as far as I know, I'm the best around with shadowwraths.(Joe Esposito's You're The Best Around starts playing)

PUMU
05-31-2013, 12:19 PM
atlthough in the video your archs were further back away from the spears allowing you to smash his one arch at the time

@taylork do you still have the replay of our game so i can show him?

THEFORCE
05-31-2013, 06:27 PM
atlthough in the video your archs were further back away from the spears allowing you to smash his one arch at the time

What about the shadows?? And what about the spears themselves charging at my archers?

taylork2
05-31-2013, 09:38 PM

No, I save no replays, but I may have some other replays showing my Shadowwrath strategy.

Here's one showing me fighting SoundGarden he is using Speartons/FlyingCrossbowmen
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1368621&version=1.62

PUMU
06-02-2013, 01:41 AM
3 spears so what? his shadows are faster but this helps you. the spears will not be able to meatshield the arrows if the shadows are in front. and they wont be damaging your speartons if they are.

THEFORCE
06-02-2013, 05:59 AM
3 spears so what? his shadows are faster but this helps you. the spears will not be able to meatshield the arrows if the shadows are in front. and they wont be damaging your speartons if they are.

Good call. Problem is they have albowtross and They could easily shinobi and retreat with the shadows.

PUMU
06-02-2013, 07:51 PM
He would have to have the speed of a computer to deal enough damage to kill your archidons whilst simultaneously going shinobi and garrisoning at the same time with the lag of the spell and game against him.. Which is very unlikely.

THEFORCE
06-03-2013, 04:58 AM
He would have to have the speed of a computer to deal enough damage to kill your archidons whilst simultaneously going shinobi and garrisoning at the same time with the lag of the spell and game against him.. Which is very unlikely.

He would at least make me retreat with my archers if not kill one. As I said he has albas, automatically shooting my speartons. Before any support reaches me on Grass Hills, My archers would be slaughtered. He could build miners or even worse, rush to my miners right away. I have no units, he has an army...

PUMU
06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
but with the multiple speartons you will deliver critical damage to his miners before he can severely damage your spears with 1 albow

THEFORCE
06-04-2013, 11:34 AM
but with the multiple speartons you will deliver critical damage to his miners before he can severely damage your spears with 1 albow

Good point. So I let my archers die but micro my speartons? Sadly you're banned.

PUMU
06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
I am no longer. if he manages to kill a few yes this would have to be the case. but this is a sacrifise you can make that'll put him behind.

THEFORCE
06-05-2013, 01:14 AM
I am no longer. if he manages to kill a few yes this would have to be the case. but this is a sacrifise you can make that'll put him behind.

What if he garrisons? I'll only take only 1-2 miners if I'm lucky while he takes all of my archidons.

fram
06-05-2013, 12:08 PM
No, I save no replays, but I may have some other replays showing my Shadowwrath strategy.

Here's one showing me fighting SoundGarden he is using Speartons/FlyingCrossbowmen
http://www.stickempires.com/play?rep...1&version=1.62
wannna bet on it? you got it wrong. make 1-3 units who are good against swords and albows forcing them to get things like giants and pwn then or do you want 20 v 20 ninja fight with me?

jli
06-05-2013, 12:31 PM
What if he garrisons? I'll only take only 1-2 miners if I'm lucky while he takes all of my archidons.

Guys, just play an actual game of SE and see what happens. Lord Almighty.

PUMU
06-05-2013, 01:19 PM
But i want to argue some more :(

THEFORCE
06-05-2013, 06:42 PM
But i want to argue some more :(

:P Everyone is having trouble with ninja massers now. It's annoying and confusing.

jli
06-05-2013, 10:23 PM
:P Everyone is having trouble with ninja massers now. It's annoying and confusing.

Shield bash + Magikill + Walls. Boom.

PUMU
06-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Albows say lololol but ninjas ignore them which is why I buy multi castle arch
And shit loads of swords garrisoned for a surprise counter when he targets my statue

fhtrg
06-15-2013, 09:28 PM
use alot of achers and some spearton to tank damage. shadowrath have low health so lots a ranged units can kill lots of shadowrath.

stickman311
06-15-2013, 10:03 PM
use alot of achers and some spearton to tank damage. shadowrath have low health so lots a ranged units can kill lots of shadowrath.
Sadowraths have low defense, not low health

malbence
06-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Getting rid of Shadowraths?

Archers, swords, and a shadowrath to take out magikill.

stickman311
06-16-2013, 07:26 AM
Getting rid of Shadowraths?

Archers, swords, and a shadowrath to take out magikill.

Archers, miner wall, tower spawn, giants are enough to take out 16 magikills

merich1
06-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Archers, miner wall, tower spawn, giants are enough to take out 16 magikills

But then they just blow up your Archers...

And who says the Mage users don't have tanks too?

stickman311
06-16-2013, 08:05 AM
But then they just blow up your Archers...

And who says the Mage users don't have tanks too?

Blow? I kite

THEFORCE
06-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Well, my final conclusion is Speartons + shield bash + archers... Timing is kinda tricky at first, but it works perfectly.