PDA

View Full Version : The Dance Collab

Sacred
06-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't care if I have another collab going on, I had this idea pop-up in my head, "How about a bunch of people making someone dancing." And this is a passalong collab. To sync with the music.

RULES:

Any program.

Must make an animation of someone dancing.

At least 3 Secs.

Any dance you like.

Music already has been chosen.(DDR-Kick the Can)

24 FPS

550x400

I can deny any entry.

Any entry denied will be put in another section of the collab.

When you are finished with your part, send the collab file to me, to see if your entry is good, and then I will send it to the next person in line.

Anything else?

PEOPLE IN:
$$=Has Completed their part.
$=Currently has the collab.
T_T=Still Waiting
X=Denied Section

$$ mraznbuddy(:D)
$$ Raffeh(:D)
$$ Lixu
X sherbet_productions
$ sAcReD(;])
T_T byondrage(:D)
T_T connorclockwise
T_T Checkers(:D)
T_T taconaf
T_T Raffeh (2!)
-

Unlimited people can be in.

Good luck, and I guess you can suggest a song if you think one is better.

Rather Cheesy
06-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Dancing is usually best when done to the music... This is a better idea for a joint than a collab. Also, don't allow pivot or easytoon, they bring the overall quality of an animation down. I'd also up the FPS because 18 is slow for most animators. 24 is a good middle ground.

I can't give this my blessing, sorry.

Sacred
06-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Well, I allowed Pivot and EZtoon because I've mostly seen dancing animations in those areas, and if the quality of the animation is pretty bad, I'll add it into the denied section, simple, and I guess 24 FPS will work out.

Index
06-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Dancing is usually best when done to the music... This is a better idea for a joint than a collab.
There is music. And that is also you're opinion.
Also, don't allow pivot or easytoon, they bring the overall quality of an animation down.
If Sacred wants other programs let him. You're insulting animation programs, which CAN be good if mind is put to them.
I'd also up the FPS because 18 is slow for most animators. 24 is a good middle ground.
You know what, you're REALLY starting to piss me off. I know that you call yourself the "collab messiah" but this is just stupid. Please, stop being so arrogant.
I can't give this my blessing, sorry.
OH MY GOD.

Collab Messiah my ass.

Sacred, you'll probably get mad at me for what I have just said, but it had to be done. RC isn't a God at arranging collabs, and he is not a good animator either. It was funny at first, but he has become an arrogant fuck. I've been wanting to say this for some time now.

Rather Cheesy, I am not saying this for you to be offended, it is just really ridiculous. Just stop.

Sacred
06-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Collab Messiah my ass.

Sacred, you'll probably get mad at me for what I have just said, but it had to be done. RC isn't a God at arranging collabs, and he is not a good animator either. It was funny at first, but he has become an arrogant fuck. I've been wanting to say this for some time now.

Rather Cheesy, I am not saying this for you to be offended, it is just really ridiculous. Just stop.

Ok.................so are you joining?

Index
06-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok.................so are you joining?

Meh, if I finish my part in the banana collab, and have enough time to do this before it's due, the yes.

But for now, no.

Sacred
06-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Ok no prob .

Lixu
06-15-2008, 03:46 AM
Is this also at volaranims? If so, I joined there. So here too

Sacred
06-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Ummm, no, not at volaranims, that must be someone else's, but your still joining right?

mraznbuddy
06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
me in.
this fails u die
:D lol jk
$P@M

Rather Cheesy
06-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Collab Messiah my ass.

I meant synced to music, thats why it would be better for a joint so that way people can sync it to the music that sacred chooses. Pivot and easytoon do bring the overall animation quality down because they work on pixels, and not on the sleek looking vectors the flash uses. I'm not trying to insult the program with that comment, easytoon can make some pretty epic stuff. I also didn't name myself collab messiah, everyone else did that. I've toned down my *the collab messiah frowns on this collab* shit and if you don't like my opinions thats your problem and not mine. i didn't even call myself the collab messiah in that post, I just gave him my opinion. Also he ASKED me to give it his blessing is the only reason why I posted "I can not give this my blessing"

I'll tone down my collab messiah shit more just for you ok? I understand it can get annoying, but I'm just trying to help and I hope you will realize that.

EDIT: Just so you know, I'm not offended much by this, I don't want to start a feud. I respect you Brain and I don't want to have you angry at me forever ^_^

Raffi
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't even know how fast the music or or what it even i-

Damn, RC stole my line. Kinda.

But I'll join. I'm not reliable with collabs though.

