PDA

View Full Version : First Attempt At Fire Animation

Zatike
05-29-2013, 07:09 PM
So as the title states, this is my first try animating fire
http://zatike.deviantart.com/art/First-Fire-animation-374713486?ga_submit_new=10%253A1369877008

I need some CnC that will help me make it look more fluid and natural not so much in the character, but the fire.

This animation was made at 24 fps.

Update: Here is the upgraded fire after using some of the tips in the comments
http://zatike.deviantart.com/art/First-Fire-Attempt-374725299?ga_submit_new=10%253A1369880914

Camila
05-29-2013, 07:48 PM
It's pretty good for a first time, most of fire FX lacks of fluidity and movement, but you did great in that aspect. I would recommend to add some kind of glow to it, and use more colors not just one, add some sort of orange in the center and stuff. And also you should try to add more particles :3

Zatike
05-29-2013, 07:51 PM
It's pretty good for a first time, most of fire FX lacks of fluidity and movement, but you did great in that aspect. I would recommend to add some kind of glow to it, and use more colors not just one, add some sort of orange in the center and stuff. And also you should try to add more particles :3

Thanks Camila ill work on more particles and ill add some more detail to the fire ^_^

Arch-Angel
05-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Whoa. I can't watch the anim because I'm on an iPad, but camila is wrong. You can either use a lighter yellow and add a dark orange glow to it, it looms good. You do not want the dark color on the inside though. Fre glows, so the center is the brightest and it's darker around the edges. I use a yellow and dark orange for normal fire, but the more zoomed in you plan on having it the more detail you should have.

Zatike
05-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Whoa. I can't watch the anim because I'm on an iPad, but camila is wrong. You can either use a lighter yellow and add a dark orange glow to it, it looms good. You do not want the dark color on the inside though. Fre glows, so the center is the brightest and it's darker around the edges. I use a yellow and dark orange for normal fire, but the more zoomed in you plan on having it the more detail you should have.

Okay thanks, ill edit the existing video first with the new effects then make a better version.

Telepurte
05-30-2013, 03:53 AM
Make sure you get the holding poses to not look like they're going to fall over.

Ezy
05-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Yea Lol. Try to think, or act out how you would throw a fireball and you'll see that it needs more build up time. Needs more particles also, keep workin on those FX buddies

Telepurte
05-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Yes, always put yourself in the things you're animating's place to add more realism to emotions and movement.

Zatike
05-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Yes, always put yourself in the things you're animating's place to add more realism to emotions and movement.

i was not concentrating on body movement in the least during this animation only because it took so much concentration for me to make the fire, but i see where you coming from and ill work on it. I can see how i should have made the leg drag along the floor instead of taking a full step and also, like ezy said, more build up time.