Sacred
06-16-2008, 11:35 AM
And you changed your sig because of that T_T
Anyway, the music I'm playing, it doesnt matter what dance you do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cZd1Js0QaOI

byondrage
06-16-2008, 11:38 AM
sry i cant join cuz it only has one song that i dont know...

im used to this music:
http://www.imeem.com/d3kwarrior/music/LRf3aJnu/caramell_caramelldansen/
http://www.imeem.com/confusedpo/music/kYt4cf_3/ddr_kick_the_can/
http://www.imeem.com/jorellpd/music/TvhWowBy/ktz_am3p/

or maybe,

why the hell not? (http://www.imeem.com/mintblancmanche/playlist/03VlkoLW/lucky_star_music_playlist/)

thats all im sayin. :l
plus: i made that avatar a LONG time ago...

Sacred
06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
sry i cant join cuz it only has one song that i dont know...

im used to this music:
http://www.imeem.com/d3kwarrior/music/LRf3aJnu/caramell_caramelldansen/
http://www.imeem.com/confusedpo/music/kYt4cf_3/ddr_kick_the_can/
http://www.imeem.com/jorellpd/music/TvhWowBy/ktz_am3p/

or maybe,

why the hell not? (http://www.imeem.com/mintblancmanche/playlist/03VlkoLW/lucky_star_music_playlist/)

thats all im sayin. :l
plus: i made that avatar a LONG time ago...

Alright I guess I'll do Kick the Can, so does that mean ur in?

Also, I DONT CARE! Thank you. ^^

Index
06-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I meant synced to music, thats why it would be better for a joint so that way people can sync it to the music that sacred chooses.
That'd be a whole different collab idea.
Pivot and easytoon do bring the overall animation quality down because they work on pixels, and not on the sleek looking vectors the flash uses. I'm not trying to insult the program with that comment, easytoon can make some pretty epic stuff.
If animations are not up to par then they would be unused, but to assume ALL animations made with a program would be bad is just stupid.
I also didn't name myself collab messiah, everyone else did that. I've toned down my *the collab messiah frowns on this collab* shit and if you don't like my opinions thats your problem and not mine. i didn't even call myself the collab messiah in that post, I just gave him my opinion. Also he ASKED me to give it his blessing is the only reason why I posted "I can not give this my blessing"
I have seen at lease five threads with you acting superior to others to the point where you can act like it's your choice if it's a good collab or not. The post made by you in this thread wasn't as bad as the others, I was simply waiting for you to say something about being great in organization of collabs one more time, then I would say something about it.
I'll tone down my collab messiah shit more just for you ok? I understand it can get annoying, but I'm just trying to help and I hope you will realize that.
I'm fine with "collab messiah" right up until the point where you say it at half the collabs I look at, and "frown upon" or "bless" them. You DID make a good tutorial, but try not to let reputation of good advice go too much to your head.
EDIT: Just so you know, I'm not offended much by this, I don't want to start a feud. I respect you Brain and I don't want to have you angry at me forever ^_^
I am not looking for trouble even though I used a little language in my previous post, I just want to express and let you know that not everyone likes you going everywhere and saying you are a figure of authority for collaborative guidance.

. .

Sacred
06-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Alright now let's get off that subject and onto WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Raffi
06-17-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't really mind about the "Collab Messiah" thing. I still think it's funny.

Anyway, off that subject now. You really need a download link so we can sinc into the music.

Index
06-17-2008, 02:35 AM

Anyway, off that subject now. You really need a download link so we can sinc into the music.

he says it in aImost every thread, and says it Iike he has authority.

Raffi
06-17-2008, 02:39 AM
I understand what your talking about, but if you hate it, ignore it.

And why are you replacing L's with I's?

Rather Cheesy
06-17-2008, 02:44 AM
I said and I quote

Pivot and easytoon do bring the overall animation quality down because they work on pixels I never said anything about the specific animator's animation quality, but more of how they work on pixels and how if you put those next to the vector flash works on, it looks out of place and sloppy, no matter how good the pivot or easytoon animation is, its just distracting.

I realize now by going back and looking at those posts you're referring to and I see what you mean and how that could seem like I'm acting superior, but I wasn't trying to. It was just improper wording that made me an ass. [I admit it, I was an ass] I never tried to be "a figure of authority for collaborative guidance" I was just trying to help. Sorry for being a dick and stuff, now lets stop spamming Xekia's thread. =P

Raffi
06-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Hmm, but if the size in Pivot is MASSIVELY MASSIVE and they shrink it down, it's gonna have the same look as Flash.

But anyway, let's get on the subject now. This is turning into a debate.

And also, this is Sacred's thread, not Xekia's thread. Lololol :]

Rather Cheesy
06-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Hmm, but if the size in Pivot is MASSIVELY MASSIVE and they shrink it down, it's gonna have the same look as Flash.

Opps, why the **** did I think it was Xekia's?

Sorry Sacred! XP

byondrage
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
ok so do we say we're in then you send us the fla. file and we continue what the other animators did? or do we have to get teh song our selfs and do it the hard way?

Index
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM

oops... I was using my psp and couldn't tell the difference...

Raffi
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
lulz .

Sacred
06-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Alright now let's get off that subject and onto WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Anyone else read this?

You're right, I think RC was right about the passalong/joint thingy so people can sinc with the music.

he says it in aImost every thread, and says it Iike he has authority.

T_T

T_T

I said and I quote

I never said anything about the specific animator's animation quality, but more of how they work on pixels and how if you put those next to the vector flash works on, it looks out of place and sloppy, no matter how good the pivot or easytoon animation is, its just distracting.

I realize now by going back and looking at those posts you're referring to and I see what you mean and how that could seem like I'm acting superior, but I wasn't trying to. It was just improper wording that made me an ass. [I admit it, I was an ass] I never tried to be "a figure of authority for collaborative guidance" I was just trying to help. Sorry for being a dick and stuff, now lets stop spamming Xekia's thread. =P

T_T

That's EXACTLY what I do!
And yes, I made this thread...

Opps, why the **** did I think it was Xekia's?

Sorry Sacred! XP

T_T

ok so do we say we're in then you send us the fla. file and we continue what the other animators did? or do we have to get teh song our selfs and do it the hard way?

Explain'd in reply to Raffeh's question.

oops... I was using my psp and couldn't tell the difference...

How do you do that?

OMG epic post?

HAHA! EAT THAT RAFFEH!

byondrage
06-17-2008, 01:52 PM
k so when its my turn pass it to me and ill do my best.

Sacred
06-17-2008, 01:53 PM
No prob .

Raffi
06-17-2008, 02:09 PM
HAHAHA! EAT THAT RAFFEH!
no u

Sherbet
06-17-2008, 02:14 PM
if i can use pivot, ill be in :)

Index
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
How do you do that?

Do what? Post from my psp?

Sacred
06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Do what? Post from my psp?

Nvm .

Sacred
06-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Alright sorry for the double post but I need everyone to know that mraznbuddy is done, so Raffeh is up next! Good luck!

Vincent
06-19-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna join this, if you need to know how a animate then look for the aww crap i'm falling down a hill collab, and frankly i'm better then that know...

It's summer for me and i have no project that i got going on for me. So i'm ready and waiting...

byondrage
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
when its my turn you guys, and im not here, its cuz im visiting relatives and wont be able to work until i get back.

Sacred
06-19-2008, 07:42 PM
So if your not here, we'll just skip you and put you in the back of the line, that way you'll still have a part ok?

Raffi
06-20-2008, 02:25 AM
Damn, my breakdancing kinda sucks.

Actually, it doesn't.

Sacred
06-20-2008, 10:24 AM
lol, then get to it

Sacred
06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Alright guys, so Lixu has finished so now it's being passed on to Byondrage...

In other news, I joined....

Rabstar
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Yo... im up for it
im not well known though
im using pivot
i need a sample of the song, so i know what i shud make
:)

Sacred
06-22-2008, 02:13 PM
When it's your turn, the collab will be sent to you, that way you know which part of the song you animate, so please don't animate before your turn okay?

Rabstar
06-22-2008, 03:01 PM
LOL I JUST FINISHED MY ANIM
soo what i just w8 until u send me the anim (so far) and then i animate my part?

Edit: So am i in?

Sacred
06-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Yes, but remember, I can deny any entry, and if it is denied, it will be put somewhere else...

Rabstar
06-22-2008, 03:17 PM
OK
could u plz show me how good my anim has to be (i dont want to be humiliated) lol

Sacred
06-25-2008, 06:28 PM
It has to be at least easy to see whats going on, and it must sync with the music(at least partially). And no nooby stuff.

EDIT: Also, I forgot byondRage left, so he's been moved to the back which means sherbet is next!

Checkers
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm in .

Sacred
06-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Well look who's back, alright your in.

taconaf
06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
im joining :D

Sacred
06-28-2008, 07:18 PM
All right, but remember...
Rule #657, Page 3468, Section F, in the Dance Collab Rule Book....ahem....
"I have the right to deny any entry."
^_^

Sacred
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Hey peeps, so Sherbet sent me his entry, I'm putting it in the denied section. -_- So that means I'm sending the file now to...ME!
Yes its my turn. And I would also like it if other people joined to. ^_^

Sacred
07-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Is anyone out there who would like to make a non-violent animation? This is the place. -_-

Raffi
07-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Can you put me at the bottom of the list? I'd like to make a second part :]

Sacred
07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Alrightz. Good luck.

Raffi
07-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

Sacred
07-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Dead